PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty - Elite!

Pages : [1] 2

K007
05-31-11, 09:12 AM
We're excited to introduce Call of Duty Elite, a new evolution for the Call of Duty series. Elite enhances the multiplayer experience to epic proportions, completely changing the way you interact and compete. Visit the Elite site to check out the video and get a chance to get on the summer closed beta invite list!

http://www.callofduty.com/elite

Even if the number of players drop...idiots will still pay for this..so the end will still be a profit.

Madpistol
05-31-11, 09:25 AM
This is the one where people are going to pay monthly, right?

ViN86
05-31-11, 09:54 AM
Activision's plans for a new subscription component for Call of Duty games, dubbed Call of Duty Elite, have leaked online ahead of the official embargo.

Call of Duty Elite will, according to the Wall Street Journal, launch alongside Modern Warfare 3 in November this year.

Elite offers players a number of analysis tools, as well as extra content and downloadable map packs in return for a monthly subscription. Tools include level maps, stat-tracking, player-searching tools and the ability to create clans and groups.

The cost of the subscription has yet to be determined, but Activision was keen to stress that players will not need to pay to play Call of Duty's standard multiplayer. Payment is only required for the Elite toolset.

More information will become available when the embargo lifts later today, but until then let us know your thoughts in the forums and check out the Modern Warfare 3 trailer below. More videos are available in the trailers section.

I don't buy the map packs anyways, so I see no use for this myself. But for others the features may be useful (i.e. console players).

DiscipleDOC
05-31-11, 09:56 AM
Pass.:thumbdwn:

Phyre
05-31-11, 10:03 AM
BRB, heading to the bathroom for a Call of Doodie....

Vardant
05-31-11, 10:14 AM
But for others the features may be useful (i.e. console players).
I've seen some console players pointing out, that the stat-tracking, that is supposed be so much expensive was already part of Halo and for free. Bungie must have lost a fortune doing that :D

Sean_W
05-31-11, 11:01 AM
:lol2: :lol2: slaWter

Roliath
05-31-11, 11:06 AM
Another reason i'm glad I don't own any CoD game.

mailman2
05-31-11, 11:25 AM
I love COD, but I hope this is a massive fail. I'll never pay monthly / yearly, etc to play a game online.

Elite offers players a number of analysis tools, as well as extra content and downloadable map packs in return for a monthly subscription. Tools include level maps, stat-tracking, player-searching tools and the ability to create clans and groups.

The cost of the subscription has yet to be determined, but Activision was keen to stress that players will not need to pay to play Call of Duty's standard multiplayer. Payment is only required for the Elite toolset.

So basically nothing I care about.... this is for the people dumb enough to pay for it.

knghtwhosaysni
05-31-11, 11:36 AM
I'm pretty sure bungie did all that for free with Halo 2--at least as far as the level maps, stat tracking, player searching, and clans.

|MaguS|
05-31-11, 11:48 AM
Valve does this with TF2 and CS:S as well.

bob saget
05-31-11, 12:07 PM
All these MW3 rumor discussion threads are annoying as hell....

Bearclaw
05-31-11, 12:19 PM
Read this on my tech feed earlier. What crap. "More detailed" stats. :rofl

Basically "$7.99" for BS.

Anyone here who orders this is banned.

ViN86
05-31-11, 12:30 PM
Gears of War 2 did this for free on 360 too.

frenchy2k1
05-31-11, 12:36 PM
Valve has been doing more for even longer. TF2 is a great counter example... with hats!

ViN86
05-31-11, 12:48 PM
All these MW3 rumor discussion threads are annoying as hell....

This isn't a rumor though. They're really going to do this.

mailman2
05-31-11, 01:19 PM
Anyone here who orders this is banned.

lmao. No argument from me on that. :D

Bearclaw
05-31-11, 01:23 PM
lmao. No argument from me on that. :D

Yes, you pirate. Not something to be proud of. :tool:

Sean_W
05-31-11, 03:27 PM
Yes, you pirate. Not something to be proud of. :tool:

Eh? How can you say that just by his comment?

Logical
05-31-11, 05:18 PM
LMAO, with the last POS game we had IWNET forced upon us.....This time they want us to pay for it....

Can confirm that MW3 will be a no buy from me...

nutcrackr
05-31-11, 05:26 PM
They still don't really give details aside from map packs being free. Even then are they only free while you keep paying? If so then it's a complete rip off anyway. I suspect you won't be able to win any prizes without subscribing either. I really don't see this having a negative impact on sales sadly.

six_storm
05-31-11, 05:36 PM
No thanks. I'll get my CoD fix with MW2 and BO.

bob saget
05-31-11, 11:58 PM
This isn't a rumor though. They're really going to do this.

Well i meant a thread for just discussions about the game, before the game is released....

But fair enough.

Crow_Nest
06-01-11, 05:05 AM
Im sure many of us already saw this coming. No self respecting gamer will pay for this corruption, regardless of what platform they play on.

rudedog
06-01-11, 06:29 AM
Well i meant a thread for just discussions about the game, before the game is released....

But fair enough.

See this is the problem, Activision/402 releases half assed news regarding this new service. People are up in arms, and complain but they fail at answering or following up with answers to many of these questions. I agree there is a lot of speculation on the web right now but what does Activision/402 do? They keep their mouth shut and leave everyone hanging. Same thing they've done since 402 started... I miss HellChick the original CM for IW and CoD (she was a dev as well)

If they are that concerned with the so called rumors then they should step up and start answering questions from their customers ASAP. They are the reason why 99.98% of rumors and speculations get way out of hand.