PDA

View Full Version : VMware image corruption?

richard612
04-21-11, 02:32 PM
This is VMware Workstation 7.1.4 running on a host PC with Windows 7 SP1 and the 270.51 drivers (the previous WHQL release also had this problem).

The VM guest is also Windows 7 SP1, "Accelerate 3D Graphics" is on, Aeroglass is on. Latest VMware Tools.

Conditions:

* VMware Workstation must be maximized in whatever monitor for this problem to occur.
* The software window inside the guest must also be maximized.

Open a window (in this case, an e-mail in Outlook 2010) and I see this about 60-80% of the time:

http://photos.smugmug.com/photos/1260523450_BX42Nvt-XL.png

If I close and re-open, after perhaps 4-5 tries, it will draw the window cleanly.

If I un-maximize either Outlook or VMware itself, the problem goes away completely.

This problem started when I upgraded from a 7600GS to a GTX460. I upgraded my year-old nVidia drivers at the same time. VMware Workstation 7.1.1 also had this problem.

Not sure if this is a VMware problem or an nVidia problem. Any thoughts?

Q
04-21-11, 02:58 PM
First, welcome to the forums, Richard.

Unfortunately, my development machine is running an ATI card. I've got a WHS 2011 VM at the moment, but when I wipe that and bring up a straight W7 box I'll do testing on my end.

I'd open a ticket with VMWare to hedge my bets.

AthlonXP1800
04-21-11, 05:35 PM
I tried to reproduced the issue you experienced but I dont have the issue, it only last a sec before returned to normal.

What screen resolution on your Host OS and Guest OS desktop?
Did you ticked both Autofit Windows and Autofit Guest on VMWare's View menu?