PDA

View Full Version : Official Witcher 2 - The Assassins of Kings

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

K007
05-17-11, 08:01 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_SniTwfm5BwE/TOLOeFnbEcI/AAAAAAAADAc/Bwz479OU8qM/s1600/The%2BWitcher%2B2.jpeg

Its out from GOG.com and Steam is now preloading (17GB on steam)

If your from AUS and you want the US version (Uncensored) then buy it from GOG.com, set your country to US and you will get the $49USD price tag along with the uncensored copy.

STEAM IS CENSORED!

There is 50+ Steam Achievements

There is a day1 patch that fixes a lot of the bugs

Patch 1 has been released to the game's automatic updater, and it brings a number of bug fixes and changes. Full list can be found below:

Several major balance fixes (economy and fight)
On screen fixes (items descriptions, journal etc)
Audio mix fixes
Several audio areas, music, cutscene fixes and added better sounds
Many UI fixes (functional, smoother and more user friendly ex. inventory items selection)
Many fixes to quests, quests markers
Visual fixes to fade outs, blackscreens in scenes, cutscenes
Many community fixes - work, npc’s life
Big opponents fights balance and fixes
Many cutscenes fixes - animations, items, lipsync
Gamepad fixes - playing gamepad is now much better
Camera fixes - collisions with objects, collisions with npc’s, combat camera improvements
Some hair physics fixes
Minor QTE fixes
Several locations fixes - objects collisions, environments improvements, lights, effects
Crafting, shops, alchemy improvements
Added new autosaves in important places
Some random crashes fixes
Dice poker improvements - logic bugs fixes
The update will be downloaded automatically when players fire up the game tomorrow on Windows PC.

ATI Users, grab the new drivers 11.5RC3 (Dated May 16)

Let the games begin!!

Also for lol's

BioWareEA Employee gives Witcher 2 a user 0/10 on metacritic

Saw this thread in the BioWare forums and might as well share it with the Witcher 2 fans here

I hope we've not forgotten this guy (http://vividgamer.com/2011/03/14/bioware-employee-caught-reviewing-dragon-age-ii/)

Him giving DA2 a 10/10, while Witcher 2 a user score of 0/10.

I know everyones entitled to his/her own opinion, but this, he's like having some kind of personal vendetta regarding to happened on DA2

http://www.metacritic.com/user/M_Stannard - his profile and review

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/the-witcher-2-assassins-of-kings

nekrosoft13
05-17-11, 08:18 AM
steam version is not censored for US folks. right?

anyway, new nvidia driver http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=2433817#post2433817

Destroy
05-17-11, 08:45 AM
Just wanted to add..

NO SPOILERS PLEASE

Use proper tags.

Vardant
05-17-11, 09:24 AM
275.27 drivers are must have.

http://noob.hu/2011/05/17/witcher2_2011_05_17_11_47_09_171.jpg
vs
http://noob.hu/2011/05/17/witcher2_2011_05_17_13_04_59_639.jpg

LurkerLito
05-17-11, 11:51 AM
Finally got it installed and tried it out for just a short while and it is looking good. I won't be able to play it anymore till later but OMG there is no invert Y mouse option :(.

Destroy
05-17-11, 12:06 PM
I won't be able to play it anymore till later but OMG there is no invert Y mouse option :(.

What?! I'm thinking you missed the option somewhere?

LurkerLito
05-17-11, 12:12 PM
What?! I'm thinking you missed the option somewhere?

Well it is possible I missed it, but I am pretty sure I checked all the options for it.

Skinner
05-17-11, 12:12 PM
Finally got it installed and tried it out for just a short while and it is looking good. I won't be able to play it anymore till later but OMG there is no invert Y mouse option :(.

http://www.gog.com/en/forum/general/no_remapping_of_arrow_keys_for_movement_or_inverti ng_mouse_in_witcher_2/page2

LurkerLito
05-17-11, 01:14 PM
Yeah there is no option to invert y in the menus. Some say adding

Invert=1

to the MouseInput area of the User.ini in user\documents\Witcher 2\Config\ directory works for them, but it didn't work for me. I had to add:

MouseSensitivityX=0.307692
MouseSensitivityY=-0.192308

To the MouseInput area to Invert the Y axis. If you just change the SensitivityY= setting to a negative value it doesn't work it must be "MouseSensitivityY" set to a negative value.

mojoman0
05-17-11, 01:17 PM
seems a likely patch fix in a couple weeks

Roliath
05-17-11, 01:18 PM
FPS FPS FPS
What are you getting performance wise, and at what settings.

StoNer
05-17-11, 02:13 PM
Man I can't wait for the crossfire profile for this game to come out!

Just one of my GPU's by itself can't even come close to doing this game justice.

dikinher
05-17-11, 03:02 PM
This game will kill your FPS if you want to max it out entirely. Ubersampling is the setting that will make your machine hold on to its ankles.

about Ubersampling:
"As you'd expect, it's a high end option: "The whole scene is rendered multiple times to give best possible texture and object details and antialiasing (better than antialias and anisotropy even on highest settings)." The developer says this is intended only for those with both the best possible CPU and GPU available now (X4 980 / i7 980X and 6990 / 590).

Aside from that, count on options for textures, shadows, lighting, LOD, bloom, anti-aliasing, blur, depth of field, "vignette" (a strictly aesthetic effect), rain, SSAO, motion blur, animation, decals, and vertical sync. Keep in mind, this is just the short version."

Gives me another good reason to upgrade to the GTX 590, especially since a new revision was released.

mojoman0
05-17-11, 03:06 PM
interested to see where this will land on metacritic, not that it will influence how much I'm sure Ill love the game

http://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/the-witcher-2-assassins-of-kings/critic-reviews

K007
05-17-11, 03:51 PM
Well it is possible I missed it, but I am pretty sure I checked all the options for it.

no mate...u have not missed it...it is actually not there...there was a few threads on the forums at steam people complaining about it.

LurkerLito
05-17-11, 04:02 PM
Played it a bit with fraps on and I am averaging about 49 fps with my current settings which were set via auto config then tweaked a bit. I tried maxing it out but my FPS ranged from 3-10fps lol, but it did look pretty.

StoNer
05-17-11, 04:58 PM
Radeon Pro with the Dirt 2 Crossfire profile forced and Alternate Frame Rendering enabled = Both of my cards working at 95%+ and my performance is great now!

I suggest you AMD Crossfire users give it a whirl. (nana2)

Bladestorm
05-17-11, 07:34 PM
That Ubersampling is a real killer. I didn't realize I had it enabled at first, and the low fps scared me. I haven't checked with fraps yet, but with everything maxed except for Ubersampling, it plays really well.

One thing though, is there a way to adjust the FOV?

Stoneyguy
05-17-11, 09:02 PM
Combat is really trying my patience. The first game's combat was a selling point once you learned the system. I hope this is true again because right now it's just frustrating.

StoNer
05-17-11, 09:38 PM
Combat is really trying my patience. The first game's combat was a selling point once you learned the system. I hope this is true again because right now it's just frustrating.

The combat was confusing and frustrating for me at first too. Actually I'm still getting used to it, since it's totally different than it was in the original game.

If you wanna square up with someone make sure you save enough energy to block their attacks. Once you get used to the combos and directing your attacks you can take on multiple foes.

Usually I use run n' gun tactics and try to stun people with the Aard so that I can do a insta-kill attack on them.

jeffmd
05-17-11, 10:02 PM
The game is awesome..until.. the dragon. I have just come here to say that this part is complete BULLSHT! You pretty much fckd if you get burned by the dragon.. the one you cant track above you.

The same people who designed al'akir in cataclysm must have designed this fight.

So I passed the dragon by being a pussy, stayed behind everyone and just used fire and mind control. I still got flamed once, stupid dragon.

So later on in the monastery, Ok, I'm all for a good fight.. but wtf am I supposed to do on a 1 vs 6 fight?

Seriously unless this game was designed to be the most boring fighting game on earth where you do nothing but take a quick jab and then run around like a chicken, your pretty much better off on easy mode. The controls themselves are fine... with the only bad thing is your player changes targets to easy. It is hard to focus on one target unless you forcefully lock your target down with another button.

Also reloading saved games is to slow considering all the data is still in memory. Pretty awesome 3d engine though otherwise.

StoNer
05-17-11, 10:37 PM
The game is awesome..until.. the dragon. I have just come here to say that this part is complete BULLSHT! You pretty much fckd if you get burned by the dragon.. the one you cant track above you.

The same people who designed al'akir in cataclysm must have designed this fight.

Yeah you have to stay to the sides underneath shelter. Kill the soldiers hiding in there and make your way through until you get to the middle part. Wait for the dragon to fly off after blasting his fire and then run across and kill the other soldiers. After that you just run up to the gate and it's over.

shilk
05-18-11, 03:09 AM
Keep your eyes peeled! :D

CatalystCreator
Stay tuned on the Witcher 2 CAP - we're currently looking at it (for most games the final release is usually different from beta)

Mr. Hunt
05-18-11, 04:06 AM
Thinking about buying this... really enjoyed the first, but I don't know... I tried to replay it again a few months ago and didn't even make it 20 minutes... got bored VERY quickly for some reason. That and the new Geralt voice is pretty terrible from what I've heard. Those AND I should be spending the money elsewhere :\.

K007
05-18-11, 04:36 AM
geralts voice was a place holder voice when they had the demo videos/etc....they said the real voice actor is back on the final version...

atleast i hope he is...my net is capped so i have to wait till midnight tonight to download the game.