PDA

View Full Version : How Good Are Komplett At Returning Geforce Fx 256mb 5900 Ultra??????????

seizetheday4eva
08-10-03, 08:47 AM
I bought my Creative Geforce FX 256mb Ultra card on the 30th July and believe my card too be Faulty.

I have the FLICKERING problem that many Geforce FX 5900 Ultra owners have, strange that not anyone has posted about it yet here go to www.nvnews.net then go too the Forums and you will see Threads about the PROBLEM all over, even NVIDIA themselves have started there own Thread about it.

Anyway I need to know how good Komplett are with the procedure of returning products? I would like to return mine for a Full Refund and then when Nvidia have fixed this problem buy the MSI non-reference design of the 256mb Geforce FX 5900 Ultra.

Are have asked for a RMA number but i'm not sure if they will give me a full refund or if all they do is a replacement card?

There website says this:

Your RMA number is "valid" for only 14 days upon receipt. Only consumers/private individuals have the right to cancel any order related to the "Cooling off period" for a refund (items only - not freight).

Pack the product securely with impact-absorbing materials (original packaging is preferred) and include all peripherals.
Enclose the RMA Authorization email with the parcel (inside).
Clearly mark the parcel (on the outside) with the RMA No. that you receive from us.
The return parcel must be sent to our Return Department on your expense.
After examation and tests, we will make repairs or send a replacement as is deemed necessary.
We will send you an order confirmation and delivery note when your product has been repaired or replaced.
Any shipment without a Return Material Authorization Form (RMA) will need special treatment and the processing will be delayed.

and Creative says this:

My product is faulty. What are my options?
if you have established that your Creative retail product is faulty by going through our troubleshooting process, the next thing you need to do is to verify the purchase date and take appropriate action as detailed below.

Less than 30 days since date of purchase

Should your store receipt indicate that your product is less than 30 days old and you have established that the product is faulty, either by troubleshooting it using the above mentioned link, or by consulting our technical support department, you have the option of returning the full product to the dealer/retailer for a replacement or credit. The 30-day time preriod may not apply in all instances, so please check the seller's replacement/credit terms. If your dealer is not available you can also contact Technical Support to arrange a replacement or repair.

bkswaney
08-10-03, 09:04 AM
Nvidia knows about the flickering.
They r working on a fix now.
Most all 5900's do it.

Dazz
08-10-03, 06:42 PM
Might as well send them an e-mail and find out.

Templar
08-11-03, 12:41 AM
I had a return with them once. I sent the product back saying I didn't like it. Got a full refund after 3 weeks.

Shouldn't be a problem but you never know, I had a problem with a swedish store.. they took over 3 months to pay me back and then only when they realised I was serious about sueing them.

Simon

Zod
08-11-03, 06:59 AM
Most all 5900's do it. Well my ultra doesn't and I know of plenty of others that do not have this problem.

aapo
08-11-03, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by Zod
Well my ultra doesn't and I know of plenty of others that do not have this problem.

It seems that not all individuals see the problem even if it's there. How can you be sure that you just don't see it? Have you seen the problem with some other FX5900 and compared to that, or have you asked someone who has recognized the problem before to check your card?

NKVD
08-11-03, 08:38 AM
so whats the deal even if there is a flickering problem but one doesnt see it ? as long as it doesnt bother someone - who cares.

Zod
08-11-03, 08:47 AM
That is just too funny: even if you can't see it, you may have the problem.:rolleyes:

Well, bud, the problem is not there, any more than it is there with the card's predecessor TI4600 or the GF2Go in my laptop or the GF3 in my wife's computer or, for that matter, the Matrox G550 in my server.