PDA

View Full Version : Call of Juarez: The Cartel

Pages : [1] 2

Ywap
02-07-11, 12:32 PM
More info here:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=421059

and here:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-02-07-call-of-juarez-the-cartel-announced

I donīt know.... first game was great, the second not so much.

I say stop bugging Techland with this nonsens and let them finish Dead Island instead :D

HiCZoK4
02-07-11, 01:38 PM
I liked second one much better. Very underrated. And graphics are awesome.

mailman2
02-07-11, 01:40 PM
I hated the first one, never finished it. The second one was great from start to finish!

Ywap
02-07-11, 02:06 PM
For me Bound in Blood was Call of Duty in the wild west. Glad you liked it but personally iīm not into cinematic, hand holding on-rail shooters :(

mojoman0
02-07-11, 02:56 PM
omg a new one??!?! awesome games

yet another game in an insanely good year for games

=assassin=
02-07-11, 04:27 PM
I found them both good, although I hated the one-on-one showdowns in the second one as I found them very difficult. Took me ages in some boss fights to get anywhere.

I can't say I'll be getting this latest one though as it looks terrible already if they're going to a modern day setting. That isn't traditional Western and I want a traditional Western game.

nekrosoft13
02-07-11, 04:45 PM
first one was amazing, second was quite bad.

first one was actually challenging, while second was like call of western duty

Destroy
02-07-11, 06:10 PM
Loved the first one. 2nd one was way too CoD consolized type crap. This third one looks to have lost it way; the whole intrigue of the first 2 games was the western setting. Don't we have enough modern day and city shooters?

mojoman0
02-07-11, 06:24 PM
yea modern day wtf? they nailed the western setting. guess they just need to grow their audience tho

Destroy
02-07-11, 06:29 PM
yea modern day wtf? they nailed the western setting. guess they just need to grow their audience tho

I think the audience should grow up instead. :D

Mr. Hunt
02-08-11, 12:05 AM
I think the audience should grow up instead. :D

Lol, I agree. And I think they should have stuck with the western setting after the success of Red Dead Redemption. That game may have helped their audience grow a bit. Not saying it would do anywhere near the same numbers, but that game proved that people WILL play a western.

Redeemed
02-08-11, 12:02 PM
Set in the modern day? Color me disappointed. Loved the first CoJ, never did get to play the second (or buy it for that matter :o ). Love the western (naturally). Unless the reviews are just 10s all around I'll likely pass on this one.

Mike89
02-10-11, 12:28 PM
I liked them both but liked the first one better. The bow and arrow in the first one was awesome. wish they would have kept the way it worked in the second one. I'm always ready for more COJ, bring it on!

candle_86
02-10-11, 12:57 PM
I love the first 2, Ill play the 3rd one, it was the story that I loved, that and Reverend Ray > Chuck Norris

Bearclaw
02-10-11, 01:00 PM
LOVED the first one. Never played the second.

HiCZoK4
02-10-11, 01:14 PM
Play it. Its a breeze, fun game. And graphics are quite amazing especially in forest sections. Game is very short tho.

mojoman0
02-10-11, 01:43 PM
performance is way better than the first one too. Seems coj 2 was just on the verge of becoming some awesome adventure game with those optional missions where you could buy guns and such. I feel like their team prolly wasnt big enough to make such a game

mojoman0
03-04-11, 07:08 PM
qM53h1-ACCM

crainger
03-04-11, 11:52 PM
Set in the modern day? Color me disappointed. Loved the first CoJ, never did get to play the second (or buy it for that matter :o ). Love the western (naturally). Unless the reviews are just 10s all around I'll likely pass on this one.

So you wont play a game unless it gets near impossible? Play the second one at least. It's pretty awesome. Some cool quick draw moves, right up your big wide alley Redeemed.

Trailer makes it look pretty cool.

mojoman0
03-05-11, 12:06 AM
2nd was a great game. I feel like a third really could have expanded on the free world mini segments of the game. Man the story telling is so good in these games, makes me wanna replay it now

GitDat
03-05-11, 06:40 PM
Disappointing looking. Part 2 rocked though.

waterproof mp3
03-05-11, 08:39 PM
This game is epic. Some of my friends don't like it because it deviated from the original theme. But I think its a great game.

Sean_W
03-06-11, 05:08 AM
You mean Bound in Blood? I'm playing that now and it's pretty good, lots of DoF though and it's rather off putting.

Burnt_Ram
03-06-11, 10:08 AM
i have never played these, you guys make them sound like fun. can't believe i havent played them, being the fps guy that i am ...

edit: i can get Call of Juarez for 19.99, or Call of Juarez Bound in Blood for 12.99. which is better?

mojoman0
03-06-11, 11:11 AM
That's debatable, they're both really good and run on different engines so they feel a lot different from each other. The mechanics of the first are a bit more crude but work well for gunfights while the second has a lot more refinement, yet both have really good graphics. I say get both as they are well worth it and the story has the same characters. You can get the first on amazon for like $5 and the second is part of that steam deal right now... Or both on amazon for $14.