PDA

View Full Version : Moving OS Install?

|MaguS|
01-01-11, 11:51 AM
So when I get my Desktop up and running after my move, I want to install my SSD Drives in it. Is it possible to make an image of my current OS Install thats non raid and install it on Raid Array of the SSD?

Will Windows 7 need to be reactivated on it?

nekrosoft13
01-15-11, 12:23 AM
yes its possible, true image should handle that just fine. just look up info to make sure your SSD will be alligned correctly.

and as far as reactivation is concerned, depends how many HW changes you did before, it can ask for reactivation.

I did a similar move before, from HDD to SSD, no raid was involved. SSD ended up with correct allign.

t3hl33td4rg0n
02-10-11, 09:59 PM
yes its possible, true image should handle that just fine. just look up info to make sure your SSD will be alligned correctly.

and as far as reactivation is concerned, depends how many HW changes you did before, it can ask for reactivation.

I did a similar move before, from HDD to SSD, no raid was involved. SSD ended up with correct allign.

This.

http://www.acronis.com/homecomputing/products/trueimage/index.html

xaviers67
04-08-11, 08:22 AM
Hi,

For moving the operating system from one pc to the another pc you need to have the same configuration on the other pc too. In win 7 there is an option in the control panel of moving the user file to the another system. else you can also try by creating then restore DVD of the current system and then restore it on the another pc.