2-CPU i7 980X
3-RAM 6GB DDR3 1333 3*2GB ADATA
4-MONITOR HP 22" HDMI
5-VGA ZOTAC GTX 480
6-SSD ADATA S599 128GB + 2*WD GREEN 1TB + 2TB
7-DVD R+W
8-CASE HAF X 942
9-PSU HUNTKEY 700W

Problem is the that he had my friend as usual format hard disk and install Windows again and install the software and the installation of drives the pc work good all but when the installation of drivers graphics card Driver When you finish the process of installing graphics card Driver as usual ask Windows to restart the computer and when the restart and the process of loading Windows does not start Windows, but appears the problem is a black screen but sound Windows Works and can be heard.
And when he enters in the process of safe mode show picture and sound has been tried many versions of Windows and many versions of drivers, graphics card, but to no avail, what is working and where is the problem note that the authors not this is the first time that the installation of Windows, but this issue got the first time Is not it strange problem.
And I have a simple addition, in some cases, Windows is loaded and when the Welcome screen freezes the computer and remain on this case to my friend that the re-run the computer or turn off a computer or a black screen appears.

Bah!
02-24-11, 11:23 AM
Until your last line I would have said that the first display device (or whatever it's called on that particular board) setting in the bios is probably set wrong and causing it to not show video.

If it's actually showing the Welcome screen and freezing it could be just about anything. Try resetting bios to default settings and see if it will boot fine.

italy2010
02-24-11, 11:42 AM
Thank you for your answer, but I have said that the computer is working normally, but when I only install driver of VGA card screen appears black if the defect of the BIOS I think the computer does not work originally!!!!!!:afro:

Peoples-Agent
02-24-11, 12:03 PM
My money is on the refresh rate being off. Can you hear it boot into Windows?

italy2010
02-25-11, 02:35 AM
What is the solution now, what is working now??????????????????????

nekrosoft13
02-25-11, 10:14 AM
I have hard time understanding your post.

do you write in Italian and run it by google translator?

mullet
02-25-11, 10:34 AM
That PSU is a piece of junk, unplug all of the HDD except the one for the main OS.

grey_1
02-25-11, 11:09 AM
That PSU is a piece of junk, unplug all of the HDD except the one for the main OS.

+1

Also make sure your friend is using the PCIe leads from the power supply and not an adapter to a molex connector.

italy2010
02-25-11, 11:20 AM
thankz mullet my friend tried to unplug the two hdd and he put one just the SSD 4 os no thing changed i mean the problem is still.:(

italy2010
02-25-11, 11:30 AM
thankz grey_1 my friend using the PCIe leads from the power supply and h did not use the molex connector i say no thing is changed just he formated the ssd as usually & he instaled the os but he see this problem he did not do any changed to the hardware of his pc his pc i old & he did not buy it now it is from past time ag.:(

mullet
02-25-11, 11:33 AM
The reviews on that PSU at best is a 500watt. Now I am assuming that the CPU is not overclocked at all, if it is he needs to set the BIOS to the default level so that speedstep is enabled so the CPU can throttle down and conserve on power. Now that we have come close to ruling out the PSU lets focus on the video card. If the the card will boot into windows with the mini driver loaded from windows by default and seems to load fine then we are half way there. If you load the driver from Nvidia's website for the proper OS that is if you have a x32 or x64 OS and then restart and still get a black screen then I may suggest you try a different another card.

grey_1
02-25-11, 12:44 PM
I think it's worth it to try another card too.

jcrox
02-25-11, 07:46 PM
Regardless of the wattage of the PSU I don't think it has anywhere near enough amps for that set up. Your friend should replace that piece of junk immediately.

mullet
02-27-11, 11:26 AM
Fixed?

italy2010
03-01-11, 08:44 AM
sorry mullet no thing fixed we try many many thing he pull up the card and he put another card in his system he put GTX295 and the problem go away and the system work good with this card and the problem disapper. and he put the old card mean the card GTX480 in another system another setup anoother pc and the prblem was apper in another system that mean the card he have the problem so we update the bios of vga card GTX480 we try two version of updates but the problem still mean pc work good without driver we can see the desktop or any thing just when we instaling driver we got black screen or frezing pc?
so what we can do now?
i know some thing if the card is idle that mean we canot see any thing is it right?
so wher is the problem?????????????????????????????????????????:( :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

mullet
03-01-11, 09:51 AM
He needs to RMA the 480.

italy2010
03-01-11, 12:16 PM
sorry mullet i canot understand what u mean RMA GTX 480?
What u mean RMA ?:(

Bman212121
03-01-11, 12:21 PM
Return Merchandise Authorization. What it means is you fill out a form with the maker of the graphics card and they will take your broken card and replace it with a working one. So goto ZOTAC's website and get an RMA form and fill out the information. Then they will have you package the card up and ship the bad card to them. They will send you another card that has been fixed in return.

You might have to e-mail or call them first and explain what's going on.

http://www.zotac.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=430&Itemid=100030&lang=it

mullet
03-01-11, 12:42 PM
Thanks Bman.