PDA

View Full Version : nvxdsync?

Q
01-26-11, 07:23 PM
Anyone else notice this process running? Looks new according to Teh Googles. Anyone have any idea WHAT it is or why it likes to eat CPU cycles during gaming?

Running 266.58 with a GTX 570.

Revs
01-26-11, 07:56 PM
I read it's a fault with the driver which is fixed in 266.99 and the .exe is for the 3D driver and may cause problems if removed. Don't know if there is any truth in that, though.

Q
01-26-11, 08:40 PM
Thank you for the quick response, Revs. I've already packed the card up for shipment back to Amazon. Between this and the LCD scaling issue (which seems to be common in 260+ drivers, and is a big deal for me since I play older games, too), I've just got to go back to ATI for now. I NEVER in a million years thought I would be finding greater faults with NV drivers (for my use, anyways) than ATI.

Revs
01-27-11, 03:09 AM
No worries :). For all peoples moaning about ATi drivers, I've had little trouble with them. They have niggles as do nV's drivers. But after almost a year with ATi (after years with nV) am not feeling the need to change back. In fact I prefer ATi for FSX performance and how they deal with AA. A couple of 580's would be nice, tho :D