PDA

View Full Version : 50.xx

Reaper106
08-05-03, 11:30 AM
Does anyone have any info as to when the 50.xx series driver will be released by Nvidia?

Thx for any info.........

Reaper106
08-05-03, 11:38 AM
Sorry meant to post as 50.xx :D

digitalwanderer
08-05-03, 11:44 AM
No one knows and all nVidia keeps saying is "really, REALLY soon!", but they've been saying that for many moons now. :(

Reaper106
08-05-03, 12:14 PM
Well I guess that will have to do huh. :D

Thx

StealthHawk
08-05-03, 09:21 PM
Whenever NV38 comes out 50.xx will make their appearance most likely.

DivotMaker
08-05-03, 10:25 PM
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
No one knows and all nVidia keeps saying is "really, REALLY soon!", but they've been saying that for many moons now. :(

No. People like yourself and others have speculated on when, but nVidia themselves have not said one word about the Detonator 50.xx drivers....

Flipper
08-06-03, 03:36 PM
fall 2003

digitalwanderer
08-06-03, 03:51 PM
Originally posted by BigBerthaEA
No. People like yourself and others have speculated on when, but nVidia themselves have not said one word about the Detonator 50.xx drivers....
Why, you are indeed correct BBEA! The only comments that nVidia EVER makes concerning driver releases is that they'll be done when they pass nVidia's own stringent internal testing standards.

In otherwords, whenever nVidia feels like. :)

So I guess you're right and it is silly to try and predict when nVidia will put out drivers since they're so spotty about it, unlike boring old ATi who just puts out a shiny-new WHQL set every 6 weeks like clockwork. :cool:

Thanks for pointing that out for me BBEA, my bad entirely. :D

Mark_fox
08-06-03, 03:55 PM
50.xx sucks, needs about 2months of testing to be useable...lol

digitalwanderer
08-06-03, 04:20 PM
Originally posted by Mark_fox
50.xx sucks, needs about 2months of testing to be useable...lol
YOU MEAN THEY REALLY EXIST?!?! :eek:

Mark_fox
08-06-03, 04:37 PM
ermm..yeah, I think every1 knows that...but if someone doesn't - yeah they do but they suck atm because they are alpha quality :D

prodikal
08-06-03, 04:57 PM
In one of the nVidia chats all they would tell me was "WE CANNOT COMMENT ON UNANNOUNCED PRODUCTS."

digitalwanderer
08-06-03, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by Mark_fox
ermm..yeah, I think every1 knows that...but if someone doesn't - yeah they do but they suck atm because they are alpha quality :D
I think yours is the first I've heard tell that they actually exist, albeit it in buggy alpha.

Seriously, nVidia wouldn't even admit they exist!

Reaper106
08-07-03, 02:35 PM
The only 50.xx driver i have ever seen was for the Quadro line of cards. 50.20 I belive. they were on PNY's site.

ragejg
08-10-03, 10:00 PM
...and aren't the only 50.XX's that exist for Win64?

serAph
08-11-03, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by digitalwanderer
Why, you are indeed correct BBEA! The only comments that nVidia EVER makes concerning driver releases is that they'll be done when they pass nVidia's own stringent internal testing standards.

In otherwords, whenever nVidia feels like. :)

So I guess you're right and it is silly to try and predict when nVidia will put out drivers since they're so spotty about it, unlike boring old ATi who just puts out a shiny-new WHQL set every 6 weeks like clockwork. :cool:

Thanks for pointing that out for me BBEA, my bad entirely. :D

micro$oft can take their WHQL and shove it. I'd rather trust my own system to see if a drivers worth a flip or not. Anyway, ATi does release drivers quite regularly, but they dont seem to be getting any better in the past few releases... just annoying bugfixes that never should have been there in the first place.

Reaper106
08-11-03, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by ragejg
...and aren't the only 50.XX's that exist for Win64?

Yes they were Win64 drivers I belive.