PDA

View Full Version : ssd card dying on me??

Dirthead
05-02-11, 07:07 PM
I'm starting to get long pauses while loading windows... I get the black screen with the windows logo.. and it just sits for long while.. and the keyboard or mouse lights are not on, and then after a while it will boot up.... http://img546.imageshack.us/i/79848533.jpg/ It hangs on that screen and does nothing.. but then loads up... So is that ssd or ram or something else causing the problem?

Bman212121
05-02-11, 10:07 PM
If it's booting it could be numerous issues. The easiest way to check would be to just take out a stick of ram at a time and see if it makes a difference or not. Then you could try some simple drive tests like hdtach and see if there are any anomalies. It could be a bad driver causing it to hang, a piece of hardware plugged in that is failing (like a printer, the keyboard, or the mouse)

Just strip it down to the essentials and test them one at a time. You only need a CPU, 1 stick of ram, the board, a graphics card, and the HDD to boot a pc. Then obviously having a monitor connected to see what's going on. Unplug the DVD drive, any extra ram, any other peripherals, any expansion cards; disable onboard sound in the BIOS. That alone should help eliminate a lot of possible causes.

Dirthead
05-03-11, 10:38 AM
I think it was one of my dvd drives not booting up... as when windows loaded up, it only showed on of my two dvd drives... so i shut down and cleaned the power/sata plugs on all my drives, little dust build up, and made sure they were all clean and fully connected, and i rebooted the pc, it loaded up just fine. and the OS showed both dvd drives, so i hope i found the problem

Bman212121
05-03-11, 11:32 AM
Yea that will do it. Hope you have it fixed. :)