PDA

View Full Version : IT Gaming is Boring...

MikeC
05-04-11, 07:06 PM
Sorry, but every company seems to think they have re-invented the wheel and send me tons of press releases.

Yawn. Big mother****ing deal. Junk E-mail.

Give us something that impresses PC Gamers.

Albo
05-04-11, 07:07 PM
:lol:

What's wrong MikeC. Which company, I'll kill em for ya.

MikeC
05-04-11, 07:11 PM
:lol:

What's wrong MikeC. Which company, I'll kill em for ya.Walmart?

bob saget
05-04-11, 07:39 PM
send a ****ing GTX 590

six_storm
05-04-11, 07:46 PM
I want Half-Life 3 nao.

Runningman
05-04-11, 08:51 PM
Sorry, but every company seems to think they have re-invented the wheel and send me tons of press releases.

Im with ya, PC gaming is so ****ing boring. Every game that I pick up is just the same crap rehashed,over and over and over..I really dont game much anymore because of it...

Greedo
05-04-11, 08:54 PM
portal 2 mother****ers.

Redeemed
05-04-11, 09:52 PM
You know what I was thinking about? Something that I've yet to see in a game anyways, is a full on, FPS sci-fi shooter. One that take place entirely in outer space. Like, you'll start out in a space station as a new recruit, and this new awesome ship is just being launched and it's your ship. You're part of the security detail doing all the ground missions for the ship.

Well, on your first voyage to explore some planet where we hope to find new life, the ship of course gets attacked. So naturally you have to defend it, the ship get's invaded (boarded) and you have to fight 'em off. You barely manage to, and then limp back to meet up with the rest of your fleet, get repaired, etc. Well, those aliens follow you and take out most of your fleet, your ship barely managing to escape. Your ship makes it back to the space station to repair and get all the other ships ready for combat when the aliens launch a surprise attack on the station and it's fight to the death.

They win, you get captured. Now you've got to stay alive untill rescue comes... if they'll even be able to rescue you.

Sure, there might be some movies like that- but how many games? It seems all the sci-fi FPSs take place on some planet with maybe a little period on a ship.

I'm talking like in Quake4 where you're on the Hannibal and it gets attacked? That's gotta' be my favorite part of the game. Only I'd love some dramatic cinematic effects like sprinting down a corridor to get to your battle stations and looking out the windows as you run past to see a real-time battle raging out in space. And maybe while you're running a ship, debris, or missile could crash into the hull and you barely make it into the sealed doors before the vacuum sucks everything out.

I dunno- lotta' cool crap you could do. But it seems like it's never been done. It'd look so amazing with any modern engine as well. :)

General Lee
05-05-11, 06:55 AM

I had this great idea recently. It was about DOC trying to fight his way through Deliverance country, using all sorts of guns and melee weapons, in order to make it to his job interview out west. His goal is to make it to the Grand Ol' Opry, where a rescue airlift will take him to Silicon Valley.

First person shooter, using Redneck Rampage and (a reverse on) Delta Force: Black Hawk Down (instead of just killing black people, DOC would be killing just white people). His enemies would include rednecks, hillbillies, hicks, farmers, animals, klansmen, etc...

Weapons would be GREATLY varied, including deer antlers and push mowers. I'd expect a good game engine could really make this idea awesome. Pitch that to someone Mike.

Oh, and the character would have to HATE country music, which makes him think twice about going near the Grand Ol' Opry.

"Why did it have to be country music?!?!"

:D

v3rninater
05-05-11, 07:23 AM
You know what I was thinking about? Something that I've yet to see in a game anyways, is a full on, FPS sci-fi shooter. One that take place entirely in outer space. Like, you'll start out in a space station as a new recruit, and this new awesome ship is just being launched and it's your ship. You're part of the security detail doing all the ground missions for the ship.

Well, on your first voyage to explore some planet where we hope to find new life, the ship of course gets attacked. So naturally you have to defend it, the ship get's invaded (boarded) and you have to fight 'em off. You barely manage to, and then limp back to meet up with the rest of your fleet, get repaired, etc. Well, those aliens follow you and take out most of your fleet, your ship barely managing to escape. Your ship makes it back to the space station to repair and get all the other ships ready for combat when the aliens launch a surprise attack on the station and it's fight to the death.

They win, you get captured. Now you've got to stay alive untill rescue comes... if they'll even be able to rescue you.

Sure, there might be some movies like that- but how many games? It seems all the sci-fi FPSs take place on some planet with maybe a little period on a ship.

I'm talking like in Quake4 where you're on the Hannibal and it gets attacked? That's gotta' be my favorite part of the game. Only I'd love some dramatic cinematic effects like sprinting down a corridor to get to your battle stations and looking out the windows as you run past to see a real-time battle raging out in space. And maybe while you're running a ship, debris, or missile could crash into the hull and you barely make it into the sealed doors before the vacuum sucks everything out.

I dunno- lotta' cool crap you could do. But it seems like it's never been done. It'd look so amazing with any modern engine as well. :)

Dude, you mean Marathon Series for macintosh? If you've never played a really great game with a mind stimulating story/back story, then try that game out. It was very well put together, and was one of the premier Bungie titles back before everyone knew about them.

It was very well put together and the mystery behind all of it was very intriguing.

DiscipleDOC
05-05-11, 09:15 AM
Right now, I'm not even interested in playing games. If I'm bored, I'll play BC2, but even after that, my attention span goes from 60-10 seconds in no time.:thumbdwn:

munkus
05-05-11, 09:34 AM
Right now, I'm not even interested in playing games. If I'm bored, I'll play BC2, but even after that, my attention span goes from 60-10 seconds in no time.:thumbdwn:

Same here. I have a ton of games on my HD that have barely been touched. When I do find time to play, I end up doing something like Defense Grid. These days I have the attention span of a...

ooooh shiney!

<wanders off>

grey_1
05-05-11, 10:23 AM
Same here. I have a ton of games on my HD that have barely been touched. When I do find time to play, I end up doing something like Defense Grid. These days I have the attention span of a...

ooooh shiney!

<wanders off>

"SQUIRREL!"

/Up

DiscipleDOC
05-05-11, 10:39 AM
"SQUIRREL!"

/Up

That ain't a squirrel. That's a furry rat.

/sideways

grey_1
05-05-11, 10:47 AM
That ain't a squirrel. That's a furry rat.

/sideways

LoL - didn't you see the movie "Up"? Plenty of laughs :)

munkus
05-05-11, 10:58 AM
SQUIRREL!!
http://thebingingartist.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/up_doug.jpg

grey_1
05-05-11, 11:03 AM
SQUIRREL!!
http://thebingingartist.files.wordpress.com/2010/07/up_doug.jpg

YES!

Doc, if you haven't, watch it with the kids. :lol:

Redeemed
05-05-11, 12:16 PM
Dude, you mean Marathon Series for macintosh? If you've never played a really great game with a mind stimulating story/back story, then try that game out. It was very well put together, and was one of the premier Bungie titles back before everyone knew about them.

It was very well put together and the mystery behind all of it was very intriguing.

Well, I guess... never heard of the game actually. :o :lol:

If it's anything like what I mentioned then we have *one* game like that. Why aren't there more? It seems all sci-fi shooters now days take place on a planet on some kinda' station.

You know I'm just thinking of moments like in Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II where you're in that ship and it's plummeting to the ground, and you've got to get to your ship in the cargo bay before the crash and escape? That was amazing! Seemed way cool!

Why can't there be more of this kinda' stuff in today's games? It is always the same, rehashed stuff over and over.

I guess the Dead Space games are the closes modern example of what I'm referring to being that they take place entirely in out space, only they aren't FPSs and it's slightly different than what I was referring to. :)

Redeemed
05-05-11, 12:39 PM
Man, right now nothing digital seems to interest me. It's bright and sunny out side- be a great time to head into some backwoods roads and do some shooting, or go for a nice ride horseback. :)

Sadly, I've not a vehicle that can handle those backroads nor do I presently own a horse. :(

Albo
05-05-11, 01:08 PM

Completely agree. Spent over 150 on the steam deals in the winter and I've barely touched them. The only thing I play when I'm bored is FIFA or super meat boy. Everything else and I don't feel like playing. I think it's cause I'm growing up and now I don't find games interesting anymore. My parents have been waiting for this for a while, lol. That's one of the reasons I haven't touched a pc game since February 15th.

I wrote this from my iPod touch. Biatch!

General Lee
05-06-11, 05:53 AM
Games keep me out of bars, out of fights, and out of jail. ;)