PDA

View Full Version : Serious Sam 3: BFE - Official Release Windows Announced

Ywap
02-13-11, 12:32 AM
http://forums.seriouszone.com/showthread.php?61832-Serious-Sam-3-Official-Release-Windows-Announced.

"Serious Sam is closing in...

Just a quick note to let all Serious Sam fans know that Serious Sam 3: BFE is coming this summer 2011.

Official annoncement will be released soon.

Roman Ribaric
CEO
Croteam"

Now this is HUGE!

:super: 2004 will finally be dethroned as the greatest PC gaming year in the history :super:

K007
02-13-11, 12:58 AM
i never understood why this game is so....popular here...looks pretty boring after awhile.

Ywap
02-13-11, 01:56 AM
i never understood why this game is so....popular here...looks pretty boring after awhile.

When you´ve had lots of it you just want more and more and more :captnkill:

Never gets boring :)

http://i56.tinypic.com/zmocbl.jpg

Crow_Nest
02-13-11, 09:44 AM
I wonder what BFE stands for... It better not be a prequel i hope.

Burnt_Ram
02-13-11, 12:31 PM
i think it is a prequel, and BFE stands for Before First Edition, i think ;)

grey_1
02-13-11, 12:49 PM
Given the absolute, epic failure that was SS2...I won't even look at this until at least 5,496 gamers give it at least an 8 out of 10....:headexplode:

Destroy
02-13-11, 01:13 PM
Given the absolute, epic failure that was SS2...I won't even look at this until at least 5,496 gamers give it at least an 8 out of 10....:headexplode:

SS2 was pretty bad but they are a smart team. I think they'll get this one right.

They will be competing against Duke though.

LT.Schaffer
02-13-11, 01:46 PM

I'm gonna get this and i'll try to convince you...just as you convinced me to get DS2:p

grey_1
02-13-11, 02:10 PM
SS2 was pretty bad but they are a smart team. I think they'll get this one right.

They will be competing against Duke though.
True dat - I hope you're right. duke looks disappointing enough to me, I hope this delivers.
I'm gonna get this and i'll try to convince you...just as you convinced me to get DS2:p

:D

Vanzagar
02-13-11, 02:50 PM
any more pics?

HiCZoK4
02-13-11, 02:51 PM
I never liked Serious Sam. Weapons have 0 feel to it.

Viral
02-13-11, 07:03 PM
I never liked Serious Sam. Weapons have 0 feel to it.

Same, and exactly for that reason. I much preferred Painkiller.

FastRedPonyCar
02-14-11, 03:33 PM
Same, and exactly for that reason. I much preferred Painkiller.

true but I think that the SS games have always had a sort of elementary brainless fun factor to them that made them a fun game to jump on and play.. especially back in the day at LAN parties and what not 4 player co-op was absolute insanity and generally regarded as more fun than any of the quake 3 or unreal tournament or battlefield stuff.

I can't wait for this new one. Croteam is always on top of the graphics too. I remember being floored by the very first one. Extremely detailed surfaces and tons of effects that really pushed the visual envelope.

I was a bit let down by the HD re-makes as they were basically just re-textured with the SS2 lighting engine but it was fun to re-play with buddies from back in the early SS1 days over steam.

Intel17
02-14-11, 03:42 PM
I hate to say this (because I am a hardcore KB/M fan), but on a controller with vibration, the weapons feel awesome :-P

Cylphid
02-27-12, 09:53 AM
Gotta bump this.

So far, every single thing that was wrong in SS2 is fixed in SS3. This game is a hoot, better than SE imo.

Good visual, great weapons, nice job on the environments, good balance wrt combat, and no hand holding except for signs pointing the way through certain maps - easy to get turned around and lost in a few.

More than worth the $13 I just paid for it. :)

|MaguS|
02-27-12, 10:04 AM
My fiance, Friend and I played and beat it when it launched. Its a great game but it was kinda short. We wish it was longer because it was so much fun.

Cylphid
02-27-12, 11:46 AM
My fiance, Friend and I played and beat it when it launched. Its a great game but it was kinda short. We wish it was longer because it was so much fun.

I haven't beat it yet, but I think I'm close. Just got the sniper rifle, so that just leaves the 'nade launcher and lazer cannon - if all the weapons are the same, that is. Love the devastator :lol:

Some of the new comments crack me up too.....

|MaguS|
02-27-12, 12:09 PM
You can actually complete the game without getting all the weapons. I know our first play-through we missed the laser cannon.

Cylphid
02-27-12, 12:15 PM
You can actually complete the game without getting all the weapons. I know our first play-through we missed the laser cannon.

Thanks for the tip - yeah, I may be right at the ending then. A couple of the secrets threw me though, as in "How the heck do I get up there?" :lol:

G@merX
03-06-12, 04:47 PM
I loved this game. I thought it was very short, even for games today, but for the price I guess itmakes sense. A game is damn good when you're sad it ends. Croteam did an amazing job with this one. I hope they make an expansion pack for it.

Cylphid
03-07-12, 07:58 AM
I loved this game. I thought it was very short, even for games today, but for the price I guess itmakes sense. A game is damn good when you're sad it ends. Croteam did an amazing job with this one. I hope they make an expansion pack for it.

Yes - although it took me a bit to figure out that last boss. I must have died 30 times at least :rofl

On my second playthough now, still a blast, can't wait for the next one. :)

G@merX
03-07-12, 10:06 AM
Yes - although it took me a bit to figure out that last boss. I must have died 30 times at least :rofl

On my second playthough now, still a blast, can't wait for the next one. :)

At least you beat him alone LOL. I had to jump into a co-op mp to take that big bastard down. :o

Cylphid
03-07-12, 10:24 AM
At least you beat him alone LOL. I had to jump into a co-op mp to take that big bastard down. :o

Believe me, it was totally by accident...while I was running for my life like a little baby. :rofl