08-08-03, 06:14 PM
A little problem here...

The game drops back to the desktop:

FX 5900 + Dets. 45.20

Reason: Forced refresh modes through Refreshforce

adv1
08-08-03, 06:56 PM
Try this:

Go to C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942 Secret Weapons of WWII Demo\Mods\bf1942\Settings and open the VideoDefault.con file in Notepad.

Change the line:
renderer.allowAllRefreshRates 0
to
renderer.allowAllRefreshRates 1

Fixed the problem for me

Smokey
08-08-03, 07:20 PM
You think that they could have fixed this already god!! Game want to tell you that you can only ran the game at 60Hz no matter the resolution :rolleyes: Sure you the end user can edit it, but you shouldnt have to :mad:

adv1
08-08-03, 08:00 PM
Yeah that refresh rate problem is annoying.

I have to say though, that the demo isn't actually very good. The bots work quite well but the new vehicles and weapons are just so-so. You can download mods that are far better than this for free, so why bother paying for an expansion pack?

volt
08-08-03, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by adv1
Try this:

Go to C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 1942 Secret Weapons of WWII Demo\Mods\bf1942\Settings and open the VideoDefault.con file in Notepad.

Change the line:
renderer.allowAllRefreshRates 0
to
renderer.allowAllRefreshRates 1

Fixed the problem for me

Geez, this is an old thing here. I thought they would have fixed that already. Totally forgot. Thanks

Either way, reforce didn't work but it worked fine through NVIDIA driver panel.

vampireuk
08-10-03, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by adv1
Yeah that refresh rate problem is annoying.

I have to say though, that the demo isn't actually very good. The bots work quite well but the new vehicles and weapons are just so-so. You can download mods that are far better than this for free, so why bother paying for an expansion pack?

Agreed, I just shrugged my shoulders after this thing. They have not tried to sell this to us very well considering all the new weapons they are suppose to offer us. I'm not going to pay for this just like I refuse to pay for road to rome, hell I dont even play that. Once again EA are ripping us off:mad:

fastguy94416
08-10-03, 04:56 PM
My response to this demo:

Meh, some modder could do it better for free.

vampireuk
08-10-03, 05:14 PM
They have desert combat (http://www.desertcombat.com) :D

Modern weapons and its fun too:cool:

adv1
08-10-03, 06:29 PM
Desert Combat, Eve of Destruction, Galactic Conquest...all unofficial, free mods but much more fun and interesting than Secret Weapons.

The content they're including in these retail expansion packs isn't much more than what you get in free bonus packs for other games, like UT2003 for example.

Here's a thought... a couple of weeks ago I bought No One Lives Forever 2 at a cheaper price than SW is apparently going to cost. Hmmm...so that's a whole new great game with a large singleplayer campaign and multiplayer modes, versus a more expensive expansion pack that amounts to a few maps and vehicles for an old game. OK...