PDA

View Full Version : 3D Gaming

Vanzagar
12-31-10, 03:28 PM
Now that it's been out for awhile, how is everyone liking 3D gaming?

http://www.gamespot.com/features/6285672/index.html?tag=topslot;thumb;5
http://www.gamespot.com/features/6274271/index.html

I tried a couple 3D games in my local Fry's and at first it was kind of cool, but after awhile something about the 3d world was off, can't really explain it, I think it was kind of blurry on the outer edges or something, now sure exactly... but I did walk away being only slightly amused whereas when I first put on the glasses I was quite impressed... I think after playing for awhile the 3d aspect of the game fades away and you begin to focus back on the actual game and game play...

Thoughts?

Vanz

ViN86
12-31-10, 03:50 PM
I haven't gamed in 3D yet, but it still seems gimmicky to me. Don't get me wrong, the concept seems awesome and I'm sure it's a blast, but I feel like it would wear off on me after a few weeks, kind of like 3D movies have.

The only thing I can think of that I would never get tired of is 3D pr0n. :o

grey_1
12-31-10, 03:56 PM
I love it, but it depends on the game. I would recommend reading Nvidia's list of tested games (http://www.nvidia.com/object/3d-vision-3d-games.html) before buying. If your most played games are only rated as "fair" it may not be for you. 3d objects, clipping and depth issues are very annoying.

It does add quite a bit to the experience, but it's no fix for poor graphics or game play, just a toy that can add some nice novelty to the experience.

jcrox
12-31-10, 04:40 PM
I really loved it for the first week or so but for me... it's gotten old already.

ViN86
12-31-10, 04:46 PM
I really loved it for the first week or so but for me... it's gotten old already.

That's what I'm pretty sure will happen to me.

FlakMagnet
01-01-11, 03:21 AM
Just a reminder that you can try 3D without a 3D monitor. All you need is a pair of Red/Cyan glasses and an nVidia graphics card.

The colours will be all wrong, but the 3D effect is very good. However, I do think gaming in 3D will get old quickly, but it's worth having a go as it does add an extra dimension to gaming ;)

newparad1gm
01-01-11, 11:54 AM
3D Vision Surround is damn awesome...when it works. I'm even willing to put up with a few negative issues in some games to play at 5760x1080 in 3D (for example, Fallout: NV had the blurry Pip-boy text at surround resolutions, while other games just have stretched HUDs, while still other games require 3rd party hacks to get the correct FOV), but for the most part, when it does work, its incredible. For me, it adds a whole new level of immersion to gaming. It's even affecting my purchasing decisions now. If a game doesn't support either 3D or surround resolutions, it's a no-buy for me unless if its a AAA title.

grey_1
01-01-11, 02:09 PM

Sure it's not your eyes? :lol:

j/k don't hit me :p

It doesn't have the same attraction now as it did when I bought it, but the titles I do enjoy it in, I do not want to play without it.