PDA

View Full Version : DCS A10C

aceflier
02-22-11, 07:06 PM
Beta is over and has been released publicly.

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/index.php?end_pos=2452

The most in depth simulator ever produced.

Also has an arcade mode for you guys who just like to get in fly and shoot things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUu4SV3GjVw

Shamrock
02-22-11, 09:40 PM
Is this FREE!?!?

Scendore
02-22-11, 10:39 PM
Beta is over and has been released publicly.

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/index.php?end_pos=2452

The most in depth simulator ever produced.

Also has an arcade mode for you guys who just like to get in fly and shoot things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUu4SV3GjVw

In depth yes ever produced you need to check your facts a bit... Falcon has this thing in spades especially with all the new versions with a DX9 version on the way.

Love A10 and Own it too...

Scendore
02-22-11, 10:41 PM
“DCS: A-10C WARTHOG” Released

DUXFORD, UK, February 21, 2011 – The Fighter Collection and Eagle Dynamics now offer “DCS: A-10C Warthog” as a digital download for $59.99.

Purchase "DCS: A-10C Warthog" at:
http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.co...eries/warthog/

"DCS: A-10C Warthog" is a PC simulation of the U.S. premier Close Air Support attack aircraft. This is the second aircraft in the DCS series, following DCS: Black Shark, and raises the bar even higher in the DCS series. Warthog brings the most realistic PC simulation of a modern fixed wing combat aircraft in regards to flight dynamics, avionics, sensors, and weapon systems. You also have the option to play Warthog in "Game" mode for a casual game experience. Fly missions in the Caucuses region of the Black Sea against and with a wide array of air, land and sea forces with new and improved intelligence. Create your own missions and campaigns with the included Mission and Campaign Editors, and fly with and against friends online using the included online game browser.

Key Features:
• Fly the A-10C “Warthog” in either realistic or game modes.
• Fly missions in Georgia and Russia.
• Interactive training missions shallow the learning curve dramatically.
• Rich campaigns and single missions included.
• Multiplayer cooperative and head-to-head.
• Mission and Campaign editors allow user created content.
• The most realistic flight dynamics ever done for a PC simulation.
• Huge array of land, air and sea units to flight along and against.
• Ability to command ground forces during missions with radio commands.
• Fully interactive Forward Air Controller (FAC) that helps you find targets.

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.co...efault&lang=en

System recommendation
Operating system: 64-bit Windows XP, Vista, and 7
Processor: CPU: Core 2 Duo E6600 or AMD Phenom X3 8750 or better
Memory: 4GB
Hard disk space: 7 GB
Video: Shader 3.0 or better; 512MB NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT DirectX 9.0c or better
Sound: DirectX 9.0c-compatible
DirectX®: 9.0C

About The Fighter Collection:
The Fighter Collection, as well as developing software for the entertainment and serious game markets, also operates, rebuilds and maintains Europe's largest collection of airworthy WWII fighters and is based at Duxford Airfield, in the UK. For more information visit our websites: http://www.fighter-collection.com/
HOTAS Warthog

My settings: Textures: High, Scenes: High, Civ Traffic: Low, Water: Low, Visib Range: Medium, Heat Blur: On, Shadows: High, Resolution: 2560x1600, Res. of ****pit Displays: 256, MSAA: 4x, Clutter: 200 m. HDR and TSAA On.

http://www.kengray.co.uk/lockonbuy.htm

Sabadin
02-23-11, 11:23 AM
Falcon has this thing in spades especially with all the new versions with a DX9 version on the way

Debateable at best. If you only include the official developments, and not the 10+ years of free development, it's not even close.

Scendore
02-23-11, 04:42 PM
Debateable at best. If you only include the official developments, and not the 10+ years of free development, it's not even close.

Debateable? Yes of course I would include the work of Open Falcon and Free Falcon. Why would I compare a game that is now going on 13 years old?

Don't get me wrong I really like DCS A10 and I think it's a big improvement over what was done in LOMAC and Flaming Cliffs.

Roadhog
02-23-11, 05:00 PM
How can you get any better than a10? That's right, you can't.

LurkerLito
02-23-11, 06:25 PM
How can you get any better than a10? That's right, you can't.

Sure you can, go join the air force and try to be a real A10 Pilot ;)

Sabadin
02-23-11, 08:39 PM
Debateable? Yes of course I would include the work of Open Falcon and Free Falcon. Why would I compare a game that is now going on 13 years old?

Don't get me wrong I really like DCS A10 and I think it's a big improvement over what was done in LOMAC and Flaming Cliffs.

Still debateable, Falcon provides a better Full Theatre wargame, DCS provides a better single pilot experience.

To say Falcon beats DCS in spades is entirely opinion based on what the end user is looking for. In my case Falcon simply doesn't "do it" for me and is an inferior experience to DCS, didn't stop me from picking up 2 copies of F4AF on launch to support devs keeping this genre going.

Shamrock
02-24-11, 03:19 AM
Whoa $59.99 but I had the link last night to full game? It's why I asked, cause I thought it was a homemade mod for LockOn. It didn't say anything about a demo in the link.

Raptorman
02-24-11, 05:58 PM
I pre-ordered my copy months ago, and have been impatiently waiting ever since. I loved Black Shark, and I'm sure this will be a fine addition to what little flight sims there are now.

Roadhog
02-24-11, 06:42 PM
I pre-ordered my copy months ago, and have been impatiently waiting ever since. I loved Black Shark, and I'm sure this will be a fine addition to what little flight sims there are now.

lol what? There was a never a pre order for DCS A10 :|

Raptorman
02-24-11, 07:13 PM
lol what? There was a never a pre order for DCS A10 :|

If you pre-purchased DCS A-10C you got access to the BETA. Maybe I should have stated that more clearly. I pre-purchased DCS A-10C, and got to play the BETA for months before the game was released.

On another note, how the hell do you use the GAU-8 in Game Mode?

Raptorman
02-25-11, 02:48 PM
What are the keyboard commands to bring up the GAU-8 gunsights on the HUD? Im really tired of taking forever to flip switches, and I've searched all over the net and cannot find a thing relating to it. I am playing in Game Mode.

Roadhog
02-25-11, 04:14 PM
Oh, sounded like you pre purchased it and didnt play the beta lol.

also, get a joystick and get out of game mode. If not this game really isn't for you.

Raptorman
02-25-11, 04:22 PM
Oh, sounded like you pre purchased it and didnt play the beta lol.

also, get a joystick and get out of game mode. If not this game really isn't for you.

I'm using a Logitech G940, but I have to map everything to it.

No, I didn't play the beta that much, and when I did it was in simulation mode. I'm trying to have fun with it, not be an A-10 pilot. I'm looking for help, not criticism. So, how about a little help. Since you know much more about it than I. What do I need to map to my G940 to make the gun sight easily accessible?

Scendore
02-25-11, 05:15 PM
Still debateable, Falcon provides a better Full Theatre wargame, DCS provides a better single pilot experience.

To say Falcon beats DCS in spades is entirely opinion based on what the end user is looking for. In my case Falcon simply doesn't "do it" for me and is an inferior experience to DCS, didn't stop me from picking up 2 copies of F4AF on launch to support devs keeping this genre going.

Not really a debate... In terms of experience DCS is a yawn fest when it comes to the imersion created by the dynamic campaign. Scripted mission can be good but they are very tactical in nature and don't give you the sense of the over all picture. Having 25 planes in the sky at one time and a few colums doesn't even come close. Having to deal with a true IAD system were flights are vectored to you and defenses put up is something to behold. DCS is lifeless.

I will offer DCS has come a long way in the series and I own it and I'm going to enjoy having a study sim based upon the Hog but sorry F4 can't be touched and there is more coming.

Roadhog
02-25-11, 05:29 PM
I'm using a Logitech G940, but I have to map everything to it.

No, I didn't play the beta that much, and when I did it was in simulation mode. I'm trying to have fun with it, not be an A-10 pilot. I'm looking for help, not criticism. So, how about a little help. Since you know much more about it than I. What do I need to map to my G940 to make the gun sight easily accessible?

PM me your email and I will send you my profile. It is setup as nearly identical to the actual plane as I could get it. The only thing that needs to be bound in game is the mini joystick.

To switch to guns mode you need to press the master mode button (S3 in my profile) until the hud displays gun mode. I don't know anything about arcade mode as I have never used it. Sim mode is really easy once you get the hang of things and has a higher reward. It only takes a second to switch between weapons and deploy them once you get the hang of it. No need to flip any switches either besides arming switches. Everything is on the HOTAS.

Sabadin
02-25-11, 11:12 PM
but sorry F4 can't be touched and there is more coming.

Your opinion, there are many that share it, there are many that do not. Hell during the beta even saw a few die hard Falconers that took every oppurtunity they could to piss on LOMAC during the Frugal's days now jumping ship to DCS with the A-10C module. Like I said, Falcon is a superior wargame, DCS is a superior aircraft simulation. Neither one is "spades" ahead of the other.

Scendore
02-26-11, 01:40 PM
Your opinion, there are many that share it, there are many that do not. Hell during the beta even saw a few die hard Falconers that took every oppurtunity they could to piss on LOMAC during the Frugal's days now jumping ship to DCS with the A-10C module. Like I said, Falcon is a superior wargame, DCS is a superior aircraft simulation. Neither one is "spades" ahead of the other.

Again opinion...

Sabadin
02-26-11, 09:02 PM
Again opinion...

Good, we're both on the same page now ;)