PDA

View Full Version : Tired of Gaming

Pages : [1] 2 3

Retrolock
04-14-11, 02:33 AM
Ever felt that you got so tired of gaming? I'm at that point right now. New PC or console games just don't interest me anymore.

So do you have to motivate yourself now guys? Like how bob motivates pepis? (nana2)

Seriously, I just upgraded.

bob saget
04-14-11, 02:46 AM
Like most hobbies, you kindda go through cycles of interest and periods of not so much interest. Kindda like when doc doesn't respond to my txt messages one day, and the next day he is like an animal :bleh: find a game that gives you particular pleasure :bleh: for me, it's Hello Kitty with Cinematic Nude Mod 7.

Portal 2 should be a blast if you've got that one...

wysiwyg
04-14-11, 04:35 AM
yes, i bought a 50" plasma for BD films for times like these, and started sailing

at 35 years old i am not as addicted to games as i used to be a couple of years ago and go though phases of getting bored quickly. I have not played BC2 or BC vietnam for about 2 months now due to the boredom i feel playing that game

grey_1
04-14-11, 08:05 AM
Ever felt that you got so tired of gaming? I'm at that point right now. New PC or console games just don't interest me anymore.
So do you have to motivate yourself now guys? Like how bob motivates pepis? (nana2)

Seriously, I just upgraded.

I'm just rolling with it. Actually parting out my rig, a good deal of it's gone already. Granted it's mostly due to not having much spare time to game, but there's really nothing new interesting me lately.

I think DS2 is the only game I really enjoyed recently, Crysis 2, Portal 2, the new Batman coming out...I just don't seem to be interested.

Gimme a few months when things slow down this next winter though. I'll wind up building another rig and getting all these games for cheap. :)

Yaboze
04-14-11, 08:12 AM
I'm kinda bored of games right now myself, but I am enjoying Crysis 2, it really surprised me, it's really good (IMHO). Don't laugh.

For some reason I'm not that interested in Portal 2, I don't know why. I loved the first one. I am actually looking forward to Dungeon Siege 3.

K007
04-14-11, 08:20 AM
same boat...

and tbh most games that come out are just not that good as they used to be...and most are squeals that are worse that the first.

very boring atm for me.

Peoples-Agent
04-14-11, 08:24 AM
Games are just shoddy lately.

I suggest getting into games you wouldn't normally look at. Something like Shogun 2 will give you hours of entertainment.

mullet
04-14-11, 08:51 AM
Lets pray Brink is all they say it is. I have been gaming a long time and it's like a roller coaster ride. I have been though this cycle a lot.

Ninjaman09
04-14-11, 09:17 AM
I'm definitely bored of gaming at the moment. I'm enjoying stupid flash games more than multi-million dollar AAA titles these days. Spending $60 a game is getting tiring when they only last a couple of days and multiplayer is just getting dull now.

LurkerLito
04-14-11, 09:41 AM
It cyclic for me. I am really into games, movies, TV, books, or etc... usually only 1 or 2 at a time then as I get bored I move to another till I get interested in it again. For me Dragon Age 2 kind of put me off gaming at the moment. I was excited about portal 2 but I have been thinking about canceling the preorder lately.

Sean_W
04-14-11, 09:51 AM
Console ports dampened the excitement. I'd like to see more games that push the boundaries like Crysis did. but that's not going to happen thanks to consoles.

Q
04-14-11, 09:59 AM
Console ports dampened the excitement. I'd like to see more games that push the boundaries like Crysis did. but that's not going to happen thanks to consoles.

Yeah, but people were saying this when Far Cry was released. And when Crysis was released. And before that, probably when the Secret of Monkey Island was released.

My name is Guybrush Threepwood, and I mean to kill you all.

Sean_W
04-14-11, 10:03 AM
Well, I've been quiet excited lately because I can play games all over again maxed out with my GTX460. That's the great thing about PC games, old games get better with new hardware.

Q
04-14-11, 10:05 AM
Well, I've been quiet excited lately because I can play games all over again maxed out with my GTX460. That's the great thing about PC games, old games get better with new hardware.

You got that right! I just wish some of the older games had greater compatibility. I've been dying to fire up some Grim Fandango. Maybe I'll spend some time and get it running....

I spent the time to get Monkey Island 4 working.... and it was just barely worth the cost of admission. I started with 5, then played 1SE and 2S3. MI 3 was playable in SCUMMVM. And 4 was a PITA to get working and was the worse in the series.

What an awesome franchise.

I really want to play more games, but with my wife finishing up her MBA and my Masters in IT starting this semester, plus 40+ hours a week at work.... more work than time to play awesome games.

|MaguS|
04-14-11, 10:05 AM
I don't take gaming as strict anymore, I don't try to over analyze games and am just having fun with what I buy. I think some people nitpick too much and they end up feeling burned. I've just stopped comparing games and found that gaming is a lot more enjoyable then.

|MaguS|
04-14-11, 10:06 AM
You got that right! I just wish some of the older games had greater compatibility. I've been dying to fire up some Grim Fandango. Maybe I'll spend some time and get it running....

I spent the time to get Monkey Island 4 working.... and it was just barely worth the cost of admission. I started with 5, then played 1SE and 2S3. MI 3 was playable in SCUMMVM. And 4 was a PITA to get working and was the worse in the series.

What an awesome franchise.

I really want to play more games, but with my wife finishing up her MBA and my Masters in IT starting this semester, plus 40+ hours a week at work.... more work than time to play awesome games.
Should run fine as long as you disable AA and AF in the CP for the game since it causes weird graphics artifacts.

I've been playing a lot of Diablo 2 with my girl, she's never played it so its fun to go through it all slow and steady rather then just jumping into quick runs online.

jkmetal
04-14-11, 10:22 AM
I go through cycles of hot and cold. I m that way with most hobbies. I m still working on a 30 game backlog and have only knocked down 5 games this year. Pretty much only looking forward to upcoming fallout new vegas dlc and portal 2.

Yaboze
04-14-11, 10:23 AM
I don't meant to offend anyone as far as tech, but, IMHO, a game is a game. It's either well made and fun or it isn't. Pushing tech is not a priority for me. I believe this to be true with a lot of people.

Gameplay and design > Graphics and "Pushing tech".

Some of the best games ever made have minimal graphics and are still fun. This is why the iOS and Android games are so popular now.

I don't care that there isn't another Crysis to push the envelope right now. Just what I need, another single game that looks more like a tech demo than it is fun.....and it runs like crap to boot.

Crysis 2 is the best looking and best running game I have ever seen. Is it the best FPS? Probably not, but man, it looks damn good.

Magus has a point too, older games that sold millions can still be fun, Diablo 2 is a great example.

I'm getting tired of the constant upgrading and it would be nice to hold onto a system for a while and still have good looking games like Crysis 2 and Dragon Age 2.

Sean_W
04-14-11, 10:34 AM
I don't meant to offend anyone as far as tech, but, IMHO, a game is a game. It's either well made and fun or it isn't. Pushing tech is not a priority for me. I believe this to be true with a lot of people.

Gameplay and design > Graphics and "Pushing tech".

Some of the best games ever made have minimal graphics and are still fun. This is why the iOS and Android games are so popular now.

I don't care that there isn't another Crysis to push the envelope right now. Just what I need, another single game that looks more like a tech demo than it is fun.....and it runs like crap to boot.

Crysis 2 is the best looking and best running game I have ever seen. Is it the best FPS? Probably not, but man, it looks damn good.

Magus has a point too, older games that sold millions can still be fun, Diablo 2 is a great example.

I'm getting tired of the constant upgrading and it would be nice to hold onto a system for a while and still have good looking games like Crysis 2 and Dragon Age 2.

But Crysis 2 is less demanding that Crysis 1 anyway and it's got a lot of feature stripped out. I'm sure it's better optimised for quad-core. Out of the box it looks terrible.

I wish people stop saying Crysis ran like crap. We all know why and Crysis 2 only doesn't because we have 4 years newer hardware and Crysis 2 has been scaled back a lot for the consoles.

Yaboze
04-14-11, 10:39 AM
Well the problem here is that Crysis was ahead of it's time and on the hardware available at the time, it was very taxing.

Of course, Crysis can run well today, now that the hardware has caught up and surpassed it, so to speak.

There's not a lot of trees or huge view distances in Crysis 2, but I think Crysis 2 looks better than Crysis 1.

Maybe I just got tired of the rolling green mountains and tremendous vegetation that Crysis has. The urban environments, inside and out, lighting, particles, smoke, destroyed buildings, cratered up roads and stuff look awesome in Crysis 2.

Maybe Rage is the new "benchmark" for the PC. Who knows. It does look pretty good and is OpenGL. However, it's a console title as well, so we'll see. Carmack is a god, though. :)

DansFace
04-14-11, 10:43 AM
spend a few months trying to get laid... then come back

Ywap
04-14-11, 10:57 AM
IŽve also been in a down period lately.

I blame the lack of good titles as everyone want their game to fit the shallow console standard. For every Bioshock there is a hundred overscripted, handholding cinematic on-rail shooters.

Hopefully Dead Island is as good as expected and maybe weŽll hear something from the Stalker camp soon...

Zelda_fan
04-14-11, 11:25 AM
I haven't played video games in about 4 or 5 months. Waiting till Zelda Wii comes out. I might played Elder Scrolls V.

Logical
04-14-11, 11:39 AM
I dont think many games will rock my world this year..perhaps BF3 or Mass Effect 3 but it seems as though every release that i have looked forward to has done nothing but dissapoint. This is making me lose interest in gaming altogether and i dont think that untill the next gen consoles are out that my jaw will drop at a games visuals and playability.

I want a reason to splash out on a new GPU...Games that look like nothing released before...ground breaking games in DX11...I see only maybe 1 or 2 on the horizon....meh

I even got a X360 for Christmas to try and tbh aprt from the odd bouts on FIFA and Forza i have hardly switched the thing on...Couldn't help but feel like i was retro gaming. :/

Sean_W
04-14-11, 11:53 AM
Yeah, consoles are 6 years old, it's ridiculous. There is just no innovative push for tech in consoles. Waiting 6 years for new console is stupid considering how hardware moves a lot faster around it.

The stupid thing is they're pushing these slim versions of the consoles out and addons.