PDA

View Full Version : Enter the Matrix Free after rebate...

jnd3
08-11-03, 08:20 AM
Sure, it wasn't the best game on the planet. It was probably better than Daikatana, though. And you can't beat the price (FREE after $40 rebate). You can pick it up at Amazon.com (http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/feature/-/491561/103-8377143-8093468). I wish I'd have waited for this. I could have used that $35 for something fun!

Cheers,
JND

SH64
08-11-03, 08:34 AM
i just dunno why most people thinks it isnt good .:confused:
personally ..i think its one of best 3rdp shooters for this year .

jnd3
08-11-03, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by SH64
i just dunno why most people thinks it isnt good .:confused:
personally ..i think its one of best 3rdp shooters for this year .
I thought it overhyped and underdelivered. I only played through as Ghost due to many technical problems (the sound, especially, sucked rocks). I think that's been fixed with the latest nForce driver release, but I haven't gotten around to trying it as Niobe (having too much fun dropping Tangos in Raven Shield).

As part of the big Matrix narrative, though, I thought it was quite good. But I also thought it could have been a little more polished for the PC.

Still, it's FREE! :D

Cheers,
JND

CaptNKILL
08-11-03, 11:18 AM
Well its not really free ;)

You have to use a credit card to order (I think), so when you charge it, your credit card company is still going to have that $40 on your balance. Then, by the time you get the rebate in the mail, the interest will have made the game costs like $50. So if you were to give the $40 you got to the credit card company, youd still be paying $10 for the game :lol:

jnd3
08-11-03, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by CaptNKILL
Well its not really free ;)

You have to use a credit card to order (I think), so when you charge it, your credit card company is still going to have that $40 on your balance. Then, by the time you get the rebate in the mail, the interest will have made the game costs like $50. So if you were to give the $40 you got to the credit card company, youd still be paying $10 for the game :lol:
OK, fine, don't pay interest, just pay the bloody credit card bill when you get it. By the time you get the rebate check, it will be (for all intents and purposes) free (minus the 8 or 9 cents interest you would have made if you put the $40 in a savings account). ;) :p

But why would ANYONE pay interest on a credit card in the first place? :retard:

Cheers,
JND

Chalnoth
08-11-03, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by jnd3
Because the credit card was used in an emergency, as other funds were not available? Or, as usually happens, people lack self control once they realize how easy it is to charge to the credit card.

marqmajere
08-12-03, 05:50 AM
Originally posted by jnd3

To build a credit report. Ever try to get a loan? It's better to have SOMETHING on your report than nothing. :)

saturnotaku
08-12-03, 07:05 AM
The game's not listed on the site provided and when I did the search manually it says nothing about any rebates. :(

jnd3
08-12-03, 03:53 PM
It looks like they sold out. Here's a copy of the rebate form (http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00007M5DZ.01.RB01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg) if they get any in stock before Saturday...

Cheers,
JND