PDA

View Full Version : My XP2000+ is running HOT

Voltaire
08-10-03, 08:29 PM
Yep, its prolly like 20*C degrees in my room and my CPU is at like a constant 60*C

I have the stock HSF, an intake fan and an exhaust fan. I don't really wanna get a new HSF so I was just wondering if there is anything I can do to lower the damn temps...Or is that temp normal for a 2000+?

darkhelmet03
08-10-03, 09:42 PM
my T-bird at 1400MHz with the retail HSF runs at over 65C for almost two years now without a glitch.

It's known however that T-birds held the HEAT crown for quite a long...well till P4 3+ and the upcoming prescotts

holding out for a 2.2GHz Athlon 64....

demonized
08-11-03, 01:13 AM
Is that a palomino? Cause i had a palomino b4 and i was getting 55-60c temps.

Voltaire
08-11-03, 01:22 AM
Naw pretty sure its a t-bred

Deimos
08-11-03, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by Voltaire
Yep, its prolly like 20*C degrees in my room and my CPU is at like a constant 60*C

I have the stock HSF, an intake fan and an exhaust fan. I don't really wanna get a new HSF so I was just wondering if there is anything I can do to lower the damn temps...Or is that temp normal for a 2000+? It's a bit warm, but it ain't a disaster either. However, if you still want to do something about the following comes to mind:

You didn't mention how your fans are configured, in general the intake should be at the bottom front of the case, while the exhaust should be up near the processor.

Also, if you are using flat ide-cables, moving to round ones may be enough to lower the over-all temperature by a few degrees due to better air-flow in the case.

If you are willing to play around with under-volting the cpu, then that is also something that might gain you a little.

/Deimos

styles-T
08-11-03, 09:31 AM
I had stock cooling on my XP2700. It ran at 60c Idle. I got an slk800 with a vantec Tornado and now it runs at 35c. Plus its really hot in my room. Get rid of the stock cooler and you'll be fine.

FastM
08-13-03, 12:55 PM
Vantec Aeroflow. Not expensive, quiet and will drop your temps by at least 20c.