PDA

View Full Version : Huh.

The Baron
08-10-03, 05:11 PM
OK, so I was having weird sound problems in Winamp after I got my RMA'd board.

So, I decide to install 2.45. Didn't fix it, messed up my USB controller, but I dealt with it (and figured out how to fix the sound--an option in Winamp, surprise surprise--last time, it was memory timings, figured it might be drivers, but I needed to create a DirectSound buffer and everything was peachy. weird.).

But.

Old temps--between 38-42.

New temps--30-34.

HUH?

The Baron
08-10-03, 05:15 PM
And note--it's not "Oh, the driver messed with temp readings." I watched it drop from 38 after I installed the drivers down to 32 now, and that's including a good bit of SWG. Weird.

B&R
08-10-03, 05:16 PM
:confused: so u think ur winamp has sometin do with the temps?

B&R
08-10-03, 05:17 PM
Originally posted by The Baron
And note--it's not "Oh, the driver messed with temp readings." I watched it drop from 38 after I installed the drivers down to 32 now, and that's including a good bit of SWG. Weird.

ohhhhhhhhhhh. update the temp panel thing or check in the bios if it is still the same temps there.

The Baron
08-10-03, 05:25 PM
OK, rebooted, shows 36 on temp program.

BIOS shows between 35 and 38 immediately after reboot.

Forced to wonder if I lost some sort of option to put the CPU in an idle state when I replaced the mobo without replacing the drivers.

B&R
08-10-03, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by The Baron
OK, rebooted, shows 36 on temp program.

BIOS shows between 35 and 38 immediately after reboot.

Forced to wonder if I lost some sort of option to put the CPU in an idle state when I replaced the mobo without replacing the drivers.

I am pretty sure it was the drivers that were messing up. I did a mobo replacement and my panel kept showing 40C under all conditions. I jus updated it and everytin is fine now.

Dazz
08-10-03, 06:31 PM
The only time you will see your temps drop is with a BIOS flash.