PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Brotherhood PC - This is how you do a port!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Peoples-Agent
03-17-11, 10:18 AM
Alot of us whine about console ports and what not, but Assassin's Creed Brotherhood has set a new standard in my opinion.

Created a profile, used nVidia inspector to enable SLI in it.

Turned the AA upto x8 ,game running at 120-180fps now, the scaling is incredible in this.

What an amazing port.

Took a screenshot before when I was only running it with x4 AA and no SLI, still getting a minimum of 65fps during fighting, all the way into the 100s. Astounding.

http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/9540/brotherhood1m.jpg

mailman2
03-17-11, 11:18 AM
I agree, less pop in textures (AC2) too. Looks amazing, runs amazing... love these AC games!!

Peoples-Agent
03-17-11, 11:27 AM
Tried it in 3D, woooow. Looks great, just a few shadows that don't look right. Can't wait for nVidia to release a true profile for it.

Mangler
03-17-11, 11:32 AM
Tried it in 3D, woooow. Looks great, just a few shadows that don't look right. Can't wait for nVidia to release a true profile for it.

Imo, it should already have a profile, since it's 3d ready, but nvidia has been slow lately when it comes to that.

Bman212121
03-17-11, 12:13 PM
First thing I notice is the gamepad controls... How are the controls with a KB and mouse?

Peoples-Agent
03-17-11, 12:19 PM
Imo, it should already have a profile, since it's 3d ready, but nvidia has been slow lately when it comes to that.

Nah, there isn't even an SLI profile in the latest beta drivers.

mailman2
03-17-11, 12:36 PM
First thing I notice is the gamepad controls... How are the controls with a KB and mouse?

never even try with a gamepad. Works great for me with m/k but so did AC2.

Logical
03-17-11, 01:26 PM
DX9 only ??

Peoples-Agent
03-17-11, 02:07 PM
Indeed. I played all AC on PC with KB & Mouse. Works great.
Played the first one on 360 with a pad and that was ok as well though.

Peoples-Agent, did you use the AC2 SLI profile (HEX value)?

Yeah, that's the one. Tons of other games appear to use it too. Dragon Age Origins, Homefront etc

Peoples-Agent
03-17-11, 02:59 PM
Ok thanks.

Well, the Steam release just got pushed back another day. I won't be able to play this with SLI and in Surround for the next month. By then nV will have a profile anyway ;)

I'm betting the 22nd March drivers will have one to coincide with the 590 launch.

mojoman0
03-17-11, 03:12 PM
nice screenshot but I think I'll pass on this as well as AC2. I still feel burned out after forcing myself to beat AC1, the most boring game of all time

Mangler
03-17-11, 03:32 PM
nice screenshot but I think I'll pass on this as well as AC2. I still feel burned out after forcing myself to beat AC1, the most boring game of all time

It's your loss, ac2 and this standalone expansions are much better games than the flawed ac1.

tornadog
03-17-11, 06:47 PM
does somebody want to trade my pc copy for their 360 copy. I cant get the game to work properly with mouse+kb.

Destroy
03-17-11, 07:10 PM
does somebody want to trade my pc copy for their 360 copy. I cant get the game to work properly with mouse+kb.

They f'ed up with the lame mouse acceleration again. How can you not get the default controls to work properly for the respective platform? Do they do this on purpose or something?

mailman2
03-17-11, 07:57 PM

what doesnt work properly? Works fine here.

wysiwyg
03-17-11, 08:00 PM
AC2 was a masterpeice

AC B won action game of the year at the BAFTA's

i receive my copy from amazon tomorrow. looking forward to it!

JasonPC
03-17-11, 08:08 PM
Good to hear performance is good in this one. AC2's framerate seemed to not increase no matter how good your hardware was.

crainger
03-18-11, 01:46 AM
Awesome thread and awesome news. I came to AC2 late after being a little bummed with AC1, when I finally played AC2 earlier this year I was blown away. Loved it. I completed all quests and finished with a 100% save. I never do that, not even with GTA games. Was a little annoyed with the frame cap, but I got used to it. Wasn't as bad as The Force Unleashed.

I'm glad this is a good port, I was hoping to play today, but Steam bumped the release back to the 19th (I imagine it will keep going back until the 23rd ::(: ) I could trick it with a proxy, but I can wait. Finish DA2 first.

newparad1gm
03-18-11, 10:26 AM
I'm hoping this releases with Eyefinity/Surround multimonitor capability. AC2 required a patch to get the game to run at those resolutions. The cityscapes of AC2 were pretty breathtaking in Surround.

Got the "Digital Deluxe" version on Steam. Some DLC just came out for the console versions. Will Ubisoft throw us a bone here like in AC2 and include them for free on the PC version?

Mangler
03-18-11, 04:36 PM
I'm hoping this releases with Eyefinity/Surround multimonitor capability. AC2 required a patch to get the game to run at those resolutions. The cityscapes of AC2 were pretty breathtaking in Surround.

Got the "Digital Deluxe" version on Steam. Some DLC just came out for the console versions. Will Ubisoft throw us a bone here like in AC2 and include them for free on the PC version?

The da vinci disappearance is included in the pc version.

Eyefinity support is also in the game from the start.

crainger
03-18-11, 06:03 PM
::(: No! Why?

I'm installing now. It's days like this that I wish it was pre loaded. Steam is slow for me this morning.

FastRedPonyCar
03-18-11, 06:53 PM
I played AC2 for about 10 minutes and got bored. :/

does it take a while to get good? It's one of those that I bought after all the hype but it didn't instantly suck me in so I immediately kicked it to the curb in favor of other games. Hell.... I've got more games that I havne't played sitting in steam than I know what to do with. :(

mojoman0
03-18-11, 07:05 PM
the problem i had is you just hold two buttons and any direction you want and you basically traverse the whole city to anywhere you want. It was mindless. Apparently this is more interesting tho

K007
03-18-11, 07:38 PM
so is brotherhood an expansion?

HiCZoK4
03-18-11, 07:57 PM
so is brotherhood an expansion?

No. Its full standalone game, even longer than AC2. They just did not nemed it AC3 becouse it doesnt fulfill the story so much. But its Best AC so far(If You like that Rome theme that is)