PDA

View Full Version : Tribes: Ascend

JohnDio
03-11-11, 12:08 PM
Woooooooohoo. Great news for those of us that have been waiting for a sequel to Tribes :D

Hi-Rez Studios announces Tribes: Ascend + Debut Trailer (http://www.dasreviews.com/das-game-news/hi-rez-studios-announces-tribes-ascend/)

We know that lots of people were waiting patiently for a new Tribes game. Hi-Rez Studios released an announcement trailer for Tribes: Ascend, proclaiming the return of the sci-fi, online multi-player shooter franchise Tribes.

The Tribes collection of games have been played by well over 1 million people.
Tribes: Ascend, developed using the Unreal 3 engine, is being positioned as the multi-player successor to the much lauded Tribes 2 and a re-introduction of the franchise to the gaming world.

Hi-Rez Studios acquired Tribes in October, 2010 and revealed plans to develop a massive scale, persistent world shooter called Tribes Universe. Today’s announcement confirms that long-term franchise strategy, but Hi-Rez has chosen to first deliver the single-purchase, digital download Tribes: Ascend this calendar year.

“Before Halo, before Modern Warfare, and before Battlefield, there was Tribes.”, says Todd Harris, Hi-Rez Studios COO. “Tribes fans appreciate the game’s essence - athletic FPS combat combined with teamwork and strategy. As we began development of Tribes Universe, we focused first on capturing that essence – refining and modernizing iconic elements like jetpacks, skiing, and vehicles. We’ve had tremendous fun play-testing and realized the potential of a multiplayer focused title ahead of Tribes Universe. The community has been waiting for a multi-player shooter that is the modern successor to T2. Tribes: Ascend is that game.”

Tribes: Ascend is targeted for release in late 2011 as a digital download on Windows PC and the Xbox 360. Additional platforms are currently under consideration as well.

|MaguS|
03-11-11, 12:48 PM
Not excited at all... why are they following up with Tribes 2, make it more like Tribes 1. I don't trust them to be able to make a a good Tribes games, I mean they made Global Agenda...

Euphoria
03-11-11, 02:01 PM
Yep Tribes 1 was way better than Tribes 2....

HiCZoK4
03-11-11, 03:13 PM
I hope it will have sp as Tribes vengeance had. Vengeance was one of best fps I played back then.

|MaguS|
03-11-11, 03:56 PM
I hope it will have sp as Tribes vengeance had. Vengeance was one of best fps I played back then.

Then you are an idiot. Tribes:V was horrible on all parts.

HiCZoK4
03-12-11, 03:12 AM
So I am an idiot becouse I liked the game and You didnt? So maybe You are an idiot, becouse off all I know,it had good reviews and My friends also liked it, So You are in the smaller haters group :bleh:

Mr. Hunt
03-12-11, 03:33 AM
I never understood the hype around Tribes. I played 1 and 2 and was never entertained :\.

K007
03-12-11, 03:44 AM
lol crysis style intro

TMWEcHXFF40

never got into the tribes series....

robertjain19184
03-12-11, 04:02 AM
Great thread.

JohnEJohn
03-12-11, 04:54 AM
Give me a tribes 1 remake with the renegades mod and proper skiing.

Best...game....Ever!

Please none of the tribes 2 crap, it felt so sluggish in comparison :thumbdwn:

|MaguS|
03-12-11, 10:02 AM
So I am an idiot becouse I liked the game and You didnt? So maybe You are an idiot, becouse off all I know,it had good reviews and My friends also liked it, So You are in the smaller haters group :bleh:

No Tribes fan liked Tribes:V. It felt more UT then Tribes. It felt slow and clunky vs how Tribes felt. The MP portion (which is the reason to play tribes) was just bad as well.

I still to this day have Tribes 1 installed.

HiCZoK4
03-12-11, 11:02 AM
I never played Other Tribes than vengeance so ....

|MaguS|
03-12-11, 11:26 AM

You wouldn't know anything about the series then.

snowmanwithahat
03-14-11, 04:09 PM

Same... but I loved it. So much fun the way it was set up.

To the comment about it being "more like UT than anything in the tribes series" .... maybe that's a good thing? UT kind of was the god of multiplayer, deathmatch style FPS games next to Quake III Arena.

CaptnStubing
03-14-11, 05:42 PM
Then you are an idiot. Tribes:V was horrible on all parts.

Why would you say that? So he likes it, what is it to you? I liked Tribes 2 better than Tribes. Big friking deal. It is mentalities like this why I don't like gamers. To get upset at such a subjective topic is insane.

|MaguS|
03-14-11, 05:59 PM
Why would you say that? So he likes it, what is it to you? I liked Tribes 2 better than Tribes. Big friking deal. It is mentalities like this why I don't like gamers. To get upset at such a subjective topic is insane.

Tribes 2 was better then Veng but man it sucked compared to the original.

CaptnStubing
03-14-11, 06:51 PM
Tribes 2 was better then Veng but man it sucked compared to the original.

I had a lot of fun with Tribes 2. I wouldn't say it was a better game than Tribes. It sure had a lot of bugs and lag issues. I just had a blast playing it with my friends.

|MaguS|
03-14-11, 07:15 PM
I had a lot of fun with Tribes 2. I wouldn't say it was a better game than Tribes. It sure had a lot of bugs and lag issues. I just had a blast playing it with my friends.

I still remember how horrible launch was for that game. It was unplayable out of the box. You can still play the game with TribesNext I should reinstall the game... I have the original currently installed.

knghtwhosaysni
11-15-11, 02:24 PM
If you're in the US, you can get a beta key from here (http://www.curse.com/betas/tribes)

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/6622/tribesascend20111115113.png
http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/6622/tribesascend20111115113.png

Snake101st
11-15-11, 06:27 PM
Sweet, thanks!

|MaguS|
11-15-11, 07:10 PM
God that looks awful, I see nothing that looks like tribes there.

jeffmd
11-16-11, 05:21 PM
I have zero problems with tribes 2 on launch.. and thought of it as a great sequel to the first. I thought of it as just bigger and badder in all ways. Course I was a 3dfx user at the time, if you relied on d3d then your life was a bit worse, with major performance issues and glitches.

Tribes 1/2 is pretty much if UO and team fortress had kids. Kids..with jet packs. The game offered many different weapon types, restricting some to the armor type you were wearig. The jet packs made the game, and the game made every bit of use out of them. Maps would have many mountains and hills, bases would be on top of said peaks or suspended high in the air. You had a radar and motion sensing systems you had to maintain, and destructable generators to power your systems defenses as well as inventory stations. it was all so glorious!

grabbing that beta now!

jeffmd
11-16-11, 05:24 PM
God that looks awful, I see nothing that looks like tribes there.

Quoted from the person who preferred the original over the second. I don't think you would be happy unless it looked like minecraft.

|MaguS|
11-16-11, 05:39 PM
Quoted from the person who preferred the original over the second. I don't think you would be happy unless it looked like minecraft.

My comment had nothing to do with the graphics. As for Tribes 2 vs Tribes 1, the original was a better game hands down. There are still more people playing the original to this day.

As for Tribes 2 release, it was well known that they had major issues upon release. They had multiple patches relatively quick after the game hit shelves.