PDA

View Full Version : New Computer Up and running :) i72600k

K007
02-08-11, 04:54 AM
Had some initial troubles with RAM and random freezing (as in hard freeze), i read up the asus forums, seems like it is common not just on asus boards.

Good news is, after digging around, disabling the c12/c3/c6, clear cmos/battery reset fixed it for me..

although for some odd reason its running at 3.5ghz...but temps are on 40C after 1hr of bc2/black ops...

BC2 runs so smooooooooooooth!....
black ops i get 150-200fps on nuke town now (they did release a patch today too)

overall its good.

the sound is amazing tho btw....i didn't expect it to be this good

bob saget
02-08-11, 05:03 AM
change your sig and post pics ;)

congrats!!!

K007
02-08-11, 05:26 AM
ill try to get some pics...the cable management was fun to work with lol...the haf-x is great!..the one thing i did hate on the haf-x was those dam molex connectors for the fans....man i hate molex connectors...

bob saget
02-08-11, 05:36 AM
really? the fans on the 932 had regular connections...

K007
02-08-11, 05:46 AM
it has molex and power from motherboard as well, but i wanted the front of the case to look wire free ><!...

its just the molex connectors are not that tight..the pins inside it are all wobbly so it took sometime to align it and push it in.

mailman2
02-08-11, 08:26 AM
Had some initial troubles with RAM and random freezing (as in hard freeze), i read up the asus forums, seems like it is common not just on asus boards.

Good news is, after digging around, disabling the c12/c3/c6, clear cmos/battery reset fixed it for me..

although for some odd reason its running at 3.5ghz...but temps are on 40C after 1hr of bc2/black ops...

black ops i get 150-200fps on nuke town now (they did release a patch today too)

overall its good.

Now OC that puppy. Mine does 4.2 @ stock volts. And 4.8 with a bump.

ViN86
02-08-11, 01:21 PM
(w/opics)

bob saget
02-08-11, 09:34 PM
(w/opics)

+1

Bman212121
02-08-11, 09:47 PM

overall its good.

Would you happen to have a link? It seems like I'm having memory stability issues using the XMP profile with my ram. I've run P95 at 4.8ghz without issue, and 4.5ghz without issue, but it's had trouble posting even if the CPU was stock. Also had some random crashes so I'm not entirely sure what the issue was yet as obviously the ram should run those settings.

K007
02-09-11, 03:40 AM
Would you happen to have a link? It seems like I'm having memory stability issues using the XMP profile with my ram. I've run P95 at 4.8ghz without issue, and 4.5ghz without issue, but it's had trouble posting even if the CPU was stock. Also had some random crashes so I'm not entirely sure what the issue was yet as obviously the ram should run those settings.

ill c if i can find it, i was looking this up during lunch at work lol.

Basically Clear your CMS/Reset Battery.
Set C1E off, c3/c6

Set XMP profile on your memory

Problems fixed for me.

Problems i had were random hardlock freezes in windows, not even under heavyload/etc.
Cold boot can't hold memory settings, keeps resetting to 1333mhz.

I also read on the forum which had a few posts from the asus guys that have a bios out soon that will resolve a lot of these issues.

Auto tune picked 4.1~ and my memory to 1866/c9. i am keeping it stock...well @ 3.5 for now, i want to wait for that bios update, also i need to make sure the system is stable.

Looking great so far tho :). Once SSD becomes a good price/size ratio i will grab one...for now its just too much lol

absolutely loving the sound card tho.

DiscipleDOC
02-09-11, 08:48 AM
(w/opics)

+ Deux

K007
02-13-11, 01:04 AM
dude i am loving it!!!...

all the encoding stuff in AE/TMPG is sooooooooooo faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaast.

i am also able to fraps in black ops with 60fps with shadows/max quality/etc without a dip in frame rate.

at one point i had black ops running and i didn't even realise it because i had AE doing some encoding files....so glad i went with 8GB of ram!...

i am gonna stick with the 1203 bios from asus, so far i have had no issues with cold boot.

i think the memory cold boot issue is defiantly fixed by simply doing a cmos reset (via batter/jumper).

btw what the hell is c3/c6 states?...

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/4831/cpuil.jpg

Peoples-Agent
02-24-11, 11:27 AM
8GB Ram.... page file goes bye bye!!!

My new 2600K will be running an MSI board, just hope that works ok.

K007
02-25-11, 03:18 AM
i seen people saying 8gb u can disable pagefile, but a lot of people recommend to still keep it on, some applications/games will not work without it.

Peoples-Agent
02-25-11, 07:20 AM
My build has been tweaked due to stock changes, im getting the same mobo as yourself and just ringing up to have a Noctua D14 put on the build.

Will let you know what bios the machine ships with, it's going to be stress tested to hell at 4.7Ghz.