PDA

View Full Version : New High Current Antec Power Supplies

AngelGraves13
04-13-11, 04:33 AM
http://www.antec.com/Believe_it/product.php?id=MjQ2OA==

Antec's HCP-1200 unifies raw power with advanced PSU engineering to meet the demands of high performing PCs. A full-featured, 80 PLUS® Gold-certified unit, HCP-1200 is capable of outputting 99 percent of its rated power on its eight +12V rails, which contain high maximum loads to ensure graphics card compatibility. Exclusive to the High Current series, HCP-1200 boasts High Current heavy-gauge 16 AWG wiring that reduces conducted resistance, increasing efficiency and improving power delivery. In addition, a cool-running dual double-layer PCB and onboard DC to DC converters provide substantial voltage stability. To experience kilowatt-class power in an unmatched design, pick up Antec's HCP-1200.

That looks sweet!

That'll be in my next rig.

MUYA
04-13-11, 05:40 AM
One thing about Antec PSU's well the one I have is that they use a fan thats fricking loudddddd! Hope with the new ones they have sorted that out

Airbrushkid
04-13-11, 07:08 AM
Never notice the fan of the power suppy over the fans of the video cards going up and down. I have 6 Antec's 350, 400, 500, 650, 1000 and a 1200. The 500 and the 1000 where rma'ed and after that never a problem. I like the them. That new high power 1200 has 8 rails where as my TPQ-1200 has 6 rails. More video cards that's all.

AngelGraves13
04-13-11, 03:50 PM
Antec power supplies aren't very loud. Sure they make some noise, but everything does.

Madpistol
04-13-11, 09:23 PM
After I've used a Corsair PSU, I realize that a good PSU can be virtually silent. The fan does not have to wail for it to cool the PSU efficiently.

As long as Antec PSU's are quiet and stable, that's fine by me. It's been 7-8 years since I purchased my last Antec PSU, and I'm sure their quality has improved vastly since then. :)

AngelGraves13
04-13-11, 09:32 PM
After I've used a Corsair PSU, I realize that a good PSU can be virtually silent. The fan does not have to wail for it to cool the PSU efficiently.

As long as Antec PSU's are quiet and stable, that's fine by me. It's been 7-8 years since I purchased my last Antec PSU, and I'm sure their quality has improved vastly since then. :)

It's between this Antec 1200W PSU or this Corsair one... http://www.corsair.com/power-supplies/modular-psus/professional-series-gold-2/ax1200.html

Professional Series™ Gold AX1200 — 80 PLUS® Gold Certified Fully-Modular Power Supply