PDA

View Full Version : Oh yeah..... FarCry 3!

Pages : [1] 2

Ywap
06-06-11, 07:21 PM
http://far-cry.ubi.com/far-cry-3/en-GB/

yuseKGafCvo

Rummy
06-06-11, 07:30 PM
I hope they don't have the respawning roadblocks like in Far Cry 2. I really wanted to enjoy it but just couldn't because of that.

[AK]Zip
06-06-11, 07:40 PM
So another crappy console port?

MowTin
06-06-11, 07:41 PM
That looks awesome! This game wasn't even on my radar.

I also hope they fixed the respawning enemies at checkpoints.

Very excited about this!

jcrox
06-06-11, 09:08 PM
Looks pretty sweet but so did Far Cry 2 and I hated that game.

Hopefully it's not another drive, drive, drive, kill the same guys you already killed 91 times, repeat... like the last one.

Johnny C
06-06-11, 09:49 PM
Farcry 2 looked great...it just played like ass due to respawing enemies and ****ty gun mechanics.

bob saget
06-06-11, 11:29 PM
Far Cry 2 was the biggest pile of horsesh*t i ever did see. Worst sp experience than Call of Duty.

Pennyboy
06-07-11, 01:46 AM
I hope they don't have the respawning roadblocks like in Far Cry 2. I really wanted to enjoy it but just couldn't because of that.

Those road blocks had me cursing like a sailor and in the end I gave up in frustration too! It definately ruined what could of been a game I really wanted to like.

Redeemed
06-07-11, 02:08 AM
It seems like they're trying to mimick the likes of Oblivion/Skyrim in many ways, only more modern.

I'm all for that as I really love and like Oblivion, and cannot wait for Skyrim. I'll have to keep my eyes on this one. :)

Pennyboy
06-07-11, 05:45 AM
Far cry 1 was poo too. Ok well it was fun up until the aliens came into the game then the game turned to crap!

Pennyboy
06-07-11, 06:24 AM
Now you're just talking **** man, FC1 was great. (nana2)

Part of the game was great until half way through where u start to figt aliens and the exploring of the island stopped.

Muppet
06-07-11, 06:33 AM
That looks really good. More like the original than FC2 (thank God)

I wonder when it is due out.

K007
06-07-11, 06:53 AM
Fed Ex 3

nutcrackr
06-07-11, 07:14 AM
They have fast travel so that cures about 80% of far cry 2's problems already.

FastRedPonyCar
06-07-11, 10:28 AM
They have fast travel so that cures about 80% of far cry 2's problems already.

yeah the driving miles and miles to get to the bus stop was a huge time waste.

I really liked FC2 though. I didn't mind the re-spawning checkpoints though I wish it would have waited a bit longer for them to re-spawn. :thumbdwn:

For some reason though, those games where you have endless wandering around options really appeal to me even if there are some not so great things about it. I think what excited me a lot about that video was when he said that there's a lot of stuff off the beaten path to discover and explore. That was one of my biggest complaints with crysis and warhead. LOTS of off path map space but absolutely nothing but trees and grass and rocks :thumbdwn:

It seems that they're wanting to reward you for just wandering around in FC3.

Oh and the grabbing the dude's knife from behind, stabbing him then throwing the knife into another guy... yeah that was one of the coolest takedowns I've ever seen in a game.

grey_1
06-07-11, 10:31 AM
That looks really good. More like the original than FC2 (thank God)

I wonder when it is due out.

I sure hope so. I sunk about 6 hours into FC2 to give it a fair shake, will never install it again.

A move back towards the original which is still one of my all time favs...that would be nice. :)

Bearclaw
06-07-11, 10:58 AM
Far Cry 2 was the biggest pile of horsesh*t i ever did see. Worst sp experience than Call of Duty.

This. I looked forward to this game so much and it just let me down in EVERY way possible. Done with this franchise.

Ywap
06-07-11, 11:07 AM
Far Cry 2 was great imo. Loved the gunplay and playing with fire.

Yes, they could have waited a bit longer with the respawning but other than that: Awesome open world game!

ryoohki
06-07-11, 11:16 AM
Zip;2442200']So another crappy console port?

Well all games except very very very rare one are console port anyway. It will be always like that since console is way more profitable money wise. It's also the only reason you can run games in 5100x3434 3 Way monitor on a SLI 460 because if they where all like Witcher 2.. you'll need 4xSLI 580 for that.. LOL :)

Even Witcher 2 is going Xbox 360...

Battlefield 3 is made on PC first, with PC exclusive features, but that's a first in a LONG time for a FPS on PC..

nekrosoft13
06-07-11, 11:23 AM
what really suprised me is how did Far Cry 2 devs release such a POS thinking people will like it?

EciDemon
06-07-11, 12:40 PM
Yes look at how ALIVE everything is *while standing over a dead body* lol :D
too funny

Pennyboy
06-07-11, 03:53 PM
what really suprised me is how did Far Cry 2 devs release such a POS thinking people will like it?

Yeah did they not even play through this game before releasing it? If they did they would picked up on the fact the check points annoyed the player to the point where so many just gave up. I'm still p*ssed I wasted money and bought this game.

=assassin=
06-07-11, 05:39 PM
I just saw a gameplay vid on shacknews, looks like it might be a pretty cool game. Nice to see the return to the island setting.

bob saget
06-07-11, 05:48 PM
i am worried about how many times they mention far cry 2.

hirantha
06-08-11, 05:59 PM
It was played on the console and don't keep your hopes up for a good and working PC version.