PDA

View Full Version : id Software's RAGE

Pages : [1] 2

AngelGraves13
05-09-11, 03:52 AM
id Software's RAGE

Level Editor to Ship with Game (http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/05/05/rage-to-ship-with-full-level-editor-id-studio/)
Want to mod Rage? Good. Speaking to PC Gamer at a recent press event, Id Creative Director Tim Willits revealed that the PC version of Rage will support modding and level design right out of the box. All you need to do, says Tim, is “Pull down the console, type ‘id studio’, then press enter. Then, bam, there’s all the tools we use.”

As for what you’ll be creating, that’s a little trickier; Id’s technology has moved on since you could fit 100′s of Doom levels on a CD. “Building levels from scratch is more difficult,” says Tim, “because we have a layer system in some of the levels. I can foresee somebody modding up Wellspring (a town in-game) and adding different characters, giving them different voice-over.” But if you’ve got the development skills to use it, the level editor will be there. “It’s built into the engine,” says Tim.

Will you be creating levels for Rage? Do let us know. We’ll try and feature the best mods when Rage launches in September.

Steamworks is "highly likely" as it is a Bethesda title, and already rumored to support Steam Cloud, Achievements, Voice, and the full feature set of Steam.

K007
05-09-11, 04:18 AM
nice...looking forward to cool mods like fallout 3 :)

jlippo
05-09-11, 05:52 AM
Very good news, although I wonder how long it will take to bake all that information to textures and compress it to texture atlas. (megatexture)
Also not having any source textures and such might be a problem.

K007
05-12-11, 08:45 AM
Will this have co-op similar to borderlands? I actually enjoyed co-op with my friend...ended up playing 40 hours this week on borderlands....

|MaguS|
05-12-11, 08:57 AM
Will this have co-op similar to borderlands? I actually enjoyed co-op with my friend...ended up playing 40 hours this week on borderlands....

Don't think it has any coop. It's not like borderlands in the gameplay aspect.

Yaboze
05-12-11, 10:01 AM
Day 1 purchase.

HiCZoK4
05-12-11, 03:36 PM
every ID game was a milestone up to this point. So looking forward to this one

Viral
05-12-11, 07:49 PM
Great news, I used to make Quake 3 maps back in the day and even that required you to dl a program. Having it all built in and exactly what the devs use is great!

K007
05-12-11, 08:46 PM
Don't think it has any coop. It's not like borderlands in the gameplay aspect.

it has co-op, similar to bulletstorm style.

Sean_W
05-12-11, 10:51 PM
Wonder how the editor will rank long side Unreal Ed 3.0, which was pretty awesome.

yuzhiwen
05-12-11, 11:08 PM
Wow, nice! I used to make Quake 3 maps back in the day and even that required you to deal with the program. Thank you share this great news!

LydianKnight
05-13-11, 01:32 AM
Wonder how the editor will rank long side Unreal Ed 3.0, which keeps being pretty awesome.

Fix'd :p

Redeemed
05-13-11, 01:53 AM
Skrim, BF3, and Rage are the three titles I'm rather excited about this year. :)

K007
05-13-11, 02:30 AM
Skrim, BF3, and Rage are the three titles I'm rather excited about this year. :)

What about W2 and Diablo 3 Beta/Final(Good chance!)

Redeemed
05-13-11, 02:58 AM
What about W2 and Diablo 3 Beta/Final(Good chance!)

Never did get into any of those. In fact, never got into the whole Starcraft craze either, still don't own a copy of Starcraft II.

And honestly, I really don't game like I used to. So, I guess my "attention span" for gaming in general just isn't long enough to get hooked into multiple titles. Of all the titles I've seen advertised, promoted, and hyped- Skyrim, BF3, and Rage are the three that honestly have my interest. I don't even own Portal 2 yet. :lol: Though I'll likely pick that up on a winter sale. :D

As a testament to my not following those two titles you mentioned- I'm not even sure what game you're referring to with "W2". Diablo III sounds like it could be a game I'd very well enjoy... but likely I won't get it till it's on sale for cheap. :lol: :o

EDIT: Just occured to me that by "W2" you likely were referring to The Witcher 2? If so- haven't even played the first one. Haven't seen, ready, or heard anything about either of those games that interest me. :o

K007
05-13-11, 03:22 AM
i dont get it...why can i see Rage as 59USD but i cant buy it?...If this game ends up buying 90USD...they can **** off...going to import it.

How is that the digital version can cost more than the actual box version?

AU Steam price hikes are done by the game's publisher, at the request of the Australian retail distributor (either a different company or a local branch of the publisher). The intention is to bring digital prices up to where they are similar to boxed PC game prices at local retailers, and they believe that equalising the prices in this way will prevent people that presently buy at retail from switching to DD services (ie they are protecting the only market they earn revenue from).

Contrary to popular belief Steam/Valve do not set the pricing for third party published games.

Seriously this country is a bunch of assholes....

K007
05-13-11, 03:29 AM
MtG-gIZ_2Ys

btw that is pc gameplay...apperntly...

those ground textures.....(nana2)

Redeemed
05-13-11, 10:44 AM
So going to enjoy this game. :D

Sean_W
05-13-11, 11:08 AM
Yep, really looking forward to this game. Good to see id back again doing some kick ass FPS. This may well be a first day buy for me.

jcrox
05-13-11, 06:40 PM
Day 1 purchase.

+1

Really looking forward to this game.

jolle
05-15-11, 06:56 AM
MtG-gIZ_2Ys

Why are they playing with a controller if that is PC?
also why opt out of using AF and AA..

Sean_W
05-15-11, 07:29 AM
From the video the textures look rather mushy and yes, controller fail. I wish they would use the grabbing objects animation like Crysis and FarCry 2, it looks so much better.

K007
05-15-11, 08:35 AM
Why are they playing with a controller if that is PC?
also why opt out of using AF and AA..

well they can't show that the pc looks much better...they want the console sales...its to show that if u have a console get it on that because guess what...it doesn't look any better..

and yea those textures...are really awful...

Sean_W
05-15-11, 10:46 AM
So what are you saying?

They show the PC version using a controller and don't say which platform they are showing?

Roadhog
05-15-11, 12:17 PM
MtG-gIZ_2Ys

pants wet