PDA

View Full Version : Super Street FighterŪ IV Arcade Edition - Steam Prepurchase

Pages : [1] 2 3

K007
05-22-11, 12:10 AM
Australians might wanna go and grab it fast it is at 35USD~.

Which is a pretty sweet price considering the content your getting.

StoNer
05-22-11, 04:05 AM
W-W-W-WHAT!?!?!

OMGOMGOMGOMOGMOMG

I can't believe they made it finally! YESSSS!

Dude you just made my year!

AngelGraves13
05-22-11, 05:59 AM
It's sad that it isn't a $15 upgrade.

Instead you have to buy it and then always see Street Fighter IV in your account alongside this. It's like having 2 copies of the same movie on a bookshelf...what's the point?

K007
05-22-11, 06:17 AM
It's sad that it isn't a $15 upgrade.

Instead you have to buy it and then always see Street Fighter IV in your account alongside this. It's like having 2 copies of the same movie on a bookshelf...what's the point?

Considering how much console players paid for it....we not only get the Super Street Fighter, but we get the dlc A/E all tied into a nice little package.

they made a lot of improvements for the online, i am really looking forward to that!..

Capcom ftw!!

and Stoner, it was announced awhile back!

StoNer
05-22-11, 08:35 AM
It's actually the original Super Street Fighter IV that was released a year or so ago on consoles plus the new $15 dollar DLC that they will be buying in this June.

So were getting the original $30 SSFIV + the $15 Arcade Edition DLC.

Seems pretty much fair to me.

I can't wait!

Thanks again K007. I'd still be out of the loop if it wasn't for you! :clap:

Time to break out the fight stick and start practicing more!

K007
05-22-11, 09:39 AM
It's actually the original Super Street Fighter IV that was released a year or so ago on consoles plus the new $15 dollar DLC that they will be buying in this June.

So were getting the original $30 SSFIV + the $15 Arcade Edition DLC.

Seems pretty much fair to me.

I can't wait!

Thanks again K007. I'd still be out of the loop if it wasn't for you! :clap:

Time to break out the fight stick and start practicing more!

Indeed :) i can't wait!!..i hope Akuma is stronger :). I think i saw one of the videos where Oni (i think this is akuma without his necklace as in max power mode) raging demon while in air :P!! (nana2)

StoNer
05-22-11, 11:30 AM
Indeed :) i can't wait!!..i hope Akuma is stronger :). I think i saw one of the videos where Oni (i think this is akuma without his necklace as in max power mode) raging demon while in air :P!! (nana2)

Yeah Oni looks pretty insane!

I never could do Akuma's Ultra >_<

I usually play Dhalsim. Yoga Flame! Yoga Teleport! Yoga Fire! Yoga Teleport!! YOGA CATASTROPHE!!! :firedevil

Logical
05-22-11, 03:02 PM
Can't wait to use Oni and Evil Ryu plus all the new combo's for everyone else...oh yeahhhh!!!

Might be tempted to finish a project i started a while back also, custom made arcade stick with sanwa parts. :)

AngelGraves13
05-23-11, 01:42 AM
Pretty sad that it's using Games for Windows LIVE and not Steamworks. I guess it's too late to fix that.

Oh well...

StoNer
05-23-11, 02:40 AM
Can't wait to use Oni and Evil Ryu plus all the new combo's for everyone else...oh yeahhhh!!!

Might be tempted to finish a project i started a while back also, custom made arcade stick with sanwa parts. :)

I've always wanted to do that. I need another stick for when my nephew comes over. He's only 8 years old so usually he insists on using my controller almost every time. I bet if I made a stick just for him, he'd change his mind! :p

You ever see that guy that made a wireless fight stick out of a coffee table for his front room?

I think he used american parts, with the baseball bat stick. Still pretty cool though!

l418q-EI6yM

This is the stick I use. Since my PC is AMD, I had to get a VIA chipset PCI USB card just to get it to work lol. Something about Intel/VIA chipsets only working with it.

It also works for the PS3 but I don't own one.

http://i55.tinypic.com/2qimsjk.gif

K007
05-23-11, 06:42 AM
Pretty sad that it's using Games for Windows LIVE and not Steamworks. I guess it's too late to fix that.

Oh well...

i never had issues with g4wl, works fine with sf4 4 me

StoNer
05-23-11, 07:21 AM

Actually yeah, SFIV was one of the only games I've ever seen that was a perfect match for Games for Windows LIVE.

Getting into online matches is easy, the matchmaking system works flawlessly, and the Challenge mode during Arcade play works just like it should.

Logical
05-23-11, 12:13 PM
Check out Kasucodes thread, he makes custom arcade sticks and sells them....must say he does a very good job too with awesome quality.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=151964

AngelGraves13
05-23-11, 04:25 PM

Yeah it works fine...

I just HATE GFWL

LurkerLito
05-25-11, 11:46 PM
http://www.bluesnews.com/s/122093/ssfiv-ae-uses-always-on-drm

Always online DRM is part of the game even in local single player or local multi player play. If you can't establish a connection they limit you to 15/39 characters even if you just want to play a few matches offline, or are just doing the challenges :(

Well F**K me. Goes to show you should never preorder till they tell you how large the DRM stick they want to shove up your rear is. I really want to cancel my preorder on principle but IIRC D2D has a no refunds policy on this game so I might be stuck with it. So P.O. at myself for taking a risk preordering this game so far in advance based on the previous SSFIV and a decent discount. Never again Capcom. OK rant over ;).

DRM Explained (http://www.gameranx.com/images/updates/1281104758drm.jpg)

StoNer
05-26-11, 12:14 AM
http://www.bluesnews.com/s/122093/ssfiv-ae-uses-always-on-drm

Always online DRM is part of the game even in local single player or local multi player play. If you can't establish a connection they limit you to 15/39 characters even if you just want to play a few matches offline, or are just doing the challenges :(

Well F**K me. Goes to show you should never preorder till they tell you how large the DRM stick they want to shove up your rear is. I really want to cancel my preorder on principle but IIRC D2D has a no refunds policy on this game so I might be stuck with it. So P.O. at myself for taking a risk preordering this game so far in advance based on the previous SSFIV and a decent discount. Never again Capcom. OK rant over ;).

DRM Explained (http://www.gameranx.com/images/updates/1281104758drm.jpg)

Damn...

The most messed up part about that whole thing is, I bet pirates will still figure out some way to get single player working with all of the characters available, and the only ones that will suffer will be the people who legitimately paid for the game...

JohnDio
05-26-11, 09:52 AM
Most, if not all of us, will purchase the game for its online feature. I really find it hard to believe that some might cancel it due to its online DRM or that some might buy it for its offline mode :P

LurkerLito
05-26-11, 10:40 AM
Most, if not all of us, will purchase the game for its online feature. I really find it hard to believe that some might cancel it due to its online DRM or that some might buy it for its offline mode :P

I would without hesitation. This is probably one of the few games I would actually play online occasionally, and I have no issues with my online connection, but the fact that I cannot play the single player or the challenge parts without being logged in online is unacceptable. I have already had that wonderful experience with Capcom and PSN with Final Fight on the PS3, and I never want that problem to happen again, especially not on my PC. So regardless of how much I want or like a game, I would boycott any game that requires a persistent internet connection to function.

Q
05-26-11, 10:43 AM
I would without hesitation. This is probably one of the few games I would actually play online occasionally, and I have no issues with my online connection, but the fact that I cannot play the single player or the challenge parts without being logged in online is unacceptable. I have already had that wonderful experience with Capcom and PSN with Final Fight on the PS3, and I never want that problem to happen again, especially not on my PC. So regardless of how much I want or like a game, I would boycott any game that requires a persistent internet connection to function.

I have to agree, especially due to the examples you've given.

Also, I have this to offer. When I'm home and my internet is down, its one of the times I want to play games the most. No forums (LOL), no remoting in to work.....

Edit: And I'm even FINE with having the network connection required for the first few months to deter piracy. I just hate when companies don't say that they have a game plan to phase it out. In two years, it will be very hard to justify the overhead to keep the connection online. I don't want to be "locked out" of my game. There are several companies that initially require a connection then phase it out. Before I buy a game, I want to know what the game plan is.

It isn't a lot to ask for, IMO.

LurkerLito
05-26-11, 04:31 PM
Well it looks like Capcom is listening to users since there is a backlash :). I'll hold on to my preorder for the time being. Hope they listen to users though.
http://www.capcom-unity.com/ask_capcom/go/thread/view/7371/27677673/SSF4:AE_PC_ONLINE_QUESTION?pg=10

|MaguS|
05-26-11, 06:18 PM
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/05/26/ssfiv-arcade-edition-pc-to-discourage-piracy-and-frustrate-buye/

You might all want to avoid this game... It's DRM is worse then Ubisofts Always Online DRM.

K007
05-27-11, 06:45 AM
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/05/26/ssfiv-arcade-edition-pc-to-discourage-piracy-and-frustrate-buye/

You might all want to avoid this game... It's DRM is worse then Ubisofts Always Online DRM.

considering that 100% of the time i will be online playing...online...it doesn't bother me.

Assasin Creed on the other hand was a single player only story..

Logical
05-27-11, 01:45 PM

Extreme measures but also a step in the right direction in combating piracy. Yes, i know it will eventually get cracked but im guessing this kind of DRM isn't going to be that easy to crack whilst getting full features of the game.

LurkerLito
06-02-11, 04:23 PM
Sweet news for SSFIV-AE PC buyers:
http://www.bluesnews.com/s/122325/super-street-fighter-iv-ae-drm-changes

Shortly after launch (it might even be at launch, but we’ll see how submission timing and approval goes) we will roll out a small title update that will completely remove the character limitations for offline mode. That is to say, once you’ve updated, you will be able to use all 39 characters when not connected to the Internet to practice your combo timings, have some fun with a friend on a laptop, or whatever while offline.

So hats of to Capcom for making changes after asking for customer's input. :)

DiscipleDOC
06-02-11, 04:29 PM
When is this game release date?