PDA

View Full Version : Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection

JohnDio
05-12-11, 09:22 PM
http://www.dasreviews.com/das-game-news/mortal-kombat-arcade-kollection-announced

http://www.dasreviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/mortalkombat2.jpg

Dear Kombatants, this is what you’ve been waiting for. Today, Warner Bros announced that Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection will be coming this Summer to PS3, X360 and PC. Oh yeah, you read it right. PC gamers will be able to play online these classics games and won’t need a Kailera emulator. However, we’d hoped for a HD remake of these classics. Imagine MK2 with HD models and backgrounds. Damn, we’d kill for something like that.

“We are very excited to finally have the first three Mortal Kombat games available in one download package for long-time and new fans to play,” said Ed Boon, creative director, NetherRealm Studios. “With the release of our 2011 Mortal Kombat, and its return to 2D game play, players have been asking for these classic titles and we are happy to deliver them.”

Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection is being developed by Other Ocean and NetherRealm Studios and will include Mortal Kombat, Mortal Kombat 2 and Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3. It features online play, leaderboards, achievements and trophies and according to the company, it will be an “arcade- perfect port”. We just hope that the PC version will include those lovely 2D high quality filters that most of us are used to, like Maxim Stepin’s HQ2X.

Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection will cost you 800 Microsoft points or £6.29 on the PlayStation Network or PC.

K007
05-12-11, 09:27 PM
Hmm PC....does this mean that we might see MK9 on the PC?

JohnDio
05-12-11, 09:35 PM
Hmm PC....does this mean that we might see MK9 on the PC?

There is a rumor for a Q4 2011 release. Hopefully, we will get it :D

nekrosoft13
05-12-11, 10:41 PM
I will buy this on release, I really want the new MK on PC

Sean_W
05-12-11, 10:48 PM
Keeping my eye out for this, I loved MKII and MK3.

Logical
05-13-11, 09:01 AM
Direct arcade port = mame version = no TY

jeffmd
05-13-11, 01:16 PM
Thanks warner bros for bringing something to us tomorrow what MAME brought to us 5 years ago.

de><ta
05-13-11, 01:39 PM
I want MK9 for PC!

Currently the only good fighting game on the PC is SF4.

Sean_W
05-13-11, 01:44 PM
Thanks warner bros for bringing something to us tomorrow what MAME brought to us 5 years ago.

Except that MK roms are not legal.

Logical
05-13-11, 04:44 PM
Except that MK roms are not legal.

Very true, but emulation use is more widespread to gamers than piracy although they can be both tarnished with the same brush.

My point is anyone with a PC that might have wanted to play the mortal kombat trilogy from a retro point of view would have done so via MAME, yes it is illegal to download ROMS but its also very easy to do so. This from where i am sitting would seem that there is no way that this package can do that well on the PC.

I suggest this be the last of the mame/piracy chat as the thread would be at risk from being locked. ;)

Zenoth
05-14-11, 05:22 AM
I just want MK 2011 for PC.

But I guess that would be fun, for some time.