PDA

View Full Version : Samsung Galaxy S2

Pages : [1] 2 3

Albo
02-21-11, 10:53 AM
Anyone know when it will release in the US? AT&T specifically?

nekrosoft13
02-21-11, 11:03 AM
I woudn't bother with that phone, any current galaxy S owner will tell you the same.

Albo
02-21-11, 11:12 AM
Yea, but it you would think that a company fixes their mistakes the second time around.

betterdan
02-21-11, 11:24 AM
Current Galaxy S user here and I'll tell you the same.

Sure it looks pretty nice, so did the original Galaxy S. I don't trust them.

AthlonXP1800
02-21-11, 04:05 PM
Anyone know when it will release in the US? AT&T specifically?

I think this end of month.

http://www.attdroids.com/forum/t-android-news/2673-samsung-galaxy-s-ii-coming-stock-t-3g.html

I wouldnt worried about what nekrosoft13 and betterdan said, they are some of very tiny minority who are not satisfatured with Galaxy S. Samsung released GPS fix update back in September 2010 and if it still not fixed GPS issue then everybody will complainted and sales would been flopped but since January 2011 Samsung reported over 10 million Galaxy S been sold to date. It still selling like hot cake.

I found 3 Samsung Galaxy S II 1080p samples, I was shocked and stunned at the camera quality, they looked much better and smoother than both LG Optimus 2X and Motorola Atrix.

pgLy0ubZfxE

2EljP9_m9KY

OcoBCJv2MPs

OMG I am SSSSSSOOOOOLLLLLLLDDDDDD!!! :drooling:

Albo
02-21-11, 04:50 PM
:o

End of this month?

That's perfect!

My upgrade is in mid march.

nekrosoft13
02-21-11, 04:59 PM
:o

End of this month?

That's perfect!

My upgrade is in mid march.

just be patient and don't do something stupid like pre-order that phone. That "fix" that samsung released was only couple months late, and didn't actually fix the issue, it slightly improved GPS, but it didn't fix it. Galaxy S still has the worst GPS performance from all "premium" Android phones.

Samsung is really bad when it comes to android phone upgrades

Albo
02-21-11, 05:05 PM
No I know. I never pre-order things. As good as something is (game, product) there's always something wrong with it.

nekrosoft13
02-21-11, 05:29 PM
No I know. I never pre-order things. As good as something is (game, product) there's always something wrong with it.

never pre-order anything from a company with bad record in that particular device group, for example Samsung with android phones.

HTC and motorola have a much better track record.

AthlonXP1800
02-21-11, 05:31 PM
Well better wait until Samsung Galaxy S II reviews out to see how well GPS is perform.

Many people with Galaxy S with GPS fix updated experienced huge improvement on GPS and some had still not fixed and yet others had little improvement on GPS. Guess it all depend on network operators.

betterdan
02-21-11, 06:44 PM
I wouldn't listen to Athlon he doesn't own a Galaxy S and doesn't have first hand experience with it. The GPS still isn't fixed by the way and I doubt it ever will be. The problems and complaints about the Galaxy S line are all over the net.

CaptnStubing
02-21-11, 11:17 PM
Get an Evo. Best phone I've ever had. Usually I see a new phone and say OH DATS NISCH! Since I got the Evo other phones don't exist. If I even look at another phone I would feel like I was cheating and it would get mad at me. It has already ran off my family and friends. My girlfriend won't return my phone calls and put a restraining order on my Evo. She said something about the phone being like Christine. I think she is just jealous. Who needs people or society when you have an Evo.

Rakeesh
02-21-11, 11:30 PM
I'd avoid anything Samsung when it comes to android:

A new wrinkle in the update and fragmentation story emerged today. AndroidSpin is quoting an unnamed T-Mobile employee as saying that the carrier is being told not to release the Android 2.2 update (Froyo) to customers that own the Samsung Vibrant. The reason: to increase sales of the new Vibrant 4G.

The kicker is that the Vibrant 4G's specs are largely identical to the existing Vibrant devices. The only major difference (aside from name and branding) is that the Vibrant 4G sports a forward-facing camera and some additional multimedia features. It also is able to take full advantage of T-Mobile's HSPA+ network (which the carrier is branding as 4G). That HSPA+ advantage, however, has nothing to do with the hardware. The reason the Vibrant 4G can take full advantage of those speeds is because it ships with Froyo pre-installed.

T-Mobile allegedly has an update for Vibrant users ready to be pushed out, but is being asked not to push it out because doing so would remove a major advantage that the newer phone offers (increased data performance).

http://www.itworld.com/mobile-wireless/133593/android-manufacturers-withholding-updates-and-worsening-platform-fragmentatio

I'd also avoid Motorola if you like modifying your phone because they are hell bent on locking you out.

Albo
02-21-11, 11:37 PM
Get an Evo. Best phone I've ever had. Usually I see a new phone and say OH DATS NISCH! Since I got the Evo other phones don't exist. If I even look at another phone I would feel like I was cheating and it would get mad at me. It has already ran off my family and friends. My girlfriend won't return my phone calls and put a restraining order on my Evo. She said something about the phone being like Christine. I think she is just jealous. Who needs people or society when you have an Evo.

not on att

CaptnStubing
02-22-11, 12:39 AM
not on att

You made Evo mad... gotta go

shabby
03-16-11, 10:14 PM
Also After using Galaxy S I feel that it is the fastest phone I have ever used....

Obviously you don't actually own a galaxy s phone, no sane owner would say that its the fastest phone out there.

betterdan
03-16-11, 10:16 PM
I do own a Galaxy S phone and yea it's fast, no idea if it is the fastest. I do know the GPS sucks faster than anything out there.

Albo
03-16-11, 10:40 PM
Obviously you don't actually own a galaxy s phone, no sane owner would say that its the fastest phone out there.

It's pretty fast. I haven't used other phones, so its the fastest phone as far as I know.

betterdan
03-16-11, 10:43 PM
Alpo with that way of thinking, you have never been with a woman so your hand is the best as far as you know...

Toss3
03-17-11, 07:41 AM
I do own a Galaxy S phone and yea it's fast, no idea if it is the fastest. I do know the GPS sucks faster than anything out there.

Doubt it's the fastest now that the Optimus 2X is out, but it sure runs like a dream on EXT2 with fugutweaks and the newest firmware. Is the vibrant on 2.2.1 yet?

betterdan
03-17-11, 07:58 AM
No, but it has been on 2.2 for a while now.

Toss3
03-17-11, 08:07 AM
Not sure about 2.2.1 but it has been on 2.2 for a while now.

2.2.1 is a lot faster than 2.2 and has a hardware-accelerated browser. :) I also recommend trying fugutweaks(libs from gingerbread) in order to increase the overall responsiveness of the device(requires root).

Toss3
03-17-11, 08:12 AM
Try this one (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=973208)

and combine that with

this little tweak (http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=981125)

and you should have a device that is much much faster than your current setup. ;)

betterdan
03-17-11, 08:34 AM
I don't want to lose the wifi calling that Tmobile just added it with the last update.
The phone ain't slow, it is just flakey and I doubt anything will fix the GPS.

nekrosoft13
03-18-11, 10:49 AM
have you checked XDA? i'm sure someone was able to export that APK