PDA

View Full Version : Nvidia Gigabit Ethernet and Windows 2008 server

dclemen
04-05-11, 11:44 AM
Hi I have a Server with a Asus M4N78 Pro motherboard. This have a nforce Chipset, GeForce 8300. This server have a Windows 2008 server OS, and there is not driver for network card. I use Windows 7 driver, but do not works fine. Network work, but when transfer, usually works 10kB/s. Is with a 10/100 router and even with a 10/100/1000 router. Try with different cables, all category 6, or 5. Also, it usually loose some pings, but not a lot of. Sometimes after reboot, network stop working, and I have to move to server and delete network adapter and set all again.

Now we have to connect a Realtek PCI card, and we are working with this.

If there any Windows 2008 server driver, or there any way to solve my problems?

thanks

nekrosoft13
04-05-11, 01:17 PM
Server 2008 = Vista code
Server 2008 R2 = Windows 7 code

If you have Server 2008 try vista driver, then remember that vista did have network issues. Search online there are registry tweaks thaat can help to improve performance.

Bman212121
04-05-11, 03:34 PM
Hi I have a Server with a Asus M4N78 Pro motherboard. This have a nforce Chipset, GeForce 8300. This server have a Windows 2008 server OS, and there is not driver for network card. I use Windows 7 driver, but do not works fine. Network work, but when transfer, usually works 10kB/s. Is with a 10/100 router and even with a 10/100/1000 router. Try with different cables, all category 6, or 5. Also, it usually loose some pings, but not a lot of. Sometimes after reboot, network stop working, and I have to move to server and delete network adapter and set all again.

Now we have to connect a Realtek PCI card, and we are working with this.

If there any Windows 2008 server driver, or there any way to solve my problems?

thanks

How much RAM did you put into the motherboard? I had a really odd issue where if I populated all 4 slots on an older AMD Rig it was giving nothing but problems with the network. This shouldn't affect an AM2 platform but it might be worth a try. If you right click on computer, choose manage. Then look in the event view under system. If you see pages of errors all coming from the NIC, then it could be something like that.