PDA

View Full Version : The new and improved UT2003 thread!

Pages : [1] 2 3

SnakeEyes
07-28-02, 12:21 AM
We have one for Morrowwind, and now there's one for all the new stuff about UT2003. Anyone seen the new video, where they discuss the adrenalin capsules and stuff?

Matthyahuw
07-28-02, 01:51 AM
Been playing the UT2003 beta (927).
Not bad the AI could have been better, especially in that ballgame (had NO backup, never scored).
Graphics look awesome, but slowed down REAL bad when it got busy. Even at 1024x768 1.6GHz Athlon & OC'd GF3...disapointing...

Cereal-Killer
07-28-02, 02:13 AM
This could be old news, but here (http://www.gibme.com/pressemelding.asp?id=46) are some actually good looking screenshots...

SavagePaladin
07-28-02, 02:18 AM
the UT2003 beta at 927 is pretty much crap. Thats why they didn't want these leaked in the first place.
Its pretty, and its playable, but its not very good.
(Probably not even that pretty, though thats just me talkin)

DIMA
07-28-02, 05:41 AM
Originally posted by SavagePaladin
the UT2003 beta at 927 is pretty much crap. Thats why they didn't want these leaked in the first place.
Its pretty, and its playable, but its not very good.
(Probably not even that pretty, though thats just me talkin)

I assume you're talking about the previously leaked demo that was lacking tons of features and was basically non playable, not that 927 build, which contains most of the features of the full game, minus some optimizations here and there :D

SavagePaladin
07-28-02, 12:46 PM
Why don't you ask the developers on that, I'm sure they'd shoot you down. :rolleyes:

PCarr78
07-28-02, 01:08 PM
I've played with 3 versions of ut2003

The alpha, from e3 all those years ago.

The leaked beta from 6-7 months ago

and the latest one that was leaked. 927? dunno.

the alpha had nothing but boobariffic models to take screenshots of.

It was also funny how the "GeForce3 only" flamethrower effect was just fine on my GF2. Talk about LAME.

The leaked beta sucked. Some so/so graphical effects. some nice lighting. But EVERYTHING was missing. and the AI was really really bad... also very slow. The music was all there tho.

The latest beta has lots of stuff, but it's not really that good.

The gameplay is tired... it's actually boring. And it doesnt look that pretty. It's reasonably fast though...

blah

not impressed.

DIMA
07-28-02, 01:17 PM
Originally posted by [Corporal Dan]
I've played with 3 versions of ut2003

The alpha, from e3 all those years ago.

The leaked beta from 6-7 months ago

and the latest one that was leaked. 927? dunno.

the alpha had nothing but boobariffic models to take screenshots of.

It was also funny how the "GeForce3 only" flamethrower effect was just fine on my GF2. Talk about LAME.

The leaked beta sucked. Some so/so graphical effects. some nice lighting. But EVERYTHING was missing. and the AI was really really bad... also very slow. The music was all there tho.

The latest beta has lots of stuff, but it's not really that good.

The gameplay is tired... it's actually boring. And it doesnt look that pretty. It's reasonably fast though...

blah

not impressed.

Actually, the first alpha you're talking about is Unreal II Alpha that was optimized for GeForce III and was leaked after E3.

|JuiceZ|
07-28-02, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by DIMA

Actually, the first alpha you're talking about is Unreal II Alpha that was optimized for GeForce III and was leaked after E3.

yea I was trying to figure out which leak I missed :p

Anyways, I'm still looking towards the *official* release this fall. I'm just wondering how it'll affect the release of u2 if they keep delaying ut2k3? Wasn't the original reason they were trying to get ut2k3 out early in the summer was to offset the release of u2 in the fall?

PCarr78
07-28-02, 04:38 PM
Most prolly

actually, i think they want more $$$$$$

vampireuk
07-28-02, 04:54 PM
I think I'll get a new computer before I try it out.....the one I've got now would throw itself out the window rather than attempt it:( :D

PCarr78
07-28-02, 05:21 PM
I'm waiting for hammer

and for the money needed to buy it :(

SavagePaladin
07-28-02, 06:17 PM
the UT2 release date has never been officially stated, which is why they never officially changed it.
They did suspect it'd be out earlier than U2 by far, maybe it will still beat it by a few months, but I don't see 'by far' anymore

PCarr78
07-28-02, 06:20 PM
hey, savagepaladin, are you Kaerf?

SavagePaladin
07-28-02, 06:22 PM
yes....yes I am

PCarr78
07-28-02, 06:29 PM
LOL

where is that from

Matthyahuw
07-28-02, 06:45 PM
hey, savagepaladin, are you Kaerf? yeah, I remember the avatar, but I don't think that smile is very savage-like...hehe

SnakeEyes
07-28-02, 08:58 PM
I honestly have to say that the 927 leak is pretty good. There's glitches here and there, which, if you keep in mind that it's a leak, and is several months older than what they're working with even now, is fairly impressive. I can imagine how much more improved the final will be (if they ever get around to releasing it:rolleyes: ).

SavagePaladin
07-28-02, 09:26 PM
LOL

where is that from
joo mean my old pictshore?
http://www.weyrmount.org/public/photogallery/images/craig1.JPG

de><ta
07-29-02, 12:41 PM
The game from what i heard is coming out on dvd (not normal cd) cause it is so freakin big.

Tat's all i know. I have the leak its around 900+mb's but the damn thing keeps doing mega kamehamehaaa mem dumps on my computer every time i run it.:D

Oh doom3, they are starting beta testing, public in another 2 or 3 months... public as in a private public kinda way. Like ut2003 was supposed to be public-private:D

SavagePaladin
07-29-02, 08:27 PM
I WISH games would come out on DVD. sigh
___
REAL games, thanks

PCarr78
07-29-02, 08:44 PM
They were supposed to be mainstream by now. I remember a few DVD games being released, but they were special order only and most sucked.

BG1
Freespace2 (awesome. non-compressed cinematics!)
xfiles (crap!)
Loony Bin (CRAP!)
Virtua Pool (or some other pool game)

|JuiceZ|
07-29-02, 08:59 PM
Originally posted by SavagePaladin
I WISH games would come out on DVD. sigh
___
REAL games, thanks

while dvd's are popular I don't think they're quite a standard like cdrom drives are. I do like the approach Blizzard is doin' though, by taking advantage of the dvd platform and putting hi-res cinematics on it in their premium vers of Warcraft III, although there's no frickin' way yer gonna catch JuiceZ payin' $70 for a game though ;)

PCarr78
07-29-02, 09:14 PM
You DO mean US dollars, right?

Thats what the average game costs in Canadian dollars

StealthHawk
07-29-02, 10:22 PM
the regular standard WC3 game costs $60 a copy :( ridiculous, Blizzard won't be getting even $50 from me for a single game. i won't ever pay that much for a PC game.

brings back memories of what rip offs SNES games were with their high prices.

DVD drives are pretty darn standard in computers built by major oems. it's just the el cheapos who don't have dvdroms