PDA

View Full Version : Upgrade if possible....

k_ozz
05-08-11, 06:35 PM
My current specs are in my signature.

Looking for recommendations about what to update if I came into a bit of cash. In the next month or so.

Thanks,

K

Roadhog
05-08-11, 07:25 PM
I would ditch the two gpus and go for a single 580. The experience will be much smoother.

Intel17
05-09-11, 12:34 AM
^ disagree with you, Roadhog. Dual GPUs aren't a problem for me at all (and you're rocking triple 6970s...!) -- I'd suggest a nice Phenom II X6 BE and then overclock that sucker.

Roadhog
05-09-11, 01:28 AM
^ disagree with you, Roadhog. Dual GPUs aren't a problem for me at all (and you're rocking triple 6970s...!) -- I'd suggest a nice Phenom II X6 BE and then overclock that sucker.

Every multi gpu setup isn't smooth at low fps. Plus, he would pick up higher min fps, less power usage, and a little more vram.

He already has a quad core though, so won't gain anything gaming wise going to a 6 core. Though it would be worth it to get a cpu with higher clock speed if he doesn't have his overclocked already.

k_ozz
05-09-11, 02:22 AM
I have only started messing with overclocking. Yesterday was my 1st attempt through bios...did not work to well. I have had the multiplier up to 16.5 today through TurboV and I have not had any issues yet today. Ive been searching for a good guide any one know where one is...

A single 580 is tempting but don't see getting that much cash soon...It would be nice is the rumors would be nice about the new cards by the end of the year.

Thanks,

K

bob saget
05-09-11, 02:23 AM
make sure you have an aftermarket cooler to keep the core temps down.

k_ozz
05-09-11, 10:56 PM
Got an Antec Kuhler 920.