PDA

View Full Version : My team sucked...

vampireuk
08-02-03, 05:44 AM
Take a peek at this, this is what happens every damn time I play this game:rolleyes:

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/attachment.php?s=&postid=168356

I want a decent team! :cry:

Dazz
08-02-03, 04:52 PM
BF1942 good over the net? I heard the games laggy and buggy.

marqmajere
08-03-03, 05:00 AM
I almost want to reinstall this game again. I couldn't stand the idiots though. Did you get the Galactic Conquest mod yet?

Smokey
08-03-03, 05:55 AM
Team game s are hard when..........surrrounded by nOObs :p

silence
08-03-03, 09:00 AM
play Wolfenstein : Enemy Teritory........muvh better:cool:

vampireuk
08-03-03, 02:44 PM
I tend not to rely on any team support when I play. If you rely on getting backup you put yourself in a worse position than you could have been in first. On the other hand when my team needs support I will always be there, usually cruising around the corner in a M1A1 or swooping down over some hills in the Apache:D

Plus with not expecting team support (which is rare anyway) I can set up my own ambushes on enemy units without my position been given away. The best thing to do when targetting armoured vehicles is not to waste time disabling them but attack until the thick dark smoke appears. You save ammo and also get a few extra seconds to pull out or relocate to ambush a counter attack.:cool: Also if you just weaken a tank the nearest piece of friendly armour can deal with that while you set up the next attack. IMO on large maps with aircraft and a heavy armour prescence the best unit is Anti Armour. Any aircraft can be downed with stingers and you have the rockets for armour. Also you can be a sneaky bugger and be a assault unit and sniper at the same time. Use the Stinger scope and aim at stationary enemies at the distance to take them out, then when you get into close range combat whip out the anti armour and shoot at their feet for a kill. Works all the time for me:angel:

marqmajere
08-03-03, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by vampireuk
Use the Stinger scope and aim at stationary enemies at the distance to take them out, then when you get into close range combat whip out the anti armour and shoot at their feet for a kill. Works all the time for me:angel:

I used the same tactics in UT. Rocket launcher to the feet = bloody pile of quivering sushi chunks for an enemy. :D

wysiwyg
08-05-03, 11:37 AM
can i join your team V-UK?

pweeeeeeeeese?

:angel:

vampireuk
08-05-03, 11:47 AM
As long as you can drive a vehicle without crashing into barriers constantly:p :D

A nV News clan would kick ass, but since we are from all over the world it's just not practical:(

wysiwyg
08-05-03, 11:50 AM
ok whats the details?

i fly the Dc choppers well and the GC's Falcon like hans solo too ;) if my mx700's power hasnt run out :P

use WYSIWYG on msn messenger or trilian if u wanna contact me. :afro:

vampireuk
08-05-03, 12:25 PM
Usually you can find me in bygames Desert Combat server, based in the UK so it always has really low pings:cool:

CaptNKILL
08-05-03, 03:09 PM
I'll play with you vamp :)

My tactic in DC is to choose rocket soldier and just freaking annhilitate everything I see while defending a point.

Yesterday I was playing on Gazala (as USA) and was holding the point closest to the US base (the one on the cliff) for a whole 15 minutes ALONE, WITH NOTHING BUT MY ROCKETS. I took down 5 jets, 2 choppers, 2 BMPs, a Tank and killed every guy that attacked. Heh, didnt die ONCE during that whole ordeal :D
But my team for some reason couldnt figure out how to defend with tanks and aircraft, so we lost by 10 tickets. At one point we were ahead 270\130 tickets, then my team got ghey and it was 120\90, then 70\80, then 30\40, then 10\18, then 6\12.... that was just horrible :(

If you need aircraft taken down, Im your man :D

wysiwyg
08-05-03, 05:26 PM
is there a password required for the server?

vampireuk
08-05-03, 05:57 PM
None at all, although a lot of the time it gets full fast. We should organise a time at some point where a few of us can get together on there:cool: