PDA

View Full Version : Crysis 2 Statistic

Lickedy
01-19-11, 01:20 PM
I have found this nice Statistic in the Internet.

Crysis 2 production statistic:

- 2,261,745 lines of program code have been hammered away at the keyboards.
- 436,257 cups of strong coffee made us dance on the tables.
- 10,966 creative team meetings had to endured.
- 342 powerful graphics cards died a horrible death.
- One great game company produces Crysis 2.

(crazy)

HiCZoK4
01-19-11, 01:29 PM
seems like great job to me ;)

nutcrackr
01-19-11, 06:34 PM
342 dead gpus seems....extremely high. I guess that is between all the devs and all the QA teams, even still at an absurd 10% failure (way high) that's 3400 PCs?

FastRedPonyCar
01-19-11, 09:16 PM
Also worth noting is that Helder [Pinto] was hired by Crytek to work on this game :cool:

Soetdjuret
01-20-11, 12:51 AM
Also worth noting is that Helder [Pinto] was hired by Crytek to work on this game :cool:

Jupp, hes a great guy, works as level artist if am not mistaken, his contest map Volcano looks great. Also, Xzero (who made POM+AF possible+a sh*tload of other cool shaders), and Hawkeye puppy (Real-lifesis RELI2, custom TOD's etc) are hired too.. Some big names in the modding community :)

FastRedPonyCar
01-20-11, 08:34 AM
well... to be honest, the modding community showed crytek up at their own game. What other choice did they have? they made a very smart move by hiring guys who developed better maps and better visual elements.

More game studios should do this IMO. So much untapped talent out there waiting to be discovered.

bacon12
01-20-11, 02:05 PM
That is true but the game has to have a very good sdk like crysis did for that to happen, and the suits can't seem to find value in making one anymore.

jcrox
01-20-11, 06:37 PM

I wonder if they consider

}

a line of code....

LydianKnight
01-21-11, 01:26 AM
:lol2: and this too: /* insert your stupid comment here */

mojoman0
01-21-11, 11:28 AM
Crysis 2 multiplayer demo announced for xbox

http://www.mycrysis.com/news/crysis_2/crysis-2-multiplayer-demo-announced

video of what the game actually looks like on console

newparad1gm
01-21-11, 01:47 PM
Once again the PC platform gets the shaft from developers whose roots started out on the PC.

Although I'm sure the reason they don't want to release a demo on the PC before the full game is released is because of the general negative press a beta demo can receive for being buggy, and that could hurt initial sales of the full game. The original Crysis demo had that sort of reaction with people being pissy that they couldn't run the demo at maximum detail on their PCs when it was first released.

With a 360 multiplayer demo, they can just make sure that the demo is stable on that one platform, and just use the demo to market the game to a console audience that never experienced the first Crysis and also balance and tweak the multiplayer before the full release.

[AK]Zip
01-21-11, 01:51 PM
This better not be a console port....

mailman2
01-21-11, 02:36 PM
Zip;2381121']This better not be a console port....

It is. we've known that. Our PCs will tear it up and spit it.

mojoman0
01-21-11, 04:04 PM
huh? its not a console port, engine was developed first on PC and ported over to consoles

HiCZoK4
01-21-11, 05:28 PM
Double C; //C stands for Crysis rating//
Console.WriteLine("we have finished Crysis on rrodxbox! type in how do You like it on 1 to 10 rating scale: ");
C=Convert.ToDouble(Console.ReadLine());
if (C<1&&C>10)
{
throw new exception ("out of ****ing scale!!!")
}
else
C=C/0;
Console.WriteLine("Crysis can divide by 0... heres what it looks like: {0}", C);
Console.WriteLine("Wake up nerd... Your pc can't do this anyways.... go forward");
Console.Readkey();
if (c==0)
{
c=c+9001
}
Console.WriteLine.(" Now our Crysis is over {0}!!!!!!!!!!", C)
Console.ReadKey();

20 lines of code and I already destroyed world dividing Crysis by 0!!!! Imageine what they can do with all the thousands of lines :lol:

FastRedPonyCar
01-21-11, 06:31 PM
Double C; //C stands for Crysis rating//
Console.WriteLine("we have finished Crysis on rrodxbox! type in how do You like it on 1 to 10 rating scale: ");
C=Convert.ToDouble(Console.ReadLine());
if (C<1&&C>10)
{
throw new exception ("out of ****ing scale!!!")
}
else
C=C/0;
Console.WriteLine("Crysis can divide by 0... heres what it looks like: {0}", C);
Console.WriteLine("Wake up nerd... Your pc can't do this anyways.... go forward");
Console.Readkey();
if (c==0)
{
c=c+9001
}
Console.WriteLine.(" Now our Crysis is over {0}!!!!!!!!!!", C)
Console.ReadKey();

20 lines of code and I already destroyed world dividing Crysis by 0!!!! Imageine what they can do with all the 2.26 million of lines :lol:

Fixed. :o

ArrowMk84
01-21-11, 07:44 PM
I have found this nice Statistic in the Internet.

Crysis 2 production statistic:

- 436,257 cups of strong coffee made us dance on the tables.
- 10,966 creative team meetings had to endured.
- 342 powerful graphics cards died a horrible death.
- One great game company produces Crysis 2.

(crazy)

Assuming this actually true and not the usual internet bull****:

SLOC is a useless statistic. Modern IDEs and other dev tools will generate a ton of code for you, and it tells you nothing about complexity. SLOC does impress the ignorant masses, however. </High-and-Mighty Software Engineer>

The half million cups of coffee? Good stat! I hope those boys and girls get overtime and good benefits, because they've put in a ton of hours.

Almost 11k meetings? Not sure I believe that one. It depends on how you define "meeting". And too many meetings is just as bad as too few meetings.

342 KIA GPUs? So they've either tested the hell out of the game, or skimped on the AC...

One great company? You're only as good as your last release...

Soetdjuret
01-23-11, 04:39 AM
Assuming this actually true and not the usual internet
The half million cups of coffee? Good stat! I hope those boys and girls get overtime and good benefits, because they've put in a ton of hours.

Actually, friend who works at crytek said he worked the day before christmas, and the day after christmas and the following "middle-days" before NY up until the day new year took place i.e 31th dec, So he was only off-duty on the day of christmas and New years eve LOL. So working conditions are pretty harsh for those guys, lots of preassure and lots of coffie, very much to do and little time for other stuff. Very tight scedule. I like how much enthusiasm they put into this game, much may be said about crytek, but a lazy company is not one of them.

Lickedy
01-23-11, 06:36 AM
Actually, friend who works at crytek said he worked the day before christmas, and the day after christmas and the following "middle-days" before NY up until the day new year took place i.e 31th dec, So he was only off-duty on the day of christmas and New years eve LOL. So working conditions are pretty harsh for those guys, lots of preassure and lots of coffie, very much to do and little time for other stuff. Very tight scedule. I like how much enthusiasm they put into this game, much may be said about crytek, but a lazy company is not one of them.

cause this company has his routes in germany... ^^

FastRedPonyCar
01-23-11, 09:04 AM

That's how EA rolls. :thumbdwn: