PDA

View Full Version : Very Urget Question Please Read And Help Me Regarding Geforce Fx 5900 Ultra

seizetheday4eva
08-08-03, 10:35 AM
I have the Creative Geforce FX 256mb 5900 Ultra version which is the reference design board. I think that I might be getting that flickering problem too? When I'm in Vietcong and I look up at the sky I see a flicker, first I checked what hz refresh rate I had my Sony 24" monitor at and it was 65hz so I thought oh that is the reason why so I changed it to 85hz. Now I don't really notice any flickering but people are saying that it happen a lot more in some games then others.

I can still return my Creative card so do you think I should for the Asus one. The Asus one does look a lot better having a blue PCB board and cooper heat sinks with two fans.

Also what are cards are better for cooling the reference design with just one large fan or the non reference designs such as Asus's card with two fans?

What would you do if you were me?

Maverickman
08-08-03, 10:58 AM
If your Creative card is working well, I wouldn't bother changing it.
It's totally up to you. You may not want to take a chance with another card.

letsel
08-08-03, 11:19 AM
Well, if ur gonna change it i would get a BFG one, i hear the dont suffer from the flickering prob.

ronin_razors
08-08-03, 06:20 PM
which driver are you using?

Rytr
08-08-03, 08:59 PM
I have been testing the Creative card for about a week now and and have not noticed or been able to envoke the flickering problem. I have tried different clock combinations, some very high ones, and have yet to notice the problem. For the next few weeks I will be stressing this card and I will keep a close eye out for any of the flickering, rolling lines, or any other issues with the card.

Drivers I have used include 44.03, 44.04, 44.61, 44.67, 44.71, and 45.23. All have been very stable. I have not tried the 44.90's (can anyone give me a reason why I should?). The 44.61's and 44.71's have shown the best performance overall with this card in initial testing.

seizetheday4eva

This is the first FX5900U I have used and the number one thing I can say is that it is very fast. I would be very hesitent to exchange it for any of the other 5900U cards, even the Asus which is the only one I know of at the present that is not strictly using the reference design. Of course if you are experiencing the flickering and it is bothering you then by all means exchange it. Just my 2 cents. :D