PDA

View Full Version : new and improved temps!

b00bie
08-05-03, 03:51 PM
Well, I have a Barton 2500+ and decided to try out the CoolerMaster Aero 7+ HSF. All was going well, but the temps I was getting where not to my satisfaction. I was getting around 39*C idle and 44/45*C under full load. So I decided to do some lapping. Well, now my HSF is lapped to a mirror perfection and my temps dropped down to 32*C idle and 38*C full load with the room temps being around 26*C. Not bad I say. :)
Now if I could only find some better case fans than those from Thermaltake, I could drop this temp even lower I think. :p

volt
08-05-03, 03:53 PM
Good job :)

92mm / 120mm Panaflo's will do a great job :)

Dark Jedi
08-05-03, 03:54 PM
Sweet temps... I'm sitting at 45 atm (No OC), though it is very humid here at present. And I'm not exactly using a performance cooler... ;)

Dark Jedi
08-05-03, 03:55 PM
Off topic a little here... how loud are the combined 7 fans in the Xaser? I was considering getting myself one of the lovely black models with window...

Dazz
08-05-03, 04:04 PM
Not much about 30dba. I have 5x combinded fan in my Antec 1080AMG and they are all alot quiter then my old TaiSol 760 HSF, in fact my whole system is queiter :p

joltcola
08-06-03, 03:26 AM
I recently recived and installed a SK-7 Thermalright HS , with a Thermaltake Smart Fan II with Shin-Eitsu thermal compound. Before I was getting 41c @ idle and 47c @ load /w stock HSF. Now I'm getting 35c @idle. Not too bad. Haven't tried putting it underload yet. Seeing where the temp stops at just idle.

When I recived the SK7 , I was suprized that the lapping from the factory wasn't smoother. I wanted to lap it, but I wanted to get it on the cpu asap. Just because I've been waiting for the shipment for awhile. I think it would be necesary in the future to give it a good rundown. Especialy when I switch out the cpu for a 2500 barton.

Nice temps..

edit : I pulled off the rpm control doohikie since it wasn't allowing it to get even close to the 4200 rps it rated for. I pulled it off, since noise isn't a big issue at the moment, and now have dropped the idle temps by a few points and the underload holds at 35-38ish.

- jolt

b00bie
08-07-03, 01:35 AM
Originally posted by Dark Jedi
Off topic a little here... how loud are the combined 7 fans in the Xaser? I was considering getting myself one of the lovely black models with window...

They are nice and quiet. But as far as moving some air around the case, they're not worth $#@%! That's why I plan on getting me some better fans. At least 2. ;)

Dark Jedi
08-09-03, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by b00bie
They are nice and quiet. But as far as moving some air around the case, they're not worth $#@%! That's why I plan on getting me some better fans. At least 2. ;)

Cool... thanks for the info dude. :)