PDA

View Full Version : Bulletstorm

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

K007
02-05-11, 06:51 AM
So anyone getting it? It seems like a borderlands type multiplayer game?...

i was reading wikipedia had some funny info in there lol

The title is believed to have begun development in 2008 when publisher Electronic Arts announced that it would be publishing a new IP from independent game developer Epic Games.[7] A trademark for the name "Bulletstorm" was revealed when game developer People Can Fly filed a trademark for the name in December 2009.[8] Epic Games designer Cliff Bleszinski was originally scheduled to announce the game alongside Gears of War 3 during an appearance on Late Night with Jimmy Fallon on April 8, 2010. However his appearance was delayed to April 12, 2010 after his slot was taken by pop singer Justin Bieber.[9]

On January 14, 2011, Electronic Arts announced that a demo of the game would be available on January 25 for Xbox 360 and on January 26 for PlayStation 3.[11] No demo is planned on PC, which was described as odd by some reviewers, especially for an unproven video game franchise.[12] It was remarked that Mark Rein, president of Epic Games, previously described Bulletstorm as "a full-blown, oh-my-god amazing PC game."[13][14]
Following this announcement, Cliff Bleszinski, producer for the game, wrote a tweet on January 14 about the fact that the demo was only for PS3 and Xbox 360, which was considered by game reviewers as a way of making fun of PC players.[15][16][17][18]

Peoples-Agent
02-05-11, 09:14 AM
I think this will be a sleeper hit for the year tbh, definately buying this one. Just hope the PC version gets some love.

nekrosoft13
02-05-11, 09:24 AM
looks good, but then again borderlands looked good and end up being one big POS.

I think i will wait on bulletstorm.

K007
02-05-11, 09:30 AM
yea i am not buying anything from EPIC without having a demo, so i will wait for the beta testers who pay epic to test the product to give feedback first.

a lack of pc demo shows they are hiding something.

trivium nate
02-05-11, 10:01 AM
loved the demo probably going to gt it

|MaguS|
02-05-11, 10:33 AM
A game from Epic? No, I'm not buying that.

What no love for a PC Game developer? The game is developed by People Can Fly, not Epic...

Destroy
02-05-11, 10:48 AM
360 demo was pretty darn uninteresting. I think most PC gamers will consider this game totally lackluster and tripe, which is why they are 'hiding it' and not putting out a demo.

Test the full demo folks, then buy if you like it, you know that's what Mark Rein is wanting anyway. He'll be watching those torrent downloads like fox.

WeReWoLf
02-05-11, 11:03 AM
People Can Fly make awesome games! (See Painkiller) I will most definately be buying this!

Madpistol
02-05-11, 11:52 AM
Looks pretty cool from the videos. Lets hope it delivers, especially after "Duty Calls" hyped it up to much. :p

ryoohki
02-06-11, 10:38 AM
Since when PC game have demo now a day anyway? It's super rare now..

ryoohki
02-06-11, 10:41 AM
360 demo was pretty darn uninteresting. I think most PC gamers will consider this game totally lackluster and tripe, which is why they are 'hiding it' and not putting out a demo.

Test the full demo folks, then buy if you like it, you know that's what Mark Rein is wanting anyway. He'll be watching those torrent downloads like fox.

Nah, i mean name me a game that has a demo on PC in the last 6 month, that is not a Indie game?

Even Crysis 2 on PC don't have a demo (and i doubt it will have one before the release of the game..)

Personally, i use Onlive to test a game i want (if they have it) most of the time you can test a game for 30 minutes. Did that for AC2 and bought it at the Xmas Steam Special. I wish company would do that for their game..

LurkerLito
02-06-11, 11:02 AM
Nah, i mean name me a game that has a demo on PC in the last 6 month, that is not a Indie game?

Even Crysis 2 on PC don't have a demo (and i doubt it will have one before the release of the game..)

Lara Croft and the Guardian of Light (PC demo 9/28/2010)
Civilization V (PC Demo 9/21/2010)

There may be more I just looked on steam for demos for the past 6 months.

As far as Bulletstorm, I played the PS3 demo and it seemed OK. I am not sure about it at all, but I definitely wouldn't buy it on the PS3 as I don't generally like FPS games on consoles. And at it's current pricing of $60 it's a definite wait for a sale item regardless.

Destroy
02-06-11, 11:18 AM
Just a few more..
Crash Time 4
Divinity 2
Starcraft 2
Emergency 2012

Logical
02-07-11, 10:02 AM
Looks decent but i might wait...plus Brink looks better than this...

Mike89
02-10-11, 01:31 PM
Check this link. Games of 2011 (with trailers of each). Bulletstorm is in there.

http://www.techspot.com/guides/356-hot-pc-games-of-2011/

This game looks pretty damn good to me.

HiCZoK4
02-16-11, 06:25 PM
Ive reinstalled Painkiller. It was my favourite game back in 2004 and 2005 :)

And belive me.... I got shocked! Its perfect example to put next to nowaday games. ITS SOO FAST and intense unlike any nowaday games! You can see how new games are casualised. Painkiller is very fast, hard, require accuarcy etc..

I don't think any better shooter came out after this. The weapons feel powerfull, sounds and music are great... and above all. Level design and ambient music makes for very tense and scary mood. If You guys still have it, give it a try now. I guarantee A little jaw frop :lol:

and it still looks gorgeus. 7yo game!:D 200+fps maxed 1680x1050 4xMSAA.. :O
I can't belive how I was able to finish this on trauma difficulty:O Now it seems impossible...
Hell! Ive finished it like 20times on normal difficulty:O Good ive still got my saves archived to replay some better maps.
Either I got casualized and slowed down by all this time or I got old :bleh:

ps. It took good 5 minutes for installer to run on windows 7. Its Black edition here

AngelGraves13
02-16-11, 06:36 PM
Just got it on STEAM :)

jcrox
02-17-11, 11:50 PM
It looks interesting but I think I'm going to wait to hear some feed back before buying it

crainger
02-18-11, 04:59 AM
Yeah. The Cliffy B trailers were enough to make me wait.

K007
02-18-11, 05:38 AM
plus lack of pc demo can only mean its going to be total crap lol

HiCZoK4
02-18-11, 02:37 PM
Yeah. The Cliffy B trailers were enough to make me wait.

My god.... I was soo hyped about this game, But amount of stupid trailers is laughable. Good point those were just stupid and not actually showing much of a game, so there is still some unknown about the game.
Anyway. I am still quite waiting for it. 360 demo was too short to make a judgement

HiCZoK4
02-18-11, 02:40 PM
plus lack of pc demo can only mean its going to be total crap lol

This must be Epic marketing methoid... and hate for pc. Proboably if not for People Can fly, There would be no pc version. Also Painkiller had like 3 demos so I sense Restrictions on people can fly.
Adrian Chmielarz - head chief of People Can Fly is great guy. He is really standing on the ground. I did exchanged a couple of emails with him back when Painkiller came out, and unlike any other developers, he actually anserwed.

FastRedPonyCar
02-19-11, 12:16 AM
the over the top visuals have my curiosity piqued... I may wait a few weeks to see how the reviews turn out.. maybe see how much zero punctuation hates it http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/fastredponycar/forums/smilies/cop-1.gif

then probably buy it anyways http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v212/fastredponycar/forums/smilies/redface.gif

nutcrackr
02-19-11, 12:52 AM
PC demo coming shortly after launch

http://www.hotbloodedgaming.com/2011/02/18/bulletstorm-pc-demo-coming/

Based on the PS3 demo I'm not bothering with it.

t3hl33td4rg0n
02-19-11, 12:57 AM
Not bothering... $60 on steam, no thanks.

Also, looks like other publishers are pushing $60 PC games, I knew this would happen.