PDA

View Full Version : Duke's Gonna Be Mad, Duke Nukem Forever Leaks A Week Early

Pages : [1] 2

mailman2
06-08-11, 11:16 AM
Not for PC though of course, as usual consoles, PS3 and Xbox 360 again...and we get blamed for piracy. Irony.

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/60751/Dukes-Gonna-Be-Mad-Duke-Nukem-Forever-Leaks-A-Week-Early

For those of you that are planning on picking up Duke Nukem Forever it's time to put up those spoiler guards. Pirates have already released a full version of the game, leaving the floodgates open for spoilerific activities of all sorts in the coming week. Duke Nukem Forever was meant to be under wraps for most of the world on June 10th, and the US June 14th, but all that has obviously changed.

Of course once again it's the Xbox 360 version of a major game hitting pirate channels first, something that publishers used to bash the PC platform over as some sort of excuse to shift their focus away. It leaves me wondering just when publishers are going to start to acknowledge the console problem, or does it not matter as long as copies are still flying off shelves?

HiCZoK4
06-08-11, 11:20 AM
Its only 2 days before 10th. I didnt even bother downloading it :lol:
But thats becouse I am getting pc version as preordered:P

And yeah. PC is that bad pirates market...

|MaguS|
06-08-11, 11:26 AM
Not for PC though of course, as usual consoles, PS3 and Xbox 360 again...and we get blamed for piracy. Irony.

http://ve3d.ign.com/articles/news/60751/Dukes-Gonna-Be-Mad-Duke-Nukem-Forever-Leaks-A-Week-Early

For those of you that are planning on picking up Duke Nukem Forever it's time to put up those spoiler guards. Pirates have already released a full version of the game, leaving the floodgates open for spoilerific activities of all sorts in the coming week. Duke Nukem Forever was meant to be under wraps for most of the world on June 10th, and the US June 14th, but all that has obviously changed.

Of course once again it's the Xbox 360 version of a major game hitting pirate channels first, something that publishers used to bash the PC platform over as some sort of excuse to shift their focus away. It leaves me wondering just when publishers are going to start to acknowledge the console problem, or does it not matter as long as copies are still flying off shelves?

PC gets blamed for piracy because the sales on the platform are far lower then the other platforms so its more of a hit. I bet you when Duke Nukem does release on the net for the PC you will see three times the traffic on the PC version over the console.

|MaguS|
06-08-11, 11:28 AM
And otherwise you'd have downloaded it? Pfff :thumbdwn:

He probably still will, I really doubt his preorder claim. He is a known pirate and a deebag.

DiscipleDOC
06-08-11, 11:30 AM
He probably still will, I really doubt his preorder claim. He is a known pirate and a deebag.

If he does, that's something that will not be mentioned here at nV News...

mailman2
06-08-11, 11:41 AM

EDIT- NM, thought it was referring to me. Sorry, my bad.

DiscipleDOC
06-08-11, 11:45 AM
Uhhh.. wrong guy... I didn't preorder it, never claimed to.

I'm not a "known" pirate... I don't know wtf you are talking about but it's not me. I hate the rap PC gamers get for pirating when the consoles always leak and early. You can apologize to me now for being a deebag and a liar.

Most games I buy retail... but just to prove I buy games...here is what my Steam account is worth... whats yours worth?

http://www.steamcalculator.com/id/tazman137

He was not referring to you. Calm down.

Logical
06-08-11, 12:04 PM
**** off with your boring **** about " whine ehine whine blame Pc's for piracy...whine whine whine console leaked early whine whine whine....PC's are to blame you can't get torrents on consoles.....

FFS get a ****in grip fanboys.

StoNer
06-08-11, 12:12 PM
How exactly can you spoil a Duke Nukem game?

Most people don't really play it for the story lol

mailman2
06-08-11, 12:18 PM
PC's are to blame you can't get torrents on consoles....

Dude, seriously... get a clue before you start ranting. You couldn't be anymore wrong right now.

If you don't like a thread don't post in it, but you didn't have to look like such a fool.

ViN86
06-08-11, 12:33 PM
Its only 2 days before 10th. I didnt even bother downloading it :lol:
But thats becouse I am getting pc version as preordered:P

And yeah. PC is that bad pirates market...

That's why you didn't bother? Not because it's stealing and it's illegal?

You need to grow up.

Redeemed
06-08-11, 12:36 PM

You need to grow up.

I cannot stand pirates. There is absolutely *no* excuse to pirate *anything*.

First off, if it is worth your time to playit/watch it/listen to it, then it is worth your money. How much of your money is the debatable part. Wait till it is available someplace for a price you deem reasonable.

Not worth any of your money? Then it isn't worth any of your time either. Go spend your hard earned money and precious time on something you'll actually enjoy and value.

And honestly anybody whom disagrees is merely trying to justify their stealing and being a theif. No two-ways about it.

MaXThReAT
06-08-11, 12:51 PM
Umm I'm sorry but why the hell isn't this locked and deleted, with a mod taking part, I thought we're not allowed to speak of leaked material?(lee)

|MaguS|
06-08-11, 01:00 PM
Umm I'm sorry but why the hell isn't this locked and deleted, with a mod taking part, I thought we're not allowed to speak of leaked material?(lee)

Rules have been lax here for a long time...

Logical
06-08-11, 01:21 PM
Dude, seriously... get a clue before you start ranting. You couldn't be anymore wrong right now.

If you don't like a thread don't post in it, but you didn't have to look like such a fool.

Lol i was talking like a fan boy....Read the post properly please, you obviously missed the sarcasm....Fanboy, how many times you gonna mis read posts in this thread, also i post in any thread that i want to and will give my opinion...no fanboy gonna stop me doin that.

DiscipleDOC
06-08-11, 01:22 PM
As long as there are no links to download pirated materials, and as long as you're not personally participating in downloading pirated materials, then there is no harm.

This thread will get locked quicker for ppl trolling other people than just the talk of a leaked game.

Logical
06-08-11, 01:25 PM
My god these forums have gone to **** with all these fanboy cretins lately...i agree mods need to take more control of this nonsense school playground fanboy talk.

Informing others of a leaked game is as bad as the piracy itself, NVnews is supposed to be strictly pirate free and any talk of piracy is usually locked in seconds.....sort it out DD

de><ta
06-08-11, 01:44 PM
Duke Nukem's son is the final boss.

|MaguS|
06-08-11, 01:46 PM
My god these forums have gone to **** with all these fanboy cretins lately...i agree mods need to take more control of this nonsense school playground fanboy talk.

Informing others of a leaked game is as bad as the piracy itself, NVnews is supposed to be strictly pirate free and any talk of piracy is usually locked in seconds.....sort it out DD

Yup, I remember my threat about DRM being locked instantly because it could lead to piracy discussions.

lduguay
06-08-11, 01:47 PM
I cannot stand pirates. There is absolutely *no* excuse to pirate *anything*.

Redeemed,

This was a screeny of your desktop the last time I checked the Desktop Picture 2011 thread.
I hope you have paid for all those applications (lee)

http://i42.tinypic.com/erd010.jpg

j/k ;)

DiscipleDOC
06-08-11, 01:47 PM

What's there to sort out? There is a link to a publication about how Duke was leaked. that's it. If there was talk about how a person has a copy of this game, then I would step in. If a person would talk about where to get the leaked game, then I would step in.

You're right about the fanboys though. People need to calm down and stop acting like 8 year-old kids.

proliferazor
06-08-11, 02:09 PM
Say it isn't so, The Duke NEVER releases early. :nanahump:

EciDemon
06-08-11, 02:46 PM
Yeah isn't it ironic how the most delayed game in history gets leaked early :))

Edit:
Btw i was under the impression pretty much all games on consoles gets leaked early

HiCZoK4
06-08-11, 03:25 PM

You need to grow up.

Its ironicly said. Thats first.

I dont know whats problems You always have with me.
I am stupid to get in a disscussion with You but here is my preorder site.. Not that I have to proove anything to anyone.
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j257/HiCZoK/Capture-6.jpg

I am not sure why it says 14th not 10th. But Ive emailed them and they siad that I should be able to pick it up tomorrow :)
IEdit: Nevermind. I was doing internet whining here and getting upset by other users

Bah!
06-08-11, 03:53 PM
How exactly can you spoil a Duke Nukem game?

Have Gearbox develop it?