PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield 3's 12 minute gameplay video is live!

Pages : [1] 2 3

Madpistol
04-16-11, 09:27 AM
http://www.ea.com/battlefield3/blog/bf3-12-minutes-of-gameplay

Direct link for 1080p @ 60hz: http://static.cdn.ea.com/eagl_online/u/f/bf3/noise/vids/Battlefield_3_Fault_Line_Full_Trailer.zip

Enjoy! :D

Albo
04-16-11, 09:37 AM
:jawdrop:

K007
04-16-11, 10:34 AM
epic! can't wait for this. Looks way better than Crysis 2/Past CoD games.

Sound effects as always top quality!

Redeemed
04-16-11, 10:57 AM
:wonder:

|MaguS|
04-16-11, 11:15 AM
/yawn

Was hoping it was real gameplay, not "gameplay". In engine scripted scene, we went through this before with DICE and Medal of Honor... original video was amazing looking and when we got the game it was a heavily scripted ugly game.

yxx
04-16-11, 11:55 AM
why are so many newer games that i play in the last couple of years have so much childish swearing in it. they can't even make it seem real. it sounds like a 15 year old trying to be cool swearing at shcool. if your gonna have it in the game at least do it right.

other than that i'm looking forward to online as i played a lot of BF2 online so hopefully this one delivers.

Ywap
04-16-11, 12:04 PM
/yawn

heavily scripted

Looks so Cod:ingly boring it hurts.

Redeemed
04-16-11, 12:15 PM
Looks so Cod:ingly boring it hurts.

Really? How so? Simply because it is set in the ME? Name one COD game that has large and open maps that can easily support air combat, mechanized (tank) combat, and 64 players?

Ywap
04-16-11, 12:39 PM
Really? How so? Simply because it is set in the ME? Name one COD game that has large and open maps that can easily support air combat, mechanized (tank) combat, and 64 players?

I was talking about single player, i simply donīt like ultra scripted on-rail shooters. The mp is probably great though :)

Madpistol
04-16-11, 12:40 PM

This is what I'm excited about. The sheer epicness of the maps is maddening. The mechanics also look very BC2ish, and I absolutely love BC2!

Massive multiplayer maps + awesome engine + awesome game mechanics = pure win. :D

Madpistol
04-16-11, 12:45 PM
I updated my original post with a link to the 1080p, 60 fps trailer. Be wary though. It's 1.8GB in size. :eek:

sammy sung
04-16-11, 01:22 PM
I updated my original post with a link to the 1080p, 60 fps trailer. Be wary though. It's 1.8GB in size. :eek:

Dl'ing @ 8-10 mbs, will have it in under 5 minutes :D (100/100 mbit ftw )

sammy sung
04-16-11, 01:26 PM
/yawn

Was hoping it was real gameplay, not "gameplay". In engine scripted scene, we went through this before with DICE and Medal of Honor... original video was amazing looking and when we got the game it was a heavily scripted ugly game.

Dice was only involved in the multiplayer afaik, the mp used the enhanced frostbite engine from BFBC2. The single player used the unreal 3 engine and Dice had no part in that.

MaXThReAT
04-16-11, 02:48 PM
I can't watch that. 12min...that would spoil like an eighth of the entire SP campaign.

jcrox
04-16-11, 03:12 PM
I've never played any of the BF games but I'll be getting this one on release day.

Watching the video, that's what I would have expected for the level of graphics in Crysis 2. The games looks amazing!!! I'd say we have a new king of the hill in regards to graphics quality :cool:

sammy sung
04-16-11, 03:17 PM
I can't watch that. 12min...that would spoil like an eighth of the entire SP campaign.

It's basicly what we have already seen, just tied together more and with somewhat extended sequences.Scripted some say but it's from the SP , what did you guys expect ? Since you're part of a squad and are given orders on where to go/what to do etc it's not really like you can lonewolf it and take off on some Duke nukem mission and say to hell with the rest of em.

Perhaps you have more freedom later but i doubt it, the whole BF franchise is about multiplayer teampplay, working together or face failure. I think it's natural that the sp campaign mirror's some of that aswell.

Mr. Hunt
04-16-11, 03:28 PM
Just got done watching. I really think DICE needs to hire some professional animators. Those animations made me want to vomit.

|MaguS|
04-16-11, 03:32 PM
Dice was only involved in the multiplayer afaik, the mp used the enhanced frostbite engine from BFBC2. The single player used the unreal 3 engine and Dice had no part in that.

Yeah and the MP was trash in MoH.

sammy sung
04-16-11, 03:47 PM
Yeah and the MP was trash in MoH.

Still, claiming that the sp in this will dissapoint like MOH's did eventhough Dice had nothing to do with it isn't very logical. And tbh, did they have jets in moh mp ? 64 players ? No i didn't think so, moh mp is a lot more like bfbc2's than the bf series anyway.

dikinher
04-16-11, 06:57 PM
Just got done watching. I really think DICE needs to hire some professional animators. Those animations made me want to vomit.

lolwut? Those animations are nearly lifelike.

Sean_W
04-16-11, 07:16 PM

Yeah, you could have done better hey Hunt? You should apply.

|MaguS|
04-16-11, 07:17 PM
Still, claiming that the sp in this will dissapoint like MOH's did eventhough Dice had nothing to do with it isn't very logical. And tbh, did they have jets in moh mp ? 64 players ? No i didn't think so, moh mp is a lot more like bfbc2's than the bf series anyway.

So if they added vehicles and a larger player count it would make MoH mp instantly good?

sammy sung
04-16-11, 07:24 PM
So if they added vehicles and a larger player count it would make MoH mp instantly good?

Now you're just being a dick but then again thats something you excel at :p

When your first point proved to be wrong you keep trying to come up with new ones, enough is enough.

And no it wouldn't automaticly make it good, nor did anyone suggest so but i pointed out that BF2 and the coming sequel is quite different to moh multiplayer.

hirantha
04-16-11, 07:26 PM
IF you look at the video and actual screenshots, the quality in the video is not similar to those SS?... I will wait for the verdict from you guys before trying my first BF game :)

K007
04-16-11, 07:34 PM

really?...

i thought the animations were amazing. very real