PDA

View Full Version : STar Wars: TOR

bob saget
06-06-11, 11:08 PM
D3kc1kamwew&feature=player_embedded

Haven't played ANY starwars games, but this one looks sick. Trailer available in HD..

Bah!
06-06-11, 11:16 PM
The problem is, the trailers are awesome, but there isn't a single frame of gameplay in them. The actual game looks like ass, so it will have to be amazing gameplay wise.

MaXThReAT
06-06-11, 11:37 PM
Wow that was jaw dropping awesome. I really admire the work that goes into CGI like that.

Redeemed
06-07-11, 12:44 AM
Looks cool and all... but I get the vibe they're trying to recreate, or mimick, the epicness of the original three titles- only in their video games.

Yet I just don't feel like they're capturing the aww of the last three episodes.

Besides, I want a new Jedi Knight! Or even a second Republic Commando! :D :p

Crow_Nest
06-07-11, 04:28 AM
Besides, I want a new Jedi Knight! Or even a second Republic Commando! :D :p

Yeah im kinda getting sick of all this peanut butter jelly of the republic star wars games. They really should expand on the JK series and pick up where jedi academy left off. I remember playing that and JK2 to death.

K007
06-07-11, 07:02 AM
would prefer KOTR III or RCommando 2.

i enjoyed republic commando 1...it was surprinsgly good.

Vardant
06-07-11, 08:10 AM
Imperial Commando(sequel to Repub. Com.) was in the works, but was canceled. LucasArts pretty much never recovered after that.

I'm not sure I would like to see another KotOR game done under Bioware. I would prefer if CDProjekt could be hired for that one.

Ninja Prime
06-07-11, 08:51 AM
The problem is, the trailers are awesome, but there isn't a single frame of gameplay in them. The actual game looks like ass, so it will have to be amazing gameplay wise.

While this is true, look at world of warcraft, it looks like ass relative to any other modern game, but its the top mmo in the world and has been for 6 years.

mojoman0
06-07-11, 02:35 PM
Yeah im kinda getting sick of all this peanut butter jelly of the republic star wars games. They really should expand on the JK series and pick up where jedi academy left off. I remember playing that and JK2 to death.

qft, some of the best games ever made. I tried one once it was ported to console however and it just didnt translate well at all. assuming this is why they havent made another and moved towards the dumbed down force unleashed

DiscipleDOC
06-07-11, 03:00 PM
I bought that DC universe game because of the trailer. Biggest mistake I've made. Won't be doing that again.

logan
06-09-11, 01:56 PM
Is Bioware outsourcing any of the video production or are they doing it all themselves? All of the cinematic type clips I've seen for TOR are great.. Lucas should hire them to make movies.

Fotis
06-09-11, 03:30 PM
Everyone wanted to milk the MMORPG cow after Warcraft turned HUGE profits but the thing is every other atempt to approach World of Warcraft's success has failed. GET OVER it publishers-developers! It was a one time deal.Let it die already!:thumbdwn:

Runningman
06-09-11, 04:11 PM
Everyone wanted to milk the MMORPG cow after Warcraft turned HUGE profits but the thing is every other atempt to approach World of Warcraft's success has failed. GET OVER it publishers-developers! It was a one time deal.Let it die already!:thumbdwn:

I remember hearing the same thing about EQ and how WoW wasn never going to recreate the success. WOW has been slowly dieing since the expansion and I think people clamering for something new.

Maverick123w
06-09-11, 06:23 PM

I completely disagree with you. Bioware is doing this game the right way. It's going to be massive and actually plays like an rpg.

Logical
06-09-11, 07:38 PM
Not a big fan of MMORPG's...However i DO like RPG's and i very much like KOTOR games. SWTOR looks jaw droppingly awesome in every aspect and will be imo by far the best Star wars game to date. KOTOR 3 would've been nice but SWTOR will do just nicely.