PDA

View Full Version : Monday Night Combat.

ATOJAR
03-17-11, 07:36 PM
http://nerdiest-kids.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/mnc.jpg

FREE WEEKEND! Play the full game for free until Sunday! Visit Steam to download and start playing. Must have Steam installed.

About the Game
Monday Night Combat is a class-based, third-person shooter… and the most popular lethal sport of the future! It blends intense combat, finishing moves, and gameshow-like challenges and rewards to produce an action experience unlike any other. Why fight for “honor” or “duty” when you can fight for the real American dream: cash, fame and endorsements?

Key Features:
Co-op
Blitz mode allow players to defend their Money Ball against armies of robots by themselves or four player co-op over Steam. During various Blitz challenges, players can spend money earned by destroying bots to build defensive turrets around the Moneyball, upgrade one of six unique character classes, or set off robot crushing environment hazards. The Challenges vary from a ten round Exhibition Blitz to endless robot waves of ever increasing difficulty in Super Sudden Death Blitz. Money earned from each Challenge goes into a persistent Lifetime Earnings that allows players to unlock over 370 ProTags, create custom classes, and get ranked on Leaderboards.

Competitive Multiplayer
Crossfire mode pits teams of players against each other over Steam. Each team is supported by an endless stream of robots fighting on their behalf; overwhelming your opponent’s stream, upgrading your Pros, and base defenses will be the key to your success!

Customizable Characters
Each Pro caters to their unique style of play and comes with their own set of upgradeable skills. Customize those skills and abilities even further with a variety of unlockable products in the Custom Class feature.

Persistent Stats
Every game of Monday Night Combat earns the player money that goes towards their Lifetime Earnings. Lifetime Earnings can be spent on unlocking custom classes and buying earned ProTags. How much Lifetime Earnings you have also determines what level you are. Monday Night Combat keeps a large set of persistent statistics for all aspects of gameplay. MNC features over 370 ‘ProTags’ which are customizable tags you can show off to other players and friends.

Dedicated Servers
Host multiple instances of MNC dedicated servers. Full stand alone client coming soon.

Editor support (Coming Soon)

Download it now via steam, Play for free untill Sunday 1pm PST.

nutcrackr
03-18-11, 10:36 PM
Seems pretty fun, like tower defense mixed with mp combat. Funny at times but you always feel like you are doing something because there are bots everywhere.

Don't really like the cloaked units though, Instant kill from behind seems really cheap. In the end I was just shooting at the air because of the damn cloaked units running around. Trying to spot them, I'd probably buy if it didn't have those classes.

knghtwhosaysni
03-18-11, 10:54 PM
Yeah I somehow got into a game where assassins were not allowed... liked it much better. Apparently they can't grapple you if you're in the air tho, so jumping regularly may help. And they are supposed to give off a humming noise, but I've never noticed it before they kill me.

ATOJAR
03-19-11, 07:46 PM
Has anybody found a way so force some AA?

|MaguS|
03-20-11, 08:17 AM
Didn't like e game. Felt slow for an arena based game.even the soldiers charge move felt like it should have been quicker.

MUYA
03-20-11, 09:25 PM
bleh..tried on steam and was like meh! The MOOYA no likey this....

Kaguya
03-21-11, 02:05 PM
Has anybody found a way so force some AA?

In nVidia Inspector I think I copied the UT3 profile or some other game that uses a DX10 capable version of the UT3 engine. I'll try to remember to look when I get home (assuming you bought the game and still need this :) ).

ATOJAR
03-21-11, 02:35 PM
In nVidia Inspector I think I copied the UT3 profile or some other game that uses a DX10 capable version of the UT3 engine. I'll try to remember to look when I get home (assuming you bought the game and still need this :) ).

That would be great, Thanks. :)

knghtwhosaysni
03-21-11, 03:18 PM
i just looked at the ut3 profile and copied the antialising compatibity field into my new mnc profile. 0x000100C5 http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/3680/mnc.png
This is on xp tho, I dunno if the value is different on windows 7.

ATOJAR
03-21-11, 03:21 PM
i just looked at the ut3 profile and copied the antialising compatibity field into my new mnc profile. 0x000100C5 http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/3680/mnc.png (http://img27.imageshack.us/i/mnc.png/)

Uploaded with ImageShack.us (http://imageshack.us)
This is on xp tho, I dunno if the value is different on windows 7.

Ill try that, Tanks.

ATOJAR
03-21-11, 03:31 PM
Wow, Just tried that ... Works a treat! ... Thanks man. :)

ATOJAR
03-21-11, 04:21 PM
Turning on anti-aliasing makes some HUD and interface elements disappear. For example, you won't be able to see the info for the player who killed you, and you won't be able to see gear selection while picking classes. There may be more that I'm not aware of.

This is true, I hadn't noticed until i read this but its true.