PDA

View Full Version : Crysis 2 leaked beta... bull**** Crytek comments...

Pages : [1] 2

HiCZoK4
02-12-11, 03:20 AM
Crysis 2 beta leaked yesterday. It contains whole sp campaign and its only month old and veeeery buggy. I didnt downloaded it, but Crytek is saying that we are all ****ing pirates so I might just go and do what are they telling I am:headexplode::headexplode::headexplode:

Just read this god damnitL
http://www.ea.com/crysis-2/blog/crysis-leak

"Crytek has been alerted that an early incomplete, unfinished build of Crysis 2 has appeared on Torrent sites. Crytek and EA are deeply disappointed by the news. We encourage fans to support the game and the development team by waiting and purchasing the final, polished game on March 22. Crysis 2 is still in development and promises to be the ultimate action blockbuster as the seriesí signature Nanosuit lets you be the weapon as you defend NYC from an alien invasion. Piracy continues to damage the PC packaged goods market and the PC development community."

HOW THE HELL IS "PC PIRACY" RESPONSIBLE FOR INTERNAL LEAK! They leak the damn buggy beta and then claim its pirates job. I am not buying their game now. If they want to switch to console completyy. Please. go away bastards.
This can only be inside job or maybe one of reviewers uploaded copy. But why claiming its pc pirate community?:headexplode::headexplode::headexplode:

K007
02-12-11, 03:29 AM
internal leak = pc fault?

wtf?

this guy nailed, thmbs up for him

Pandamobile
Well, don't blame the PC community. Console games get leaked way before release too. Just look at the last two Halo games. They were both leaked in the summer before their release. If you want to pin the blame on someone, pin it on the employee that leaked it. A developer beta build of a game is not something that just appears on torrent sites.

HiCZoK4
02-12-11, 03:31 AM
Developers are blaming pc for everything.
And politics are blaming everything on violence and sex in games :lol:
This is how it is. PC market is a golden egg imo. You can earn much more on pc games than consoles. I don't know why to underestimate pc community

[AK]Zip
02-12-11, 03:44 AM
Mark my words. Crytek will later blame pirating and pc gaming for poor sales and announce that Crysis 3 is console only to be later ported to pc. My money says Crysis 2 will suck!

K007
02-12-11, 03:50 AM
well from everything i read around the net/videos, visually its a step down, and the free roam that was in c1, is no longer in c2, it's very linear (cod) and very short.

let's just hope the multiplayer lives upto it....i won't be doing a pre-order, i will wait for feedback.

dikinher
02-12-11, 03:51 AM
They are not blaming PC gamers for the leak. The fact that it is leaked and the number of so-called honest PC gamers are downloading the game and playing it is the problem.

Author of Tweakguides.com couldn't have said it better.

A pre-release PC version of Crysis 2 has been leaked. I won't go into the details, but suffice it to say that it is now spreading rapidly through piracy channels, and people are using the usual excuses to justify obtaining something which does not rightfully belong to them. For Crytek, the developers of Crysis 2, this is yet another slap in the face. Crytek pushed the boundaries of PC gaming first in 2004 with Far Cry, then in 2007 with the PC-exclusive Crysis - and faced a backlash from PC gamers for doing precisely that. To add insult to injury, despite a full-featured free demo of the game being available before its release, Crysis went on to become the fourth most pirated game of 2008. Persevering, Crytek decided to invest resources into developing a customized PC version of Crysis 2. This leak, combined with statistics like Call of Duty: Black Ops, the biggest hit of 2010, being pirated 4.3 million times on the PC, versus 930,000 times on the XBox 360, yet the PC version making up only 6% of sales, makes you wonder if any major developer will consider PC gaming worth the bother in the future. MMOs, casual puzzle games and multiplayer games, as well as quick console ports, are about all that seem to be viable now on the PC. At least until PC gamers develop some semblance of respect for developers, and drop the self-entitlement attitude which piracy encourages. I'd like to think that TweakGuides readers will respect Crytek enough not to download this leaked version and wait for the official demo.

dikinher
02-12-11, 03:53 AM
I was in overclock.net earlier in the day and the number of people downloading the game and admitting it were astounding.

HiCZoK4
02-12-11, 03:57 AM
I don't get how developers can claim their losses over how many people downloaded the game...

Piracy isnt working like that. Most of people who is pirating a game, wouldnt buy it even if they would not download it. You know what I mean? maybe like 5% of people who download pirate copy of something ,would buy it if pirated copy wouldn't be avaible. So their looses are fictional. Most of people who want to buy it, just do it. No matter if pirated version is avaible.

As for now I see that 4000 people are leeching it on major torrent search engine. I don't think its that much considering they will sell over a million anyway

Sean_W
02-12-11, 04:32 AM
Even in the old days, this would have got copied and passed around but being on the torrent sites it will get around faster of course, and that's where their blame lays.

It's just a diversion for their own mistake. Crytek seem to feel the need to blame the PC community for whatever reason and maybe they still have an issue with PC sales of Crysis. I think they should get over it or just not release another game for the PC.

The simple fact is that if it wasn't for a the mass amount of console owners making up the losses to console pirating, then they would blame consoles too. If Crytek blame the PC community for 4 million copies of revenue lost, then they should think again.

Fotis
02-12-11, 04:49 AM
Facts:
1) If it weren't for the PC noone would even know Crytek.
2) Crysis sold over 3 million copies and they made a fortune from selling a PC only game.
2) People who pirate games wouldn't buy them anyway.

If you don't like the pc please stop making games.They are plenty of PC game developers with quality games that would be happy to get my money instead of you.

K007
02-12-11, 04:50 AM
They are not blaming PC gamers for the leak. The fact that it is leaked and the number of so-called honest PC gamers are downloading the game and playing it is the problem.

Yep thats right...some guy at crytek leaked it, and its automatically pc gamers fault. The same can be said about all the console games that get pirated before release.

the difference with console pirating and pc pirating is that usually one guy downloads/pirates and then sells it to everyone, those numbers are not counted.

If the PC demo were out by now, nobody would have any reason to download this leaked copy of the game

Viral
02-12-11, 04:56 AM
Yep thats right...some guy at crytek leaked it, and its automatically pc gamers fault. The same can be said about all the console games that get pirated before release.

the difference with console pirating and pc pirating is that usually one guy downloads/pirates and then sells it to everyone, those numbers are not counted.

If the PC demo were out by now, nobody would have any reason to download this leaked copy of the game

Sooo true. Console pirating is like the old days of PC pirating where everyone burnt copies of games and sold them for a minor profit or just the cost of the CD-R. Well that's what used to happen at my HS anyway.

Peoples-Agent
02-12-11, 05:12 AM
Got to admit, I was tempted to nab this to demo it out. BUT.... no DX11?

Even though i'm not even that hyped for this game, I will definately buy it. Tbh, I will now buy it due to the fact it leaked and wouldn't have done so otherwise. lol

Soetdjuret
02-12-11, 05:24 AM
This is sad news and a black day for Crytek. To support crytek i will purchase 2 copies of Crysis 2 and one additional Nano-edition version which includes artbook, nanostatue, posters and a roggsack a.k.a backpack. Just to show how goddam diehard imma am.

Maybe they should stop leaking it....

Denskejaevel.. it's not "they" who leaks it, it's some idiot untrustworthy low idiot bi*** employee with no honor or self-respect who leaked the build. Unfortunate for crytek, but not their fault.

well from everything i read around the net/videos, visually its a step down, and the free roam that was in c1, is no longer in c2, it's very linear (cod) and very short.

let's just hope the multiplayer lives upto it....i won't be doing a pre-order, i will wait for feedback.

Wow, are you surprised that a Veryhigh crysis 1 looks better than a leaked early and unpolished build of crysis 2 on high settings in dx9?? Get a grip dude, The game's Veryhigh specs and dx11 will sure look much better.. but then about 1 month after initial release due to dx11 mode along with the highest detail settings are still being tweaked and so.

I don't get how developers can claim their losses over how many people downloaded the game...

Piracy isnt working like that. Most of people who is pirating a game, wouldnt buy it even if they would not download it. You know what I mean?
Good point but, I think in some cases, if a person really wanted a game and wasn't able to get it through piracy, i think he eventually would purchase the game anyway, if it was a highly anticipated game.

Facts:
1) If it weren't for the PC noone would even know Crytek.
2) Crysis sold over 3 million copies and they made a fortune from selling a PC only game.
2) People who pirate games wouldn't buy them anyway.

If you don't like the pc please stop making games.They are plenty of PC game developers with quality games that would be happy to get my money instead of you.

Well said.

Got to admit, I was tempted to nab this to demo it out. BUT.... no DX11?

Even though i'm not even that hyped for this game, I will definitely buy it. Tbh, I will now buy it due to the fact it leaked and wouldn't have done so otherwise. lol

We need more ppl like you on this planet. As for DX11, it will be fully featured in crysis 2, but not at release day but at first patch, due to optimization and tweaking. Don't worry though, even on medium settings crysis 2 looks fantastic, and PC version will get High settings which looks even better than so. So just enjoy Dx10 and tweaked Very-high until the first patch is out.

Ancient76
02-12-11, 05:40 AM
And i will gladly pirate this game!!

Vardant
02-12-11, 05:40 AM
:headexplode:

A pre-release PC version of Crysis 2 has been leaked. I won't go into the details, but suffice it to say that it is now spreading rapidly through piracy channels, and people are using the usual excuses to justify obtaining something which does not rightfully belong to them.
It's not like they released a demo for Xbox 360, but not for the PC, right? If the PC demo was available some people would not even bother downloading this beta. It was your fault it leaked anyway, stop whining and release the demo now.
For Crytek, the developers of Crysis 2, this is yet another slap in the face.
Another? Selling 3m copies of Crysis and Warhead must have really hurt them.

Crytek pushed the boundaries of PC gaming first in 2004 with Far Cry, then in 2007 with the PC-exclusive Crysis - and faced a backlash from PC gamers for doing precisely that.
What the hell is he talking about?
PC gamers complained about Crysis being PC exclusive? I don't get it.
To add insult to injury, despite a full-featured free demo of the game being available before its release, Crysis went on to become the fourth most pirated game of 2008.
At least he's being objective in this matter and doesn't forget to mention, that a demo of the game was actually given to us for free. Yay...
Persevering, Crytek decided to invest resources into developing a customized PC version of Crysis 2.
Persevering? If it wasn't for PC gamers, their company would not be, where it is now...
This leak, combined with statistics like Call of Duty: Black Ops, the biggest hit of 2010, being pirated 4.3 million times on the PC, versus 930,000 times on the XBox 360, yet the PC version making up only 6% of sales, makes you wonder if any major developer will consider PC gaming worth the bother in the future.
He's kidding right?
Released every year, gets shorter and shorter, MP stays basically the same, the quality of the port is getting lower and lower, game is broken for weeks after release. Keep wondering why PC sales are plummeting...

MMOs, casual puzzle games and multiplayer games, as well as quick console ports, are about all that seem to be viable now on the PC. At least until PC gamers develop some semblance of respect for developers, and drop the self-entitlement attitude which piracy encourages. I'd like to think that TweakGuides readers will respect Crytek enough not to download this leaked version and wait for the official demo.
He's as ignorant as they get.

crainger
02-12-11, 05:57 AM
Well the good news is, if you check some of the comments out there, the game is shaping up to be pretty awesome.

K007
02-12-11, 06:52 AM
lol the intro is pretty sick

XDanger
02-12-11, 07:01 AM
As for DX11, it will be fully featured in crysis 2, but not at release day but at first patch, due to optimization and tweaking. Don't worry though, even on medium settings crysis 2 looks fantastic, and PC version will get High settings which looks even better than so. So just enjoy Dx10 and tweaked Very-high until the first patch is out.

Where are you getting this information?

Can a game created on a DX10 platform be magically patched to DX11?

Sean_W
02-12-11, 07:10 AM
Looks like medium to me. The full game should have very high DX10 but from what I heard, the demo will be locked to medium, unless that's the just the leaked version.

K007
02-12-11, 07:15 AM
don't post screenshots.

nutcrackr
02-12-11, 07:25 AM
They could control this mess a little by releasing a MP demo on PC early next week. Problem is MS probably have some kind of deal with Crytek to have the MP demo a month in advance so we won't see it on PC until late Feb.

Do we know the details of the leak? Was it inside Crytek, was it a review copy sent to the press? I can't see them deliberately leaking the full SP beta as a way to generate press.

Kinda feel sorry for EA in all of this.

grey_1
02-12-11, 07:41 AM
Sorry guys, I'm reporting the thread.

Downloading a leaked build is still piracy.

Posting screens of pirated games isn't allowed here.

If you truly want to support the devs get the STOLEN software off your hdd and buy it like everyone else when it hits the shelves.

Sean_W
02-12-11, 07:42 AM
It could be a stunt to boast pre-order sales or attack the PC industry and say I told you so. Why else would they blame the PC community?

Yeah, posting screenshots of a leaked beta in a PC gaming forum is idiotic.

trivium nate
02-12-11, 07:49 AM
graphics above look like crap