PDA

View Full Version : Won Fantasy Football League! Gaming Laptop..

dante
01-06-11, 12:45 PM
..in my future? Probably get around $1000-$1100 prize money(Thanks you Jamal Charles and Arian Foster). I'm considering a new laptop for gaming. A couple I have in mind are the 15" Alienware from Dell or the HP Envy series. I have no experience at all purchasing a gaming laptop and really would appreciate some opinions. I know it may be tough but don't want to go far above the $1500 level if possible.
Just to add. There is also a new MSI coming out later this month. Might be worth waiting for. The 15" version would be ok for me I think.

http://gizmodo.com/5725546/msis-fastest-gaming-notebook-is-an-overclocking-beast

dante
01-07-11, 10:33 AM
Darn. Usually people can't wait to give opinions. Especially on something like this. Maybe I should have added a Mac Book Air into the mix to invoke a response lol

Bearclaw
01-07-11, 10:38 AM
Sorry man, misses this thread. :o

I'm not up to date on gaming laptops but when I get home in an hour or so i will gladly research those you posted and post some feedback.

Congrats on the FF win! I was in first for the first 4 weeks or so then lost EVERY game since then by less than 5 points. No joke. It was terrible. :lol:

DiscipleDOC
01-07-11, 10:40 AM
I would think that alienware would be your best choice....

ragejg
01-07-11, 10:53 AM
Hold onto that cash and wait a bit for Fusion/Llano.

Roliath
01-07-11, 11:13 AM
what rage said, wait a few months.

dante
01-07-11, 11:47 AM
Sorry man, misses this thread. :o

I'm not up to date on gaming laptops but when I get home in an hour or so i will gladly research those you posted and post some feedback.

Congrats on the FF win! I was in first for the first 4 weeks or so then lost EVERY game since then by less than 5 points. No joke. It was terrible. :lol:

No need to apologize Bearclaw. Sorry to hear about you FF woes. Ive been on both sides of those narrow wins/losses. This year more went my way. You definitely need some luck to win at these things. No way you win just on research and knowledge.
Anyhow, I do appreciate the input from all you guys. Maybe I just upgrade my vid card on my desktop for now to scratch the itch and wait for the fusion processor and get a new laptop then We'll see

dante
01-28-11, 04:33 PM
Well I'm just not a patient person when it comes to gadgets. I couldn't wait for the new tech. Anyway, I ordered this today. Seems like a lot of laptop for the money.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0044BCZ0E/ref=oss_product

I like the 8gigs memory. Nvidia 460m gpu with 1.5gig onboard. Nice 17" screen! Have to say even for a old timer like myself I can't wait until next week when it gets here!