PDA

View Full Version : C7 Corvette to be 3L Turbo V8

Shamrock
06-03-11, 02:09 AM
http://autos.yahoo.com/news/next-corvette-will-be-powered-by-small--high-revving-turbo-v-8.html

You read it correctly, the next Vette will be a Hi-revving turbo V8. A little over 3 liters, and rev close to 10k rpm. Will have around 400HP.

There WILL be a big block available for traditionalists. And POSSIBLY mid-engine!

Viral
06-03-11, 03:28 AM
Smaller capacity is fine but 3L V8? 4-4.5L Turbo would have been much nicer IMHO.

The current LSx engines aren't big block BTW, they weigh less than some DOHC all alloy V6's, too. The major downside to them is throttle response and fuel efficiency for general driving. Other than that they are great engines. If they go DOHC like they did 20 years ago for a trial, it will greatly improve throttle response, but at the expense of a heavier engine. Sure, being only 3L it will probably be light enough, but with a couple of turbos and an intercooler I somehow doubt it will end up lighter than the current LS7 and will probably produce less torque. Hope I'm proven wrong.

Raptorman
06-03-11, 04:53 AM
That's some gayness. Damn you CAFE standards! And damn you Fast & Furious!

munkus
06-03-11, 03:19 PM
My Prius can blow away a Vette when it's in Power Mode...

...as long as the Vette is parked. :bleh:

DiscipleDOC
06-03-11, 03:33 PM

:lol:

Hogrider
06-03-11, 03:42 PM
They should rename the Prius the PreAss, because previously to getting the car you'd be getting ass.

munkus
06-03-11, 03:53 PM
They should rename the Prius the PreAss, because previously to getting the car you'd be getting ass.

It's a car only for married guys who get plenty at home. :p

Redeemed
06-03-11, 05:36 PM
:lol:

Moo
06-03-11, 09:48 PM
You read it correctly, the next Vette will be a Hi-revving turbo V8. A little over 3 liters, and rev close to 10k rpm.

A.K.A. the next Corvette will be a motorcycle :eek2:

CaptnStubing
06-09-11, 02:09 AM

When you lick the battery does it give you that funny taste in your mouff like 9 volt batteries?

Redeemed
06-09-11, 02:32 AM
When you lick the battery does it give you that funny taste in your mouff like 9 volt batteries?

:rofl