PDA

View Full Version : NASCAR Racing 2003 Season Demo

Kain
08-07-03, 04:55 PM
I just downloaded this. However, when I drive, the car drifts to the left all the time. Why is this? I am using my keyboard for control.

jAkUp
08-07-03, 06:03 PM
its supposed to be like that nascar cars drift to the left since they are only supposed to turn left:)

Kain
08-07-03, 06:15 PM
Oh! :p

But, in the NASCAR Racing 2002 Season Demo, this didn't happen.

CaptNKILL
08-08-03, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by Kain
Oh! :p

But, in the NASCAR Racing 2002 Season Demo, this didn't happen.
Its probably because you are on the banking. Gravity pulls you down, which is to your left when you are driving on the banking :p

This game is awesome. Papyrus made a horrible decision to drop the Nascar Racing series. EA Nascar games will never EVER be anywhere near as good as Papyrus games. EA Games= jokes, Papyrus Nascar Racing= simulations.

Heck, Nascar Racing from 1994 may not have the graphics that EA's newest Nascar game has but im sure the physics are more realistic and it has more features.

Anyone know why Papy dropped Nascar????

jAkUp
08-08-03, 12:31 AM
they were having financial problems.. probably partly because ea was stealing some of there fame.. even if it is a sucky game compared to papy's

Kain
08-08-03, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by CaptNKILL
Its probably because you are on the banking. Gravity pulls you down, which is to your left when you are driving on the banking :p

This game is awesome. Papyrus made a horrible decision to drop the Nascar Racing series. EA Nascar games will never EVER be anywhere near as good as Papyrus games. EA Games= jokes, Papyrus Nascar Racing= simulations.

Heck, Nascar Racing from 1994 may not have the graphics that EA's newest Nascar game has but im sure the physics are more realistic and it has more features.

Anyone know why Papy dropped Nascar???? This occurs even on a straight road.

By the way, I asked this on the NASCAR forums and they say it is normal as the cars are like that.

gmontem
08-08-03, 03:14 AM
This occurs even on a straight road.

By the way, I asked this on the NASCAR forums and they say it is normal as the cars are like that.
Are you using the "fast" car setup? If so, use the easy one. ;) AFAIK NASCARs raced in the speedways are designed so that they have a tendency to steer left. This makes them faster in the turns. For that you'll have to counter steer when driving straights.

Go buy the full game if you like it. I even enjoyed watching the tutorials offered in the full version and learned some things NASCAR racers had to deal with, like drafting. :)

B&R
08-08-03, 01:30 PM
I just downloaded this. However, when I drive, the car drifts to the left all the time. Why is this? I am using my keyboard for control.

where did u download it from??

Kain
08-08-03, 02:58 PM
www.gamespot.com

Red Dog
08-10-03, 12:45 PM
track banking, suspension geometry, tire stagger.

The pull to the left is normal, but It can be tuned out to a great extent by altering your cars setup.

n2k3 is an awesome sim, but to really enjoy it you must get a good wheel and race some human beings online.

racing with 32 people is one of multiplayers great adrenaline rushes. You want to win so you push your car to the edge of control, but your not alone. The other drives are doing the same.

You want to win, but you dont want to take anyone out.

You are riding the knifes edge and your adrenaline will pump till your body shakes.

lead a race and you forget to breath sometimes, especially the last 3 laps.

I highly reccomend the logitech "Momo Force" ffb wheel. I truly cant say enough good about this wheel, improve your lap times.

It features a steel steering shaft and bearings, making it ultra smooth and precise. The "momo force" is red in color, not to be confused with the black "momo racing".

AthlonXP.coms comparison review of the 2 momo wheels feature dissassembly photos and it is written by a n2k3 racer.

http://www.athlonxp.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=Diner_Wrapper&file=index&req=ShowFile&file_wrap=html/reviews_momo_wheels.html

the best price I have seen is $114.00 at newegg, at introduction these wheels retailed at $299.00

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewproduct.asp?DEPA=&submit=Go&description=momo+force

Red Dog
08-10-03, 12:58 PM
another cool aspect of n2k3 is the custom car paints.

you can paint a car texture as large as 1024x1024 and import it into the sim. 1024 cars look flat out awesome.

there are several online car database's where 2k3 racers store their paints for public download. Ive dled the custom paint of nearly 1300 drivers so I can see them in race.

Sim race car is the pre-eminate site, http://www.simracecar.com/

Kain
08-10-03, 02:36 PM
Thanks.

What things do I need to change to "cancel" the left pull?

Red Dog
08-10-03, 02:54 PM
play with camber and wedge.

download some setups from the net and see what u like best.

LiquidX
08-11-03, 09:32 AM
NASCAR Racing 2003 Season Demo is cool but you guys should also try the Toca Race Driver Demo very cool game to bad you cant find it anywhere.:(

Red Dog
08-11-03, 05:12 PM
http://www.racer.nl/

I havent downloaded this yet but it looks very cool.

like anything free the price is right.

aww hell, im off to dl this now. the screenies look too nice to ignore. had the link in my favorites for a long time.

CaptNKILL
08-11-03, 07:32 PM
I played that "racer" game a while ago and it was pretty bad. Doesnt look half that good in the game.
Maybe it has improved by now tho, since it is sort of a freeware\beta type thing.

Kain
08-13-03, 06:16 AM
I just downloaded "Racer." It is...well...ummm...okay for a freeware type thing.