PDA

View Full Version : Codename Kingdoms - Crytek

K007
05-30-11, 06:33 AM
85R1k39YM5o

looks good...i think its crytek engine right? the entire trailer

doesn't really tell much...but it has mircrsoft game studio logo....i am not sure if its going to be pc or just xbox only.

JohnDio
05-30-11, 06:58 AM
It's X360 exclusive

K007
05-30-11, 07:12 AM
nvm my bad plz close thread

nutcrackr
05-30-11, 08:24 AM
Crytek sold out. etc.

|MaguS|
05-30-11, 09:54 AM
Crytek sold out. etc.

No they want to make money.

Sean_W
05-30-11, 11:10 AM
No they want to make money.

That's fine, assuming they can actually make a game to match Halo, CoD or Half Life

|MaguS|
05-30-11, 11:15 AM
That's fine, assuming they can actually make a game to match Halo, CoD or Half Life

That is what I doubt. They are talented Engineers but lack in design and story telling to be at the top. When this fails they will blame the lack of fans that the PC community provided them... it will go in a circle with them. Only way Crytek will be successful is if a larger company signs a good deal to use their engine like Epic and ID (well how ID use to do it). Neither of them are great game developers but they know how to market their engines.

Madpistol
05-30-11, 11:24 AM
Crytek is a good company, but they really need to return to their roots with Far Cry, which was an absolutely fantastic game. Crysis was good too, but it lacked the pizzazz that Far Cry had. Crysis 2 is an utter mess.

Definitely the signs of a company that is now in it only to make money, and they could care less about their core community, which is PC gamers. How sad.

Sean_W
05-30-11, 11:37 AM
That is what I doubt. They are talented Engineers but lack in design and story telling to be at the top. When this fails they will blame the lack of fans that the PC community provided them... it will go in a circle with them. Only way Crytek will be successful is if a larger company signs a good deal to use their engine like Epic and ID (well how ID use to do it). Neither of them are great game developers but they know how to market their engines.

Why would id and Epic use Crytek's engine? They're their competitor and clearly Crytek are trying to do what Epic and id have done.

id and Epic not great game developers? WTF! :screwy:

Madpistol
05-30-11, 12:48 PM
Epic has a few good titles. What has iD produced since the days of Doom 3?

Vardant
05-30-11, 12:58 PM
Most of the time, they were working on a new engine, Quake Live, some XBL games and then there's Rage/Doom 4 coming.

|MaguS|
05-30-11, 01:38 PM
Why would id and Epic use Crytek's engine? They're their competitor and clearly Crytek are trying to do what Epic and id have done.

id and Epic not great game developers? WTF! :screwy:

Only way Crytek will be successful is if a larger company signs a good deal to use their engine like Epic and ID (well how ID use to do it).

Maybe I didn't write clearly enough. What I meant was that they should do business like ID and Epic and focus only on Engines rather then game development. Other the Gears Epic hasn't really been in the Game Development business.

Bah!
05-30-11, 03:46 PM
Epic has a few good titles. What has iD produced since the days of Doom 3?

What few good titles?

Sean_W
05-30-11, 03:57 PM
Unreal, Unreal Tournament, Gears of War series. It's not about quantity though, both make game engines used by a lot of other games.

wysiwyg
05-31-11, 07:39 AM
they have made Warface for pc... but only for Asia! grrrrrr @ Crytek!!! :thumbdwn::headexplode::(

eQyVB3twZCs&feature=related