PDA

View Full Version : ASUS V9950 Ultra - 128MB or 256MB ???

GI Joe
08-09-03, 01:54 AM
Hi,

i own a ASUS V9950 Ultra and noticed something strange that confuses me.
When i look into the propertys of my graphics card under Windows XP or even in the DirectX 9.0b Caps Viewer under Primary Display Driver->Memory->Video it says that my card has only 128MB graphics memory instead of the 256MB that i suppose.

But in the DetonatorFX driver i installed (44.03) it says that there is 256MB memory available.

So what is right ???

When someone with the same board could confirm the same "problem" or told me how to undoubtly verify that my card has really 256MB and not the reported 128MB under WindowsXP and DirectX 9.0b.

Thanx in advance...

GlowStick
08-09-03, 01:31 PM
um if you feel that you got a non ultra, just check if there is ram on the back of the board. if there is you have 256mb, and alot of people are saying that some programs do not recognise the 256mb, but it is used in games.

its kind of like when i had my Pentium 3, my mobo called it a Pentium 2 500mhz (witch never exsisted) but when they made a new bios, it correctly identfied it as a P3.

windwaver
08-09-03, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by GI Joe
Hi,

i own a ASUS V9950 Ultra and noticed something strange that confuses me.
When i look into the propertys of my graphics card under Windows XP or even in the DirectX 9.0b Caps Viewer under Primary Display Driver->Memory->Video it says that my card has only 128MB graphics memory instead of the 256MB that i suppose.

But in the DetonatorFX driver i installed (44.03) it says that there is 256MB memory available.

So what is right ???

When someone with the same board could confirm the same "problem" or told me how to undoubtly verify that my card has really 256MB and not the reported 128MB under WindowsXP and DirectX 9.0b.

Thanx in advance...

Unless you're at anything above 1280x1024 with AA/AF, if not, 128 will be enough :).