PDA

View Full Version : Half-Life Natural Selection V2

-=DVS=-
08-04-03, 11:59 AM
Any of you playd Half-Life Natural Selection Version 2 yet :D
I playd man its awesome better more stable then first one , Grenade launcher is alot better , MAP is improved so much very nice you can now see your self your teammates and other stuff like hives and nodes... beeing a GORGE never be lost again hehe

Or other cool stuff like Onos can swallow any marine and digest in his belly that is scary you spend some 20 seconds inside his belly until you die :eek: and other cool improvements like better animation of aliens , guns...:drooling:

stncttr908
08-04-03, 01:59 PM
I downloaded it but haven't had a chance to play it yet. Now I have renewed interest. :thumbsup:

Edge
08-05-03, 12:28 AM
I've been a long-time NS player, and while it seems wierd I really like NS2.0. The gameplay is very different, but some of the new things are really cool. It's MUCH cooler being a commander, now you actually have hotgroups and such. And the new mini-map rules (hint-hold down the C button to get a full level map).

I play on a server called Elastical Gomez, you can find it (and me, most of the time;) ) at ns1.elasticalgomez.com, and they have a website at elasticalgomez.com. BTW, I don't go by the name "Edge" there. See if you can figure out who I am :D

joltcola
08-05-03, 07:29 AM
Some friends of mine were doing a " back in the day" thing, and we're playing Quake 3 , HL Multiplayer ( no mods ) , and UT. It was all fun and brought back old times. Then we switched to Natural Selection, and just played a lan game. We played for a few hours, and I had forgotten how fun that game can be. Especialy since I've been playing CS for a long time. Anyways, the game died, and people went home, but I was on the edge and still pumped. So I tried to join a server, it was giving me an error message about version 2. Version 2 !?!?! . I didn't hear that they came out with a new version. So I searched the internet over, and found out that they JUST released the new version.

WOAH!!! :eek:

So I downloaded the standalone server ( on accident :thumbsup: ) and then grabbed the update version. WHAM! Got that thing installed, and then I started a long gaming streak. It was great!

A game map for both sides that you can actually make sense of. Classes had major tweeks that I like. A bit more challenging, and a bit more even.

So, im having alot of fun with this. I hope they come out with a new release soon with even more changes and new features. If they keep heading in this direction, NS is going to be a HL gamers dream.

I play under jolt alot , soo you might see me around. I seem to find myself on ns.voogru.com server ( the address might be wrong , but search under voogru on yahoo and you'll find their page ).

The only thing that really stuck in my mind that I wished the devs would focus on, is the commander screen. It seems alot easier to get around, but I wish there were more menus and controls to get people to move around.

I dunno.. I've only been a commander once or twice since the new release and I've lost my touch, but I was looking for more changes to it.

take it easy

-- jolt

Edge
08-05-03, 08:31 AM
Oh, and also they're going to be coming out with a new update soon (that's being tested using Voogru's servers, in fact) that will address many of the issues people are complaining about in 2.0. Mainly tweaking the Onos's Devour ability, since some people think it's a bit unfair (at least I hope they'll make it so you can't redeem with a devoured person, that's just wrong)

joltcola
08-05-03, 10:26 AM
Yah... the redeem /w devour can suck. Especialy when they charge your base, stun, devour a guy in HA /w HMG ... and since they are getting blasted, redeem, and eat away. Thats alot of wasted res points. Although , I've played both sides enough to say that I don't feel that its overpowered. Yet I haven't played enough to suggest anything different.

With everything so new, its hard to say when is overpowered and whats gimped. Alot of that is due to commander, or the organization of the aliens.

If the commander isn't doing a decent job, or the people on the floor arn't listening. It makes it a tough game, and hard to figure out what is and isn't the weak link.

Same thing with aliens. If you got idiot builders , or just unorganized rushes. You lose...

So... its been difficult to see the issues behind most players being new to the game.

What I need to find is more information on build orders and strats for the commander. Cause I'd like to be a commander, but I'm not sure what a good build order is, and where to send people, etc etc. fun, but stressfull.

-- jolt

joltcola
08-05-03, 10:30 AM
Nooooooo.... ns1.elasticalgomez.com is empty!

I was a commander on ns.voogru.net , but I was sick of one team or another owning up. So I dropped, and went over to n1.elasticalgomez.com, but its void of people.

I'll check it out tonight edge.. see if I can't find you on there =)

-- jolt

Edge
08-05-03, 10:41 AM
Oh, yeah, I guess I should've mention that EG doesn't usually have a lot of people on during the day, heh. Seems to be more of a night server. Usually check around during 9 central or so, that's when it usually gets a lot of people on (and usually stays pretty full until like 5 in the morning). Oh, and you can always check to see if anyone's on the server by going to their website and clicking the "who's on" link. Hope to see you there ;)
Do you go by the name Joltcola on NS, or are you like me and have way to many different names for everything :)

joltcola
08-05-03, 01:05 PM
For NS , I've seemed to have stuck with jolt. So I can get some recongnition with the other regulars on some of the servers. With CS , I just use whatever, especialy on the one I admin. Thats so people don't spam me with map change requests and all that kinda stuff.

-jolt

joltcola
08-07-03, 08:59 PM
Hey edge.... I know you said that ns1.elasticalgomez.com is populated at certain times. Yet it seems to me that is been void of people the last few days. =(

Is it just my schedualing? and is there any place else you play on a regular basis?

-- jolt

CaptNKILL
08-07-03, 10:15 PM
NS is ok some times but 90% of the time when I play it, my team doesnt know how to play, so it just plain sucks.

Ive played probably 3 really fun games of NS (LONG games... 2 hours or more). The rest have just been frustrating or boring. Theres only so many times I can run and die run and die run and die.

I wish there were some different styles of maps too.

What I really want to play is a DoD\CS style mod with the commander\resource gameplay from NS. That would be sweet :)

joltcola
08-08-03, 03:00 AM
Yeah.. I can understand how you feel. Is hard to find a server , and a group of people on both sides who know what they are doing . ...

For a mod like that to come out.. would be great... alot of work on the dev's part tho.

-- jolt

-=DVS=-
08-08-03, 03:17 AM
Natural Selection made on Half-Life 2 should be awesome can only imagine :eek: Bumbmaped skulk swiming in shaded water :drooling: :p

Edge
08-08-03, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by joltcola
Hey edge.... I know you said that ns1.elasticalgomez.com is populated at certain times. Yet it seems to me that is been void of people the last few days. =(

Is it just my schedualing? and is there any place else you play on a regular basis?

-- jolt

Hmm, you must have a kinda strange schedual then. I haven't been playing at night lately (darn sleep) but I've noticed it was pretty full during the day most of the time (yesterday at around 3PM it was full for a long time). I think it's almost always populated from noon to 4PM, and then from 9PM to 4AM or so almost every day, at least it looks like it has been from what I've seen. Not sure why you've never been on it when it's had people on it...maybe just bad luck I guess.

Oh, and it's the only NS server I play on. It's the only place I can get decent pings on my 56k, since the server is on the same ISP as me, and in the same state.

joltcola
08-08-03, 11:20 AM
Originally posted by Edge
Oh, and it's the only NS server I play on. It's the only place I can get decent pings on my 56k, since the server is on the same ISP as me, and in the same state.

... thats cool.

Alright, I'll see if I can't pop on around those time.... and yeah, my schedual is all over the place. I close during the week ( 6pm to 3am ) and during the weekend I open ( 11am - 6pm ).

So, I'm all over the place.. :D

" Commander , I need ammo! "

-- jolt