PDA

View Full Version : Tron 2.0 Single Player Demo

jnd3
08-05-03, 08:31 AM
Available here (http://www.avault.com/pcrl/demo_temp.asp?game=tron). I loaded it up last night. Tons better than the light-cycle demo that was leaked a while back. It's pretty hefty at 200MB, but it came down in about an hour over the cable modem. I'm much more stoked about the game after playing this demo than I was after playing the previous one! Anyone else give it a go? Thoughts?

Cheers,
JND

Smokey
08-05-03, 11:25 AM
No havent given it a go yet, didnt know it was even out :p Tnx for the heads up, I may dl and try this, but the light cycles demo have given me a bad taste, plus the fact im addicted to RavenShield :D

Nephilim
08-05-03, 11:34 PM
I never played the lightcycle demo, but I gotta say.....

This demo is pretty damn cool. The sound and music are spot-on, and I wouldn't be suprised if some of the sound effects are from the movie itself. My only gripe with the demo is that it's too short (one level), but the multiplayer (from what I understand) is VASTLY improved from the lightcycle demo.

I can't wait for this one...

silence
08-06-03, 10:09 AM
i am not going to dl this demo cause of my bandwidth limit, so i just wanna ask you -> is this demo really that much better?did ppl jumped into their judgment of Tron little bit too early?

i remember seeing screenies...it's was kinda cool in that blue lights and all.....

jnd3
08-06-03, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by silence
i am not going to dl this demo cause of my bandwidth limit, so i just wanna ask you -> is this demo really that much better?did ppl jumped into their judgment of Tron little bit too early?

i remember seeing screenies...it's was kinda cool in that blue lights and all.....
I thought it was worlds beyond the lightcycle demo (which was, remember, unofficial). The graphics (cool glow effects and reflections), the music, the techno-reverb sound effects all captured that Tron feeling. And the disc is such a sweet weapon! I didn't even try any of the other ones my first time through.

Don't worry, it'll probably show up on a demo disc in the near future (and on shelves by the end of the month).

Cheers,
JND

stncttr908
08-06-03, 10:46 AM
I just tried it. It was alright, but a little bland. The whole idea of being locked inside a computer sounds pretty cool though. That'd probably be the only attaction to this game for me.

adv1
08-06-03, 07:30 PM
I tried it and I was a bit disappointed to be honest.

I like the Tron film but I didn't really enjoy playing through that level. Most of the weapons weren't much good and I ended up just sticking to the disc. I think the idea of being inside a computer has been worked into the game pretty well though with e-mails, viruses etc.

But the graphics could be a problem. They match the theme of the film quite well, but unfortunately the side effect is that they look dull and simplistic compared to other recent FirstPersonShooters.

Also, having to jump on moving crates is something I thought (hoped) had been left in FPS past :(

RAY16
08-06-03, 09:18 PM
It wasn't required to jump on the "crates". I love the glowing effect, it helps make the graphics less bland. I think it will be a greate game, I like how you download things while in the game. And about the weapons, those are just level one weapons. Through the course of the game you upgrade them, they are probably good after they are upgraded.