PDA

View Full Version : New Expansion for Haegemonia and Homeworld 2 COMING soon

Sotos
08-11-03, 02:58 PM
Man these cool space strategy type game with the REAL COOL WALKER engine will have an expansion
Haegemonia:SOLONS HERITAGE

Haegemonia had been voted as one of the best space strategy games in GRAPHICS (and still is)

As for Homeworld 2 you probably know...:)

DaveW
08-15-03, 03:18 PM
Haeg had very sweet graphics. The gameplay got old after a while though. HW2 is gonna be sweet, ill probably take a day off to play it when it comes out.

jnd3
08-15-03, 03:51 PM
Gah! HW2 is supposed to be out the same day as Jedi Academy! I'm going to have to take a week off!

Was Hegemonia worth the $$$? It looked too much like cheap Homeworld knock-off. I figured I'd get more enjoyment if I reinstalled HW and Cataclysm... :)

Cheers,
JND

DaveW
08-18-03, 09:14 AM
Haegemonia has VERY nice graphics, better than Homeworld's. But space in it is compressed and so it the graphics lack the grand scale and vastness of space that Homeworld. Remember that level in HW that was inside the debris of some huge structure that looked light years across? That blew you away. I think in HW2 the mothership will be rebuilt in that location.

Riptide
08-18-03, 12:28 PM
The junkyard level in Homeworld had a great spacial feel to it. Gigantic pieces of "junk" floating around that you could never reach with your corvettes, but they kinda hung there in space as part of the backdrop creating a good illusion of vastness.

Homeworld had OK graphics, let's hope the next looks much better. Judging from the screenies it should be a treat.

The Baron
08-18-03, 02:31 PM
I dunno what it was, but something about Homeworld really turned me off.

Maybe it was that fifth mission or whatever it was that was unfathomably difficult to do except by doing precisely what the developers intended. That's no fun.

Greg
08-20-03, 05:42 AM
Originally posted by The Baron
I dunno what it was, but something about Homeworld really turned me off. Maybe it was that fifth mission or whatever it was that was unfathomably difficult to do except by doing precisely what the developers intended. That's no fun.

Yeah, I played to about mission 5 and got frustrated with it. Then I cheated and got bored. The game did manage to have a practical and usable interface to the 3d space though.

Edit: My favorite game style is to be able to make some mistakes, but still win in the end. Not to repeat until I get it perfect. Some games give the illusion of freedom, but then require you to solve a puzzle in just one way.