PDA

View Full Version : Noctua NF-S12B FLX 120mm Case Fans

Pennyboy
04-27-11, 08:01 PM
I was getting really sick of my PC sounding louder than a Boeing 747 during take off. I was running some Cooler Master 2000rpm Blue LED 90cfm fans but they were terrible case fans, it wasn't the fan hum, that didn't bother me too much. Yes, they were louder than average fan out there but biggest issue was the fans suffered from major vibration issues which compounded in noise when screwed to my case. The vibration noise was so frustrating that I would have to listen to music if web browsing etc. Anyway I decided to splash out and purchased 3 x Noctua NF-S12B FLX case fans and geez what a massive difference, I actually enjoy web browsing etc on my PC again.
Any of you guys running these fans?? I really swear by them now. Ok the price is a bit up there and they are as ugly as hell but they perform amazingly well so thats all i care about.

DirkGently
04-28-11, 07:24 AM
2000RPM fans are going to be loud. 1200 is comfortable, 900 is perfect. I have 5xS-Flex 120MM, 1200RPM case fans and the noise level is negligable.

Noctua fans are good quality so you made the right choice :)

sillyeagle
04-28-11, 05:05 PM
Yeah I really like mine. If I buy any more they will likely be Noctua. Not sure if there is even anything better on the market.

Pennyboy
04-29-11, 03:09 AM
2000RPM fans are going to be loud. 1200 is comfortable, 900 is perfect. I have 5xS-Flex 120MM, 1200RPM case fans and the noise level is negligable.

Noctua fans are good quality so you made the right choice :)

Yeah i guess @ 2000rpm the speed is up there but I am sure the cooler master fan quality was somewhat lacking too, which was probably the cause of the vibrations. In any case I am loving the Noctua fans, the quality and finish of them is def up there and the color is actually growing on me, I actually like the look of them now. My case is black so they look quite good with it.

I still have one Cooler Master 2000rpm fan in my case, this one is the rear exhaust and its going quite well, it doesn't seem to suffer the from the vibrations the other cooler masters did. When that fan starts packing up I will replace it with another Noctua.